Old Jun 20, 2015, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by rotccapt
that tree ate my plane
oklahoma city oklahoma
Joined Apr 2004
1,659 Posts
Discussion
using ez links for biplane wing attachemt

hi all i am building a 32 inch biplane and for storage sake i would like to make the wings removable. my original plan was to just attach the top wing with screws but after starting the build i decided this would be a futile effort. so i had a though of making some quick connectors out of music wire. i might still use them, but then i had the though of using the ez pushrod connectors that dubro makes and use them to connect the inter-plane struts. the center section would also be on a kind of quick pin.

here is my idea for the pins that i came up with. what are your thoughts on the over all idea
rotccapt is offline Find More Posts by rotccapt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by Grup
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
900 Posts
Take a look at how the Parkzone Albatross wing is attached, in particular the outer struts.

The struts are hollow; a pin is attached to the wing which fits into that hollow tube. Then there is a hole drilled through both of these nested parts, horizontally aligned with the direction of the fuselage.

A metal wire runs through this and locks the wing into the strut. It works pretty good, and it's quick

Regards
Grup is offline Find More Posts by Grup