Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by chopperscott
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,549 Posts
Discussion
Horizon/Spektrum help?

Ok guys, I CAN'T be the only one that's ever had this issue. I bought a used DX8 through the classifieds here on rcg, last year sometime I believe. I've bought so many things here that I don't recall the sellers name, and I've long since deleted the pm's that we're sent back and forth during the transaction. I just recently purchased a trex 500 through the classifieds as well. I had a friend trying to help me set up the heli, and he told me that the radio needs to be updated to the newest software. Needless to say, the radio has already been registered by the previous owner, and I can't get in touch with him to have him delete his registration, so that I could register it and update it. I'm assuming this happens at least once in a while, so what is my recourse now? I don't wish to buy another radio, I'm perfectly happy with the DX8.
chopperscott is offline Find More Posts by chopperscott
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:59 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,549 Posts
I located the seller. Hopefully I'll be able to get the radio registered to me so I can get the latest update.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:59 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
6,602 Posts
errr ....... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2211434
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2015, 01:02 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,549 Posts
Thanks Lou. I KNEW there was a way to find the threads of items I'd purchased, but I've no idea how to go about it. I sent the seller a pm, hopefully I can get this taken care of.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Ground Penetration Tester
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
6,602 Posts
Glad to help. Not being able to upgrade due to registration is a huge annoyance when the original owner sells and does not change the registration.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2015, 01:15 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,549 Posts
Yes, but I'm thinking it probably happens quite often. I sent him a pm so I'm hopeful that I can get it sorted out soon. The guy I spoke to at horizon said it's possible to do it without the previous owner taking it off of their account, but it's a huge pain in the rump. Thanks again for the help. Rcgroups members are the best.