New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Oryon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by Oryon
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Discussion
There comes a time...

I was out riding my Motorcycle, and after the ride, had a time of serious reflection..
There comes a time in every man's life when he is required to man the hell up. A time where you need to stare the devil in the eyes and casually ask him, "Is that all you got?" as he drags you through the 7 layers of hell. A time to say "The hell with the heliocentric model of the solar system, the universe in fact revolves around my Andromeda sized titanium balls." For me, that moment was yesterday, as I discovered a spider inside my helmet, at 90MPH...
Oryon is offline Find More Posts by Oryon
Last edited by Oryon; Sep 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
27,243 Posts
That'll do it.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by williame3590
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
3,201 Posts
Ahh your a wimp, try taking a sparrow straight in under the visor of a half shell at 70mph.
New underpants were needed shortly thereafter.

Bill
ps. birds stink when they explode
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
27,243 Posts
Big junebug dead center in the sternum at 75mph wearing a t-shirt. Thought I'd been shot. Sounded like it too. WHAP!!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
Find More Posts by DKChris
Danish? Don't U eat that??
Denmark
Joined Jan 2008
257 Posts
Ok, was only doing like 55-60mph, but took a fullgrown flying pheasant straight into the (luckily closed fullface) helmet many years ago as a relatively green motorcyclist, as I was riding along a straight piece of road, and it took off exactly at face height from a dirtpile just off the roadside. No warning or time to react or anything. Just WHAM and feathers everywhere. Luckily it just bounced off the helmet without cracking the visor, and i managed not to get into a crash.........went back and picked it up and took it along to my parents........we had it for dinner the same evening - great tender meat, allthough it did have a slight iron note to the taste
Had a somewhat soar neck for a couple of weeks, but that was it.

Back when I was 17, a school friend of mine did the spider in closed helmet thing while doing 40-45mph on a far too severely tuned small moped.....except he caught himself a wasp.
This strapping young fella however managed to pull his shyte together and concentrate on bringing his wobbly pile of nuts and bolts to a complete controlled halt, before he frantically started ripping his helmet off. He did get stung and boasted a lovely swollen purple eye for a few days after. The rest of the class however all agreed on that this dude had once and for all proven to have balls......
DKChris is offline Find More Posts by DKChris
Last edited by DKChris; Sep 25, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by barneybdb
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jan 2009
44 Posts
Not a motorbike but a pushbike, military base in a tropical area, no lights, no stars or moon due to the 100% cloud cover, get hit by a 6 foot wingspan fruitbat, knocked me off the bike, got it's claws stuck in my shirt and started beating me around the head with it's leathery wings. I had NFI what had hit me. Got home covered in blood and clothes all torn to shreds, wife say's "You been drinking and fighting again?" I tried to explain that I had just finished work but she did not believe me.
barneybdb is offline Find More Posts by barneybdb
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
United States, KY, Covington
Joined Feb 2003
1,545 Posts
A bee down the shirt at 50 mph, starts stinging...how fast can you stop and rip off your shirt.
I also had something hit me one night dead center between the eyes, breaking my glasses in half.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow