is that 90, 95, or 100 degrees
ncflyer79 is offline Find More Posts by ncflyer79
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by Neil_SC
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
1,152 Posts
Has anyone found metal servo arms that fit the stock FMS servos? I know that there are two sizes. I'm not sure if the spline is shared with one of the other major brand servos or not. They don't appear to have the same spline as Hitec.
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79 View Post
is that 90, 95, or 100 degrees
90 degree
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by jwellsy
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_SC View Post
Has anyone found metal servo arms that fit the stock FMS servos? I know that there are two sizes. I'm not sure if the spline is shared with one of the other major brand servos or not. They don't appear to have the same spline as Hitec.
Another option is to use carbon fiber servo arm extensions that fasten to the OEM arms. You can either cut your own or buy a pre-made set. I have used this set with great results
http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=84
I'm sure there's others out there, HK may be worth searching for something similar.
jwellsy is online now Find More Posts by jwellsy
Old Apr 17, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Another option is to use carbon fiber servo arm extensions that fasten to the OEM arms. You can either cut your own or buy a pre-made set. I have used this set with great results
http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=84
I'm sure there's others out there, HK may be worth searching for something similar.
I have looked at most major manufacturers, even looked at Weak Signals and found nothing that would work. I have asked our factory to look into and see if there is a Chinese manufacturer that could supply .
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2015, 01:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
I have looked at most major manufacturers, even looked at Weak Signals and found nothing that would work. I have asked our factory to look into and see if there is a Chinese manufacturer that could supply .
The ones in the link work for me just fine. I wouldn't use them in a 100cc Beast. I've never seen a foam plane strip out the servo arm teeth in decent sized metal gear servo. I think I saw it once on a little bitty plastic gear servo when the control surface got bumped.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 04:40 PM
Joined May 2004
1,152 Posts
I'm not interested in the metal arms to get a longer throw so the carbon fiber arms don't meet the requirements. I would just feel that it's more secure if the arm was metal and is less likely to break or for the teeth on the arm to strip. I hear people say it's just foam, it will be ok. But this is a 12-13 lb airplane regardless of what it's made off.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Do you have metal gear servo's? If they are not metal gear servo's, then metal servo arms have little advantage.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by missle
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Big power setup! Yeeeeppppppyyyyy

So I've finally got back to getting my baby all setup with the big power. Here's the 2nd vid of her today. What ever you do, zone out the two idiots talking in the vid, and just blast the sound come from that prop

FMS Corsair 1700mm on STERIODS! (4 min 50 sec)
missle is online now Find More Posts by missle
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by YLFlyer
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Mar 2013
572 Posts
Nice flight. I understand your logic on flying clean without flaps initially but she slows down so nice and smooth with flaps. It should helps your landings grease in better. Not sure if it's just your flight gitters or your elevator setting but you may want to throw some expo in or reduce the throws to reduce the porpoising. She looks and sounds great!
YLFlyer is online now Find More Posts by YLFlyer
Old Today, 03:01 AM
Joined May 2004
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Do you have metal gear servo's? If they are not metal gear servo's, then metal servo arms have little advantage.

The stock FMS servos that come with the Corsair are metal gear servos.
Old Today, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by missle
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YLFlyer View Post
Nice flight. I understand your logic on flying clean without flaps initially but she slows down so nice and smooth with flaps. It should helps your landings grease in better. Not sure if it's just your flight gitters or your elevator setting but you may want to throw some expo in or reduce the throws to reduce the porpoising. She looks and sounds great!
Thanks YL. Yea I've got prop 20-30 flights on her and I loved using full flaps, but that was before the massive power upgrade and I still need to get the CG back a little more. Just before that flight I had just put 1 oz of lead in the tail which made it a little better, but still not right and obviously with the gear down it's even more pronounced. I think I'm going to make some motor lead extensions and move the Talon 100 further back into the center bay area. I refuse to use dead weight to balance the CG when I can move other components around and I'm only talking 6-8" motor leads using castle 10g motor wire.
missle is online now Find More Posts by missle
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by YLFlyer
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Mar 2013
572 Posts
I see. I forgot your ESC and there for CG was changed. That explains the flight changes. Looks great though. I can't tell from watching. How much speed do you think you gained? I can only guess it may be 10 mph from watching the video.
YLFlyer is online now Find More Posts by YLFlyer