HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2013
8 Posts
Idea
One Way Retracts, hand launch land on gear.

I would like to make some one way (for lack of a better term) retracts. I want to be able to hand launch and deploy the landing gear from the radio before coming down to land. Maybe with use of rubber bands or spring loaded with a small servo to trigger them. Has anyone done something like this or have any idea on it?
Gerald Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Gerald Sharp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:40 PM
Marty Petri Sr.
Thailand, Uttaradit, Bo Thong
Joined Jun 2007
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Sharp View Post
I would like to make some one way (for lack of a better term) retracts. I want to be able to hand launch and deploy the landing gear from the radio before coming down to land. Maybe with use of rubber bands or spring loaded with a small servo to trigger them. Has anyone done something like this or have any idea on it?
It could be done, but there are some serious mechanics involved. Probably easier and cheaper just to use standard retracts.

What size and weight model are you talking about?

Marty
mbpetri is offline Find More Posts by mbpetri
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2013
8 Posts
T-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpetri View Post
It could be done, but there are some serious mechanics involved. Probably easier and cheaper just to use standard retracts.

What size and weight model are you talking about?

Marty
I want to put them on a Fancy Foam Cessna T-50 Bobcat. it;s a 30in wing span and in standard configuration should com in at about 7oz.
Gerald Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Gerald Sharp
Old Feb 17, 2014, 07:52 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,780 Posts
Hardwood blocks with brass bushings and carriers, two springs a couple of servoes. weigh more than the plane, just buy a set of micro retracts and be done with it.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:58 PM
Marty Petri Sr.
Thailand, Uttaradit, Bo Thong
Joined Jun 2007
608 Posts
Check if the GWS retracts will support that weight, cheap and simple.
Marty
mbpetri is offline Find More Posts by mbpetri