Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Question
"Unapproved contest"

After waiting two weeks to receive an answer to my appeal here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post23738950

....Jim told me nothing different than I already knew, then closed the thread so I had no way to respond.

The rule states that "non-vendors may run contests only if the item has no real value." The item I was giving away in the free section had absolutely no value. First of all, the motor costs $15 to begin with.....secondly, it was mislabeled so we could not sell it. It was either give it away or throw it away. I feel my post was entirely within your stated rules. If my post violated them, then I suggest you re-word the "unapproved contest" rule.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Garret,

If you would like to run a contest in the future, please contact an admin first.

Thanks
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:06 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awagar View Post
Garret,

If you would like to run a contest in the future, please contact an admin first.

Thanks
You keep calling this a "contest" and it wasn't according to your rules and according to common logic...the item had no value. The definition of a contest is that people are "competing" to win a prize of value. That wasn't the case! I was giving away an item that had no value to me....it was a "giveaway" of a "free item" with "no value" which was properly located in the "free items" forum.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
The item had value, and it promoted your site.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:11 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
I strongly disagree, but whatever. If I didn't give the item away, it was going in the trash. I don't see how you could even possibly believe that the item had value when it was going to be thrown away if not given away.

When are the points that were wrongfully stacked against me going to expire so that my avatar returns? It has been almost two weeks.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
It looks like all of your active points expire March 26.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:30 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
You have got to be KIDDING! It takes over 2 months for them to expire? Three of those points were completely uncalled for as you gave me no time to edit my post, then started stacking charges when I was trying to do so. Since when do "flatulence" points take 2 months to expire?!!

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Garret,

You did have a chance to edit the post and you edited it by not changing anything. You were then warned again in response to your empty edit. At that time, you had your ability to edit your posts removed.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:55 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awagar View Post
Garret,

You did have a chance to edit the post and you edited it by not changing anything. You were then warned again in response to your empty edit. At that time, you had your ability to edit your posts removed.
No, you gave me no time to do so and closed my thread. The warning PM said I could edit my post. I went to do so and you had closed it. I re-opened it so that I could edit it and keep it open (as the warning PM said I could). While trying to edit the post, you closed the thread again so that when I clicked the submit button (after editing), it said "this thread is closed" and timed out....you barely gave me 2 minutes! The page didn't even load in my browser before you closed it again and sent me another point. I tried re-opening it again so I could edit it, and you hit me with another point! YOU NEEDED TO GIVE ME A COUPLE MINUTES TO EDIT IT and you DIDN'T. Instead, you started stacking charges and closing my thread for no reason. All the additional points you stacked on my account were completely uncalled for.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:10 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
The moderators only acted on your empty edit when they received the automatically generated notification that the post had been edited. In the future, rather than empty edit with the idea that you'll edit more later, just edit appropriately the first time.

Your thread has been reopened and you may now edit the posts in question. I will close the thread as soon as the edits are made.
Last edited by awagar; Jan 08, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:23 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Or, how about this as a suggestion: give me more than 30 seconds to make the edit. Just because I didn't edit the post within a minute doesn't mean it isn't going to get fixed. There was absolutely NO REASON that you needed to start stacking points one after the other just because the post was not edited within 60 seconds. You could have given me 5 or 10 minutes and this entire issue would not have exploded like it did. The extra points you gave me were completely uncalled for and this entire situation was brought on by your doings, not mine. I understand you are new admin here and are on a power trip, but you need to give people more time to do what you are asking them to do. I've been a member on this site for 6 years, have nearly 2000 posts, and have close to 200 positive trader ratings...and, I've hardly -- if ever -- gotten a point for a rules violation. Yet, you treated me like a spammer who you are trying to ban -- every time my page refreshed, I was being hit with a new point for no reason.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Garret H; Jan 08, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Please edit the posts while the thread is open. I will need to close it again soon.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:45 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Edited.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:00 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Thank you for removing the points against my account.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread