SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
We have about 14 inches. It came down at 4 inches an hour at one point. Carnage everywhere. The most snow in one day in 100 years. We aren't equipped for that kind of maddness.
That is madness LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I guess the cool new RC site is 3 d r c f o r u m s . c o m
I'm a member now

The site is Slow.... I don't thi it is........... but wait.......... ITS NOT THE BROWN ACI!!!!!!!!!!! wait,,,,,,,,,,, did I just yell Or is the site capitaliz.......... Who is this purple bacon is awesome I like brown paneling
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
That is madness LOL

I'm a member now

The site is Slow.... I don't thi it is........... but wait.......... ITS NOT THE BROWN ACI!!!!!!!!!!! wait,,,,,,,,,,, did I just yell Or is the site capitaliz.......... Who is this purple bacon is awesome I like brown paneling
wow...that is confusing, even for me...you gonna write some music around those lyrics? could be a song from the 60's

I'm a member now
===> user approved
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:59 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Don't know if anyone is looking, but I found this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=899501

(NIB T___T 40) for $150
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:10 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,848 Posts
That version only cost $99! That's a better return that playing the market!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:11 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,848 Posts
Waldo, I like your silly orange and black plane! I bet you'll have a blast with it too!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:13 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,552 Posts
After lurking around for some time now, my interest finally got the best of me. I just received my new Hangar 9 Tribute 36 and Tower Trainer. After 4 years of absolutely NO flying, Im intimidated once again on the maidens. So, I have a question for you guys. I recently uploaded a Tribute to the swap pages at the Knife edge forums. Now, with no experience with a 3D bird, I just took a guess at the physics. Have any of you had any experience with this model, and if you have RF 6.5, does THIS fly anything like the real thing? Any input is welcomed even if you cant fly this model in the sim. After ordering it, Ive read several places that it actually tends to be weak along the fuselage between the wing and stabilizers. Id really like to get some concrete feedback before I start trying to throw this thing around in the air.
abaser is offline Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:12 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Welcome abaser
I looked up on the AMA web site and they have a club at pine bluff. Maybe one of those boys could help you with the maiden on your plane.
If I was closer I'd help you
I don't know much about the sim thing but maybe some of the other boys can chimne in
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,552 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, and club info. There are a couple guys local that fly that I an going to get in touch with also. Most fly only trainer and war bird types though. I flew my last model (a sig hog bipe) about 4 years ago, and loved it. A bad radio battery took that one to an early grave unfortunately. Ironically, that model flew better than any of my trainers that I had.
abaser is offline Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:42 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Thanks for the welcome, and club info. There are a couple guys local that fly that I an going to get in touch with also. Most fly only trainer and war bird types though. I flew my last model (a sig hog bipe) about 4 years ago, and loved it. A bad radio battery took that one to an early grave unfortunately. Ironically, that model flew better than any of my trainers that I had.
The low rates on the tribute should make it pretty docile. This is the case for most planes. The idea is that for take off and landing, you want a stable and predictable plane. You can dial in some expo also to make it softer in the middle (wait, that is my trouble, I am not fat, I just have expo).

Anyway, if they guys you know are successful with trainers and warbirds, they should be OK to maiden the Tribute. They will probably let you know if they are not confident to maiden the plane. Double check the throws and balance of the plane before the maiden. The balance is longitudinal (CG) and lateral. If you have the throws set correctly and the plane balanced per the manual, it should maiden OK. Remember the CG is measured with the tank empty for glow or with the battery installed for electric.

I can't say specifically for the Tribute. If you think you can handle the plane, you may want to ask one of those guys to buddy box with you. You get the experience of the maiden/trim flight and the security of a backup pilot.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:53 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,987 Posts
They should stay out of worring about us modelers

February 22, 2013
Sequestration Impact Outlined
By Russ Niles, Editor-in-Chief

The FAA may close more than 100 air traffic control towers and eliminate the graveyard shift in another 60 if sequestration goes ahead on March 1. It is also considering cutting maintenance and upkeep of air traffic control equipment and cut staff in certification and inspection roles and furlough most employees for one or two days per pay period, Secretary of Transportation Ray Lahood said in a letter to 47,000 FAA employees Friday. The effect will be decreased capacity and major disruptions to flight schedules, certification programs and a myriad other things that require FAA sign-off. "We are aware that these service reductions will adversely affect commercial, corporate and general aviation operators," LaHood said. Some analysts have dismissed the proposals as political scare tactics in advance of a week of political wrangling over sequestration.
Perhaps the most significant proposal is the threat to close 100 (of about 500) air traffic control towers. Any airport with fewer than 150,000 operations a year or 10,000 "commercial" operations would be closed. The criteria for elimination of the graveyard shift was not spelled out nor was the precise meaning of the term "commercial." Lahood says safety will be the top priority in implementation of cuts and the tradeoff will be widespread delays and inconvenience. For instance, it's expected the cuts will result in flight delays of about 90 minutes at major airports and Lahood said airlines will likely cut flights to adjust to the reduced service levels. Cuts would be finalized in March and implemented in April. They would be in effect until the end of the FAA's fiscal year on Sept. 30
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy