|Aug 05, 2011, 02:55 AM|
Jpower 50mm.......Should I upgrade?
Hello Don, I recently picked up a stock 50mm JPower F-35, and am already flying a P3 EF-16 w/ Hyperflow fan, (balanced by you), w/ Wicked 4800 on 3S. I figure I have 3 choices for power between the two:
1. Use stock fan in F-35 w/ say a Wicked 4800; send fan in for balancing.
2. Use the Hyperflow fan w/ 4800 , already balanced fan & installed in EF-16; switch that one over to the F-35, and use another Hyperflow fan that I have, put a 5400 on it & install into the EF-16 on 3S; send fan in for balancing of course.
3. Order your Wemotec combo w/5400 for the F-35, (or maybe for the EF-16?), include balancing w/ order, (no brainer; can't imagine not having you balance my fans).
Can't make up my mind, perhaps you can help me decide. I prefer using 3S, (usually PolyRC 3S 25C 2200mah: TP cells), and I'm more interested in stable flight w/ adequate power rather than blistering speed; example: I'm quite pleased with the EF-16 w/Hyperflow/4800 on 3S, (22 oz AUW). It's very stable, predictable and quick, but not too quick, (old eyes and thumbs); hasn't been dopplered, but probably it's doing around 70-80 mph range as is; 90+ would be acceptable for me with the EF-16 as long as stability is maintained, (I have a thrust tube on that one).
I am also flying a Hobby Lobby F9F Panther stock W/ 64mm fan & stock 4300kv motor; adequate power, but could use a little more oomph; what would you suggest for that one? I also prefer using 3S lipos in that one. Thanks for your time,
|Aug 05, 2011, 08:31 PM|
1) The wicked motors do not fit the stock fan or rotor.
2) That is possible. Some foam will need to be removed to make that 55mm fan fit the F35 since it was set up for a 50mm fan.
3) That combo would be better for the F35 and the EF16 is larger and a smaller fan in the EF-16 is not a good idea, you want to stay at 55 or bigger in the EF-16
3S2200s I think are pretty big for the 50mm F35. If you get the Wicked Wemo Combo 5400KV then a 3S 1300 30C will be fine and it will stay light. For the 64mm HL Panther you want the Wicked 4800 and a 40 amp ESC. That will be good for your 3S 2200 lipos. It is the same setup I had in my Hobby Lobby F86.
|Aug 05, 2011, 08:46 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold Build and flown JPower 50mm L-39 add Rx and Fly....(2) Lipos included||tdab||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||5||Jul 21, 2011 09:25 AM|
|For Sale 50mm Jpower parts||RC_Bob||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||9||Jul 05, 2011 03:29 PM|
|Sold Jpower/Skyangel 50mm EDF Motor/ESC (No fan)||Viper82||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||2||Jul 02, 2011 08:54 AM|
|Sold JPower/SkyAngel 50mm fan unit w/Motor $15.00||Mikemynameis||Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W)||0||Jun 27, 2011 03:57 PM|
|Sold Jpower 50mm EDF power upgrade.||The Don||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||10||Nov 21, 2010 02:33 PM|