HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Discussion
I wont be buying from peck polymers anymore

I have spent hundreds of dollars with a2z aka peck polymers over the last 3 plus years. Today I was told my credit card was short $2.46 on an order. I asked for a discount to cover it as I have little to no extra income for anything but the basics... they said no and choose to remove an item from my order instead. I will not spend another dime on any of their products in the future.
skootertrash is offline Find More Posts by skootertrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2002
488 Posts
Note sure they did something wrong here buddy. I think it is a great company and I wouldn't mind forwarding the 2.46, but should you be mad at them?
Paul5910 is offline Find More Posts by Paul5910
Old Dec 19, 2013, 06:17 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
1,654 Posts
Todays mentality hard at work, I guess you just deserve it!!!
ace4rc is online now Find More Posts by ace4rc
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
145 Posts
Hmmm. Someone who no longer has any money has decided not to shop at a store?

Is the store supposed to get upset about this?

It is amazing that the scootertrash (great user name, btw) had the audacity to make create this thread.

Profit margins in the hobby business are razor thin.
Gooroo is offline Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:31 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Nov 2008
207 Posts
Ace4rd.... next time you ever ask for any type of discount, remember this post you feeble-minded plebe. As for you, gooroo, I do have the audacity. It is dips#!ts like the both of you that are the worst kind of consumer. I bet you both shop at Wal-Mart regularly. You missed the point completely and your mentality is the reason small business is dying. Paul5910, I thank you for your offer, very kind of you. I had my credit card fraudulently charged by another "hobby" company, and finally had it reimbursed. I have been a business owner and a sales consultant for years. I have never lost a repeat customer that spends considerable money over $2.46. Hell, they offer promo codes and I asked if there was one available, and was told no. It is a principal issue more than anything else. I see that A2Z is now trying to sell off the modeling portion of the business, and customer service is part of their problem (self admitted from what I read)... I have talked toseveral fellow modelers that have had issues with them as well, and none of these other fellows had the audacity to make statements like you two a$$ hats because they are intelligent enough to think about all sides of an issue and understand the value of a loyal and repeat customer.
skootertrash74 is offline Find More Posts by skootertrash74
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
After 14 years in sales I can tell everyone the one way you can insure you never get a sales person to help you is to be a turd.

Flip side of the coin,,... Treat sales people with respect, and take an interest in what they need to accomplish and chances are you won't need to ask for help because it will happen automatic.

Short version, "If I enjoy you as a customer than I am gonna bend over backwards to keep your/our transactions repetitious and running smooth".

Stroke and be Stroked.
olblueyez is offline Find More Posts by olblueyez
Old Mar 15, 2014, 05:41 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootertrash74 View Post
Ace4rd.... next time you ever ask for any type of discount, remember this post you feeble-minded plebe. As for you, gooroo, I do have the audacity. It is dips#!ts like the both of you that are the worst kind of consumer. I bet you both shop at Wal-Mart regularly. You missed the point completely and your mentality is the reason small business is dying. Paul5910, I thank you for your offer, very kind of you. I had my credit card fraudulently charged by another "hobby" company, and finally had it reimbursed. I have been a business owner and a sales consultant for years. I have never lost a repeat customer that spends considerable money over $2.46. Hell, they offer promo codes and I asked if there was one available, and was told no. It is a principal issue more than anything else. I see that A2Z is now trying to sell off the modeling portion of the business, and customer service is part of their problem (self admitted from what I read)... I have talked to several fellow modelers that have had issues with them as well, and none of these other fellows had the audacity to make statements like you two a$$ hats because they are intelligent enough to think about all sides of an issue and understand the value of a loyal and repeat customer.
There seems to be a lot of correlation between how people who talk about things with entitlement and namecalling (ie. like you) always seem to be the ones who insist they got screwed when everyone else thinks otherwise.

I just hear you blaming other consumers and small store customer service for death of small businesses when, ironically, you are one who wants to boycott a small business. You may have a point, but the way you deal with disagreement does you no favours.

And why talk about consumer mentality killing small businesses in a discussion about a small business with allegedly terrible customer service? Such businesses should die regardless of whether or not small businesses as a whole are in trouble. Accusing someone of being the worst kind of consumer that is killing small business is immaterial to this discussion and might as well just be another namecall.
DKNguyen is offline Find More Posts by DKNguyen
Last edited by DKNguyen; Mar 15, 2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:31 PM
Cheif Bottlewasher
Canada, NS, Sydney Mines
Joined Sep 2005
3,159 Posts
Not sure MHO will make any difference.

But today the bean counter accountants call the shots , and pretty much run the business so the proprietor can move the business forward . Its what they do and they can be pretty heartless.
A better choice would have been to contact the proprietor directly . Often this is impossible as they are running the business, but its your only shot.

On the other side of the coin , having next to no extra income and running on credit is a big mistake , and I speak from past experience.
And as of late with all the banks , it didn't work out well for them either.

What has happened is your own undoing , and its more than likely your not the only one in this situation , The company has to protect its bottom line so they can be there in the future. If they have to hand out discounts for $2.46 ,then its $3 then $5.. it adds up fast on the big picture.
more coffee is offline Find More Posts by more coffee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hi!