Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: After trying both, how does this year's product compare to last year's?
Much Better 0 0%
Better 0 0%
About the Same 2 100.00%
Worse 0 0%
Much Worse 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Discussion
Official Call for Reviews

Good morning pilots.

Following a thread that we saw on your forum last year:
Click Here to see thread from 2012 product

We would like to ask you (all of you) to participate in a review program for our new 2013 product line. We want to know how it appeals to you as true enthusiasts, and we love seeing videos of our planes when users submit them.

This is not an intent to spam- we really want your feedback, because we know that we can bring a better product to market if we get in touch with the people that know RC planes better than anyone else. Some of the changes we made to the product for this year came as a result of your comments and feedback from last year, and we appreciate that.

You'll find that the product is much smaller, more durable, and just as exciting to fly. It's RTP format, 2-chan, 2.4, servo. We will be posting videos throughout the month, and we will also be commenting, posting, and sharing any and all community videos and reviews on our social media properties as well, so if you have a youtube channel that you want people to see, post a video of our planes!

You can find more info and contact information for us on our website.

Thank you all very much for your continued support- we look forward to hearing from you about our progress, and where we can go from here.
FlyLineRC is offline Find More Posts by FlyLineRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
On the couple of occasions where I took mine outdoors it was fun and challenging, I found myself having to really work the elevator, it would climb to a stall heading into the wind and dive coming out.

The worst part of takin it out was how long it took to attach the wing, insert one landing gear, insert the other landing gear, screw the poles together, screw them into the base.......

I'd the box were a little deeper an slightly larger the assembled plane could fit in there.

I've yet to see a successful loop the loop that was advertised, I tries several times in the sports hall at college but it was still a no go, busted the nose straight off sideways, it may fly again after I glue it but for now it's just boxed in the attic.

So you say it's tougher, what's been done?
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:23 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
Oh spare parts support, I bought it in ModelZone which now gone with the wind.

Where would I get parts now? Im sure a lot of micro builders and people in the cheap heli bricks in planes thread would like to see the fuselages available as spares from them to build as 3ch untethered planes.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Mr Davies,

If you're in the UK, you will be getting the new system there relatively soon, but it is not yet available unless you order from Amazon or Toysrus.com, and I am not certain if they ship internationally on that product.

The durability concerns have been addressed by shortening the fuselage, providing for less stress points and hollow areas. We have also gone to EPP foam instead of EPS, which helps tremendously. Loops are unnecessarily difficult with the old system, which is something we also addressed with the new models.

Finally, price point is ~$35 US this year, as opposed to $90 last year.

Regarding parts, if it's something small, I might be able to get it to you via traditional post, but we've had bad luck shipping larger components to the UK in the past.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:51 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
I got the Flyline RC kit for my 12 year old last Christmas. He does fly RC planes with RET only. I wanted to get him interested in these planes cause of course I wanted to modify them when he crashed them to pieces. But to my surprise he enjoyed the heck out of these. Yeah he literally flew the wings off them but they were easily repairable so we patched them up a gazillion times. The product may seem limited to some but to him it was a blast. He actually did get them to loop with some added tape to the wings to add wing area. They just fit on our trampoline so the landings were quite soft. It is a great product. The only negative was the price. I will be buying him the smaller version this year and I know he will get a blast out of it. I never did get ahold of those planes to modify as he flew them till they would fly no more.

P.S. To Flyline RC "Thanks for a great product. I got a lot of pleasure out of seeing my son fly these.
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Last edited by MUTCAKE; Oct 19, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 01:02 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
Observations: 1. Speed and power of the planes was great.
2. Choice of 3 props was fantastic. (you don't even get a spare prop with most planes)
3. Design and color scheme of planes was good!
4. Perhaps you can't lighten the plane but they were able to do stunts with an increase in wing area.

To anyone thinking about purchasing these new ones do your self a favor and get one. You can't go wrong. There looks like a lot of different ones to choose from but I have only seen a few in the store. I would highly recommend these. You can find the larger ones at some Markdown/off brand stores like TJ maxx / Tuesday Morning etc. These have the larger 8.4mm coreless motors (Nine Eagles) and with the assortment of props give great thrust for future builds. I will be getting one for my self this time!

I will participate by purchasing the new smaller planes! Since it gives me a chance to pick one up before the Holidays. Will let you know how it goes once I buy them.
Keith
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Last edited by MUTCAKE; Oct 19, 2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
@Mutcake

Thank you Keith for the kind words. We want to hear from you about your experience with the Room Raiders. If you have a chance to post a video, we want to see it.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,547 Posts
How do I tell the new ones from the old ones? (The reviews of the old ones on Amazon are *brutal,* clearly not from peole that have a clue about model airplanes, but that's the toy market for you, I guess..)

Also, forgive me for asking in your thread, but how do you distinguish yourselves as better than the Air Hogs round-the-pole product?

Thanks!
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Last edited by rdeis; Nov 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 06:44 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
Hello, the old type planes are a little larger, they have a blue base and a longer box which has a cut away section showing the remote.

The new planes are slightly smaller, have a smaller box and smaller black base, also I think the pole is not as tall, in the advertising video we actually see one do a loop, not something I've ever seen or been able to do with my first one.

If I can find the new version for a price that is affordable to me I'll pick one up.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:01 AM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,297 Posts
Where can I buy additional props? I am down to my last prop and once it is broken this plane will be useless!! I am having a lot of fun with my eight year old boy. My 14 year old daughter loves flying this plane too. I am thinking about getting a second one to do some combat.

Thanks,

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:16 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
Can you post a photo of the part the prop clips into with ruler on it to show the size?

The prop saver is the same design as my NineEagles planes, just a little smaller, in theory they are the same as the micro NineEagles planes.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mansell Models
Joined May 2004
1,297 Posts
Yes, here are the propeller pictures. Where are you getting the 9 eagles props?
Old Dec 02, 2013, 02:56 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
Ok cool to prop diameter but it the part in the back that clicks into the motor I was asking about.

I get spare props for my NineEagle Cessna (SkyEagle) from hobbyking, when I compared my FlyLine spitfire to the NineEagles Cessna they look the same but the FlyLine is smaller, once I find a compatible part I'll let you know.

Hopefully the FlyLine guy will be back soon, I'm down to my last prop to, but seen as I ain't had time to repair the fuselage after a failed loop the loop I'm not in a hurry.
Old Dec 02, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mansell Models
Joined May 2004
1,297 Posts
I will order some 9 eagle props from Hobby King. Thanks for letting me know. I also sent an email to the manufacturer, I will let you know what he posted.

Thanks,

Tom
Old Dec 02, 2013, 07:09 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,632 Posts
The Cessna props connector is too big, NineEagle do a smaller planes, they MIGHT be the rite size, I'll need to check out a source so don't order them Cessna props.