Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 10, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,714 Posts
New Product
1962 egg harbor 36' express

Just updating to our customers on the status of M.A.C.K. Products at the present time along with another of the new kit designs we will be introducing once we return to production in our factory. We had stopped on our rebuild of the factory due to the inconsistencies and loss paper work for the SBA loan, and went to the private sector for a the funds needed to proceed to finish the rebuild. We start next week on the restart of the rebuild and will continue until finished, we hope in late September - October. Once back in the factory we will be restocking all of our already released model kits, hardware and power packages.

Also I am posting another kit which is hot off the drawing board for a new release in the future and it is something a little different than the hard chine models we have been producing.

It is a 1/12th scale model of the 1962 EGG HARBOR 36’ EXPRESS. The model is a round bottom semi-displacement, twin screw hull of plank on frame construction. This model, along with the newly released 1955 OWNES 35’ BRIDGE SEDAN cruiser, will be constructed so the builder will have open access to the open floor in the forward cabins. Although we will not be detailing the cabins in the kit, we will provide CAD drawing of the various interior components along with pictures, for the builder to build themselves if they choose.

We will however be detailing the cabins of the models in our build logs for our display models to show what the finished interior would look like if the builder chose to build it.

I am including the two view drawing of the 1962 EGG HARBOR 36’ EXPRESS in PDF format for your viewing pleasure.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Last edited by frankg; May 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2013, 10:19 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg View Post
It is a 1/12th scale model of the 1962 EGG HARBOR 36’ EXPRESS. ......Although we will not be detailing the cabins in the kit, we will provide CAD drawing of the various interior components along with pictures, for the builder to build themselves if they choose.

I am including the two view drawing of the 1962 EGG HARBOR 36’ EXPRESS in PDF format for your viewing pleasure.
That's just terrible, frankg... How is a person supposed to save for retirement, their kid's college education and so on when you keep coming up with stuff like this?

(I'm in! )
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old May 10, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,714 Posts
I am sorry for the dilemma AERO. This is what happens when you have to much time on your hands. My wife says that I am a work-a-hollic, but I canít see idle time go to waste. The truth is that the down time netted me a lot of CAD work time which is always a big part of any new kit. So far we have six new kit designs waiting for their turn in the prototype build lineup.

The real truth is that I will be burning the midnight oil when I finally get back at the factory to restock my inventory along with the kits. There will be no vacations this year.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:50 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg View Post
I am sorry for the dilemma AERO.

Hee hee, yeah, I'll bet! You keep up the excellent work... We'll figure out a way to sneak 'em past the "Admirals"...
Old May 20, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,714 Posts
In reviewing the information about new kit releases that will be coming from Legend Model Boats, I realized that I had not posted pictures of the real prototype boat for the 1962 EGG HARBOR EXPRESS kit. The model kit will mimic the real boat in the bright work as presented on the real boat. At 1/12th scale the model lends itís self to the use of doll house accessories, which will help in the detailing of the model if one so wishes.
Old May 20, 2013, 01:53 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jul 2012
88 Posts
36 Rxpress

Frank

That is awesome. You are really hitting close to home for this boater. My fondest memories of boating go back to this genre of wooden boats! At 9 yo my dads 1st boat was a new 1969 30' Pacemaker express, then he graduated quyickly to the 37' Egg Harbor Sedan a foot bigger allowing for the enclosed salon. Still two of my favorite boats in a long 40 year boating history.

BRAVO!

I literally just put the finishing touches on Miss Severn yesterday. Will post final pics this week and was pondering what to build next winter.

Dilemma solved!

I hope you're in production come Oct - Nov.

Regards,

Paul
Tito59 is offline Find More Posts by Tito59
Old May 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined May 2007
1,538 Posts
I love that boat..

I always wanted one...a full sized one that is..They are beautiful!

I have always been a fan of the late 50's 38 footer with the fly bridge..Such a nice boat..

Love those classic Eggs..

Brings back fond childhood memories of South Brooklyn...

-Rich.
RICH404 is online now Find More Posts by RICH404
Old May 20, 2013, 02:31 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,840 Posts
I hope this one is not at the very bottom of the product roll out list, Rich.
Old May 20, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,714 Posts
AERO- The EGG HARBOR will defiantly be one of the latter releases of the new kits in that there is a lot more special deck hardware that has to have molds made for before the kit goes in production.

With us OOC from the factory for so long, we have to replace all of are already released kits back into inventory first. I think we will be releasing the two outboard kits and possibly the HIGGINS MAGNUM speed boat before moving to one of the cruisers or Gar Wood Baby Gars.