HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,595 Posts
Discussion
Please don't fail me BH

I made my first airplane order from BH. I had been pretty loyal to NP, but they lost the FMS planes so now I had to go to BH or over seas......well I am giving you one shot at this BH, with all the neg. reviews and wrightups you guys get I am going to give you one and only one chance to get this right. I am not going to hold you responsible for a bad servo or some crap like that....but I had better get what I ordered....and if it shows up damaged I expect prompt help with getting it taken care of.

The plane was ordered yesterday.....I will let you all know how things go.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Why not just buy a brand new car and threaten the dealer with making sure there are no recalls for the thing...
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi cherokee, let me know how the order goes or if there is anything that I may assist you with

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
I made my first airplane order from BH. I had been pretty loyal to NP, but they lost the FMS planes so now I had to go to BH or over seas......well I am giving you one shot at this BH, with all the neg. reviews and wrightups you guys get I am going to give you one and only one chance to get this right. I am not going to hold you responsible for a bad servo or some crap like that....but I had better get what I ordered....and if it shows up damaged I expect prompt help with getting it taken care of.

The plane was ordered yesterday.....I will let you all know how things go.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, AL, Fairhope
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
Why not just buy a brand new car and threaten the dealer with making sure there are no recalls for the thing...
I don't care who you are, That's Funny!!

Ive purchased two planes from BH and both had minor issues. But BH has made good on the first and the second issue was responded to within hours of receiving the plane. I've had no complaints with Customer Service. Give them a chance to rectify the issue if one presents itself.
hunter_michael is offline Find More Posts by hunter_michael
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
Ever see the movie Vacation....where the guy buys the station wagon.....no did not think so....too bad some people don't have brains to research and read ALL about how a company had done business in the past...and take those reviews into account when buying something from that company.

For the record I started this thread to give a real non fan-boy account of MY transaction with BH....and I will report that without any sugar...just pure facts on how things went.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi cherokee, let me know how the order goes or if there is anything that I may assist you with
I will say the order went about a perfect as it could go.

I bought a F4 phantom, on the evening of 6-8-12 and ups had it at my doorstep in Missouri by 2pm on 6-14-12. I used paypal to pay for the plane, and using paypal, putting in my shipping info was very clear and easy to do. I got the order confirmation and printed it out....one problem on my printer the order confirmation page on my printer did chop off the left most part of the page...I could not see the price or anything to the left of that.

Like I said the plane arrived today and was waiting for me after I got home from work....it was double boxed and looked to be in very good shape....I opened the box and it was EXACTLY what I ordered...camo F4. Opening the box it is very well packed....bla bla bla...all the standard FMS packing.

I can say that MY experence with BH was about as good as it can get....fast shipping, and the right item.

I will confess that I read many of the stories on BH and had worries buying from them...that is why I decided to start with a inexpensive plane....I can say I will buy from them again and will not worry about shipping time or the correct item getting to me.

I would give them a grade of A+....I don't think they as a distributer could have done anything more.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:34 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,996 Posts
Hum....

That is good that one "new" customer is "Happy"

However, I am never going to order from a company that has had consistent history issues with customer service from past customers.

I will continue to order from other sources, thank you for your time in opening this thread and providing new accounts but.....
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,595 Posts
It is all cool...just my experence.