Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
I would really appreciate the Towner Tiger Moth build article if possible Algy.

Regards

BrianG
Seconded! Would give a great insight into the methods used by Towner...

(I also second Brian's other comments!)
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
This time it’s the MAY 1996 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring a proud DON MUNN displaying his 82” wingspan rubber powered HUGHES H-1 RACER.

There were two CO2 plans to be found with the first being BUMBLE BEE by MARK BEE.

BUMBLE BEE is an all sheet simple sports model and Mark claims it can be built in an evening.

Next was a very nice scale CO2 plan for the NIEUPORT 1921 RACER.

This is the work of RICHARD HALFPENNY. The original aircraft was the first to exceed 200mph in level flight. The radiators screamed and the pilots leather helmet tore apart in the open cockpit. Heady stuff in 1921.

This NIEUPORT is rarely modelled and would build into a very attractive model.

Finally there were a couple of requests for the HAROLD TOWNER build article for his super scale TIGER MOTH from my previous post of the MARCH 1972 issue. Here it is.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:10 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Many thanks for the Towner build article Algy.

Regards

BrianG
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Returning to the 1970s and the April 71 edition of AEROMODELLER.

The cover shows D.WYATTS conversion of a GUILLOW FW. 190 kit to electric round the pole flying.

Three free full size plans to be found in this issue the first being CHEECHACK.

CHEECHACK is a triple purpose sports model for JETEX, RUBBER or POWER. The work of T. DODDS who was serving with the R.A.F. in Singapore at the time. He named it after a local Lizard.

It would build into an attractive and slightly unusual model.

Next were LITTLE WILLIE and PUCK both indoor endurance models.

LITTLE WILLIE by STEWART HOWARD is an EASY “B”. STEWART said both models were designed for beginners to indoor and he was pleasantly surprised at their performance.

The construction article for LITTLE WILLIE covers the very important construction of the propeller and the use of building jigs and templates is highlighted.

PUCK is a half-size microfilm covered miniature and designer B.EDWARDS said it is capable of producing a high performance.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and G.R.DUVAL takes a very close look at RUSSIA’S LAVOCHKIN LA-5 & LA-7 .

Cheers

Algy
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Canada, ON, Denfield
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Towner Tiger Moth

Hey folks.
I don't know where I got these from but if someone can stitch them together and purdy them up.
I hope this is the right plan mentioned in previous posts.
It looks like a great plan and one that is now on my short list.
Mind you my short list is at about 100+ and counting.

Andy
poppawang is offline Find More Posts by poppawang
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:33 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Towner Tiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppawang View Post
Hey folks.
I don't know where I got these from but if someone can stitch them together and purdy them up.
I hope this is the right plan mentioned in previous posts.
It looks like a great plan and one that is now on my short list.
Mind you my short list is at about 100+ and counting.

Andy
Andy,

The Aeromodeller example was 50 inch span, yours is about 26". That doesn't detract from how pretty yours is though and here is the stiched together drawing.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Hey folks. I don't know where I got these from.......
I'd posted them on the Vintage thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1450

Quote:
...but if someone can stitch them together and purdy them up....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1452

.....but what I would really like is a copy of the larger version - someone out there must have a copy!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time it is the January 1975 issue of AEROMODELLER and on the cover was DENIS BINNIE with his free flight Bleriot X1 powered by a Rivers 3.5ccc diesel .

Just one free flight plan to be found in this issue but it is a classic being ERIC COATES scale power DE HAVILLAND D.H. 9A.

This model took part in the 1973 Scale contest season when it was entered in five contests and promptly won all five.

The full size machine first appeared in 1918 and proved to be the best single-engined bomber of the First World War.

The plan, reproduced to 1/8th scale was printed over two pages but I have scanned at the highest resolution I could . It should be quite usable.

Next to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED where FELIX PAWLOWICZ casts his eagle eye over the POLISH TS-8 BIES.

Cheers

Algy
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:38 AM
Canada, ON, Denfield
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Oops.

Sorry about the Tiger Moth.
Didn't mean to duplicate your work Colonel B.
And thanks for stitching that together Hogal.
I was all excited as I thought I finally had a contribution.
So I rushed to register and upload.
Oh well I'll keep trying.
I really do appreciate and am amazed by all the work you folks do for us here and on other forums.
Keep em coming and thanks.

Andy
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Andy,

I for one am thankful that you posted the plan, I missed it the first time around. Also, with new people joining all the time, it is difficult to browse all plans and contributions, especially now the vintage section is getting on for 600 pages. The vintage plan index is at:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/index.asp

helps - but only if you know what you are looking for. Also I believe the index is only good for the vintage section and does not include contributions from the free flight and control line sections.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Andy,

I for one am thankful that you posted the plan, I missed it the first time around. Also, with new people joining all the time, it is difficult to browse all plans and contributions, especially now the vintage section is getting on for 600 pages. The vintage plan index is at:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/index.asp

helps - but only if you know what you are looking for. Also I believe the index is only good for the vintage section and does not include contributions from the free flight and control line sections.

Al
The index is indeed only for the vintage thread however the outerzone site itself not only has most (if not all) of the plans from the vintage thread, this thread and some from other sites plus you will now find people are submitting plans direct to outerzone. It has an excellent search facility and typing in the word Tiger will find 18 plans, 9 of which are tiger Moths including the 24"span Towner model. As a bonus clicking on any listing will send you to a reduced picture of the plan and give you the opportunity to either download direct from the outerzone site or from the original posting. Also I saw a post somewhere of someone complaining the downloads direct from outerzone were lo-res reduced size scans, they are the same as the original. I suspect he was saving a copy of the plan illustration.

Typing in the word Towner in the search box will find you 25 plans by Harold Towner stored on the outerzone site
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Oops.

Sorry about the Tiger Moth.
Didn't mean to duplicate your work Colonel B.
Sorry if I sounded accusatory - it wasnt intended in any way!!! Just shows that with so many plans now in the public domain, its easy for duplications.

And I'm sorry if I undermined your first post - don't let an idiot like me pull the rug from under you - you are welcome here and I'm glad you registered. Jump right in and make an idiot of yourself like the rest of us do

And its better a duplication than it not being posted at all!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
The Algy2 F/F Show

Hey Poppawang... Welcome,

Our pal Aero is right on with the info about the "outerzone"... if anybody has not been over there, you really need to check it out.
Also, there have been a couple of times this link has been put into various threads:
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/index.php
If any of you have not visited this site... It is also a good one. You need to register (free) to download though.

Steve's "Outerzone" site is Gi-normous! but his search engine is a mighty impressive one. Especially compared to the old vintage index which is a dinosaur... I know cuz I helped Windependence on it (as did 30560 and others). That Vintage thread grew like a weed... and is still going! unbelievable.

Spring is in the air over here in Sweden (compared to last month that is) so it will soon be time I start killing myself on house renovation duties again... (aah, the life of a moron that bought an old house ).

And since I haven't been on here in ages! I wish you all well in 2012! I hope you all enjoy fine weather and successful flights with no crashes !
Algy, Gluehand, Aero, Colonel, Hogal and all that have made even the smallest of contributions (cuz not everyone is computer savvy or has a zillion plans)...THANK YOU!
Swankee
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
Canada, ON, Denfield
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Thanks everyone.
I appreciate the sentiments.
Colonel B. No worries I never took anything in a negative way.
I just find so much value in everything provided in RCGroups and other forums I always look for an opportunity to give back.
The Outerzone looks awesome and I will certainly be all over that site like a dirty shirt.
I'm already a member of Hippocket. What a great site as well with such fantastic people.
Thanks and I hope to have more to contribute.
Best hobby in the world!

Andy
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,584 Posts
Ok, I am going to show my ignorance, here:
How large will this file print out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Andy,

The Aeromodeller example was 50 inch span, yours is about 26". That doesn't detract from how pretty yours is though and here is the stiched together drawing.

Al
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i