HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Sep 2004
97 Posts
Discussion
2 receiver batteries?

Hello All,

Getting close to maiden the bvm f86. Quite some time and money in it so want no failure on receiver side. I need extra balancing weigth so am thinking of adding an extra receiver battery, using one 2,4GHz receiver. Am using 2 eneloop 2000 maH batteries, makes sence, any of you adding this kind of redundancy?

Also, there is quite some extra carbon in nose and rear section, is it true what this limits the signal? Any ideas on measures to take?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Erwin
reinhoud is offline Find More Posts by reinhoud
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:52 PM
United States, CA, Morgan Hill
Joined Aug 2007
247 Posts
I use 2 receiver batteries in all my larger planes. Comes down to peace of mind for me.
dubd is offline Find More Posts by dubd
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:57 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,934 Posts
I use two packs also. What is your radio system?
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
Joined Sep 2004
97 Posts
Thanks!

I use a futaba FF10 and a R6014HS receiver.

Regards,
Erwin
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:22 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,368 Posts
It's a must. I use either a SmartFly BatShare for medium size models or powersafe Spektrum reciever with dual battery inputs (e.g. Powerbox Royal) for larger models.

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/BatShare/batshare.htm
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:50 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,444 Posts
According to Futaba 1/2" is the minimun distance between carbon fiber and the unshielded part of the antennas, I have not had any problems flying gliders with carbon fuselages when keping to this advice, in those models I just glued in two short pieces of nylon tube to guide the antennas out of the fuselage.
Arngeir Blakseth is online now Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
Joined Sep 2004
97 Posts
THanks All.

I am using a graupner prx-5A power regulator and the antenna has more than .5 inch from any carbon, so all should go well. Hopefully the maden next week.

Regards,
Erwin
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:56 PM
Not Funny......
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
887 Posts
I use dual A123 on all of my large models. No regulator, no switch, so fewer potential failure points. Deans Ultra female on battery and male on line from receiver.
Plug a pack on each end of the receiver.
Any of our systems and servos operate just fine on the nominal voltage of the A123 packs.
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,721 Posts
Dual A123 batteries on all models big enough to fit them! I use dual 1100mAh packs in my Starfire, Rocket, Cermark F-16, Savex L-39, etc. No regulators, no switches. Just plug in the Deans connectors on each pack to the receiver. At the receiver, each battery plugs into opposite ends. This double the current capabiity of the bus, adds battery redundancy in case of wiring failure, and eliminates all possibilities of electronic failures from things like Power Expanders, Power Boxes, etc. because they are not there to fail!
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member