HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:11 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,514 Posts
Looks like a Rare one ......

Starting bid: US $1,500.00 Reserve not met [ 0 bids ]

"Up for your consideration is a VERY rare 1920s ORKINCRAFT scale model boat. This is an original boat professionaly restored some years back this is the first boat and motor combination made in the USA and the first wind up boat motor made in the USA up until then everything was made overseas made by the calwis industries in Beverly Hills California boat is very detailed ( see pics) although it was painted the wrong color ( original owner specified what color he wanted ) very nicely done comes with key I have been told by a number of collectors that when wound up it would run approx. 3 to 3 1/2 minuets I was also warned not to wind up motor unless it was in water otherwise main spring could be damaged these boats are very hard to come by in this condition and this complete boat is all metal they came in three different versions all metal metal with wood bow or wood bow in pieces owner assembled himself also driver is wrong only because there we're two different versions of this boat this version and an IO this driver is for the IO the outboard driver sits almost sideways with one hand on the steering wheel and his other arm back steering the motor
Most of these boats we're damaged beyond repair or sittin on the bottom of the lake"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-orki.../331266424476?
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:36 AM
Hurts so good!
Joined May 2008
176 Posts
^^ Cool. Never seen the boat itself before.
I had one of the Orkincraft wind up outboards before. It was original condition and really pretty nice. It's a big and heavy motor. All cast iron?
I sold it on eBay and it went for 805 bucks!! That was back in 1999
King of Plane is offline Find More Posts by King of Plane