HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:13 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
His new heli just showed up. Pretty much all brand new and the best of my stuff.
OlliW gyromixer and Robbebox.
Microheli frame. New Abec 3 bearings on the inner shaft. I may have used ceramics. Not sure now.
My last Skytec swash, skytec gears. Skytec lower hub, skytec upper adj collar. Helideluxe custom outer shaft.
450 skids w/velcro mod.
2.0 ext shaft mod. (pretty sure these are Lee the Tree's shafts) and a spare
Xtreme boom w 5mm cf boom and trex cf 250 stabs
Boomtown light kit. This needs some work though
6100e rx
Custom SK micro digital metal gear servos on hole 3
10a Turnigy esc's
OlliW gyromixer.
Fusano 250 canopy mod
Xtreme folding grip mod W/55deg blades and whites. Also stock new folding whites and blacks
Ch hobby shortened chrome flybar mod with polished head
Shortened wiring covered and braided

Think that about covers it. And this is one of my prettiest helis ever.
Great. If he understands all that you've sent him and it all works, he can come pay me a visit or I'll go out to see him because this thing is driving me nuts!!!!!!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:29 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Lookie what?
Did you see what I named it?
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:32 AM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Great. If he understands all that you've sent him and it all works, he can come pay me a visit or I'll go out to see him because this thing is driving me nuts!!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing! (paying a visit that is)
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:59 AM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Just started a blog about the "Luv Machine"
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:42 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,824 Posts
The Luv Machine? I love it!!!!
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:39 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,220 Posts
Oh man, just facepalmed myself. Almost spit my latte over the keyboard.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
I flew it.... check my blog
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:19 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,560 Posts
jrjr, great report on your blog!

and it's indeed a beauty which Luv build

Quote:
It did need ... a couple clicks of right rudder
ähm... not sure, maybe Luv can answer, the gyromixer is in rate or heading hold mode? I ask because in heading hold mode you shouldn't have to do that...

From the text of the description, you also got a RobbeBox? If so, once you got used to your heli, you may wish to connect it and check out all the options which the gyromixer provides... many things you could do with your DX7, but theer are also many things which you can't

BTW: I try to keep a list of gyromixer users on my project webpage, may I list you there?
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:22 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
jrjr, great report on your blog!

and it's indeed a beauty which Luv build

ähm... not sure, maybe Luv can answer, the gyromixer is in rate or heading hold mode? I ask because in heading hold mode you shouldn't have to do that...

From the text of the description, you also got a RobbeBox? If so, once you got used to your heli, you may wish to connect it and check out all the options which the gyromixer provides... many things you could do with your DX7, but theer are also many things which you can't

BTW: I try to keep a list of gyromixer users on my project webpage, may I list you there?
Absolutely, list away. On the RobbeBox, I see no power source for it, must be it is powered by the heli when its plugged in, correct?
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:36 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,560 Posts
there should be an unused servo plug at your gyromixer (it should provide in total 5 servo plugs), if Luv used the same color scheme as I do it would be marked with a yellow shrink tube piece, but I can't know of course.

Anyhow, the RobbeBox just goes into this additional plug... BUT BE CAREFULL: connect it correctly, the GND line should be at the top

The RobbeBox will display a message, which usually will be "disconnected". If you power up your system with the RobbeBox plugged in it will connect and you can go through the menu. Also, after power up, you can always establish a connection after the throttle has been totally low for more than 2 seconds (you may have noted that if you land and wait for few seconds the red led will flash, which will go away if you start again, the red led tells that the gyromixer is in what I call the THROTTLE LOW state). That is, fly around, then land and keep throttle low, plug in the RobbeBox and wait until connection is establish, do the changes you want, disconnect the RibbeBox, fly around and so on. BTW: while connected with the RobbeBox, the gyromixer will flash the blue led.

You can find more and hopefully sufficiently detail info also in post #6 and #7 of the gyromixer thread: here
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:10 AM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
there should be an unused servo plug at your gyromixer (it should provide in total 5 servo plugs), if Luv used the same color scheme as I do it would be marked with a yellow shrink tube piece, but I can't know of course.
Yes the lead is color coded yellow. When I get some time I will hook it up and check it out.

Quote:
The RobbeBox will display a message, which usually will be "disconnected". If you power up your system with the RobbeBox plugged in it will connect and you can go through the menu.
Do you mean to turn the transmitter on first and then power up heli as if I were going to fly normally with the RobbeBox connected in order to use the RobbeBox? Is there a difference in this method compared to the one below?

Quote:
Also, after power up, you can always establish a connection after the throttle has been totally low for more than 2 seconds (you may have noted that if you land and wait for few seconds the red led will flash, which will go away if you start again, the red led tells that the gyromixer is in what I call the THROTTLE LOW state). That is, fly around, then land and keep throttle low, plug in the RobbeBox and wait until connection is establish, do the changes you want, disconnect the RibbeBox, fly around and so on. BTW: while connected with the RobbeBox, the gyromixer will flash the blue led.
According to this the previous statement is not necessarily correct. I can just power the heli up normally as if to fly it, leave throttle low, and then connect the RobbeBox when the led is flashing red. Sorry, just making sure I don't let the smoke out
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:36 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
The discussions on the V-Tail, brushless, Coaxmixer and gyromixer are spilling into threads where subscribers do not have brushless versions of their heli's. Might I suggest moving these discussion back to the V-tail or Gyromixer threads? I guess we should keep things separated. I've been guilty also.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,514 Posts
Quote:
The discussions on the V-Tail, brushless, Coaxmixer and gyromixer are spilling into threads where subscribers do not have brushless versions of their heli's. Might I suggest moving these discussion back to the V-tail or Gyromixer threads? I guess we should keep things separated. I've been guilty also.
Absolutely. Good catch

Olli - I am copying my last post into the GA250 Coax Gyromixer thread.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
Regardless of what you call them, and the fact that maybe the only CX-2 parts left unscathed are the servos, Luv did a lot of work on both CX-2's and they're alive and well. There was something about the transmitter settings that got mine off in the weeds, not the brushless mod itself. It's on 2s now and is comparable to a stock CX-2, power wise, but I expect it to be a monster on 3s when I get the gumption to go that way. I will also verify that it will run without a programmable transmitter just fine. You need the stock LP5DSM so you can adjust gyro gain by the knob on top.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:06 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,180 Posts
Hey Guys, quick question (i hope). I was flying my V4 with the EFLH1024 RX. At one point early in a flight I noticed the orange light on the brick flashing (slow). Heli was flying fine. no problems at all. I landed and changed out several batts. Every time I plugged up, I got the slow flashing orange light but was still able to fly. I stopped flying it as I knew something was wrong....But what? Do I need to do a "re-bind ya think."???

@Jack and others with the credit card mod...
I tested out the new and improved velcro holder. I did several "touch and go's"...some a bit harder than others trying my best to dislodge the battery from the holder and the battery held tight
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10194

The answer was steering me in the face. It's all about "surface contact" of the velcro I even have a hard time peeling the battery off..

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012