HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:03 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
What receiver? Kevlar/Carbon fuse

Hi All,

I've got a NAN Spider/Alex EL, and the fuse is made out of kevlar/carbon. As far as I can tell the carbon only constitutes narrow strips as reinforcements. I have a JR DSX-9 - 2.4Ghz, do I need a special cargo receiver? Furthermore, do the aerials need to have line of sight, or can they be enclosed in the fuse? Any 7/8 channel suggestions?

Many thanks.

Nick
nickvon is offline Find More Posts by nickvon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2,414 Posts
Here are some pictures of the antenna wires on my Alex XL. I wanted to have the antenna wires outside the fuse.

Receiver is an 8 channel Futaba R6008HS. I fly it on a 8FG Tx.

If you are going to stick with DSX, get a receiver with long antenna wires, outside the fuse like mine. Be sure to have at least one remote antenna with wires at 90 degrees to main antenna wires.

I would buy this receiver, AR 9310, which comes with a remote receiver.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9310
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Jul 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 08:46 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Here are some pictures of the antenna wires on my Alex XL. I wanted to have the antenna wires outside the fuse.

If you are going to stick with DSX, get a receiver with long antenna wires, outside the fuse like mine. Be sure to have at least one remote antenna with wires at 90 degrees to main antenna wires.

What he said
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post

Thanks very much for the info! It looks fantastic. Can I ask what motor, ESC/BEC, Prop setup you have gone with, that's my next challenge and I don;t know where to start!
nickvon is offline Find More Posts by nickvon