HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:22 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
Cool
LRP Pocket Stream 780mm glider (Some slow motion fly bys, 42 min flight)

Hello everyone,
I would like to present to you my LRP Pocket Stream glider. The model came PNF, I just needed to add an Rx and a battery. This is one of my favorite planes, it is an amazing and smooth flyer and it is also pretty quick and aerobatics capable at WOT. Since I bought it about 3-4 months ago, I've replaced the stock motor and ESC with the hexTronik 20 gram 2300Kv motor and a 12amp Plush ESC. The result - I've been able to achieve a 35 min flight at a constant throttle (with the stock motor and ESC I couldn't get more than 8 mins of flight). If I glide it from time to time, it will probably do over 40 mins.

If you are interested in more details and pics, please visit by bog at ArxangelRC.blogspot.com.

The wings are held by a magnet and they separate during a crash to minimize damage.

You can see the difference in size between the stock 10amp ESC and the 12amp Plush. There is also a considerable difference in weight between the two, with the Plush being almost twice as light. The stock motor is also about 10 grams heavier than the hexTronik 20 gram 2300Kv motor.

And here is a compilation from a couple of flights:
LRP Pocket Stream compilation (6 min 28 sec)
Arxangel is offline Find More Posts by Arxangel
Last edited by Arxangel; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
A friend lent me his 808 #16 Key Chain camera, so this Sunday I managed to strap in to my LRP and do some on board video. The result could be better, if there wasn't a spinning prop in front of the camera, but given the size of the model I think the video is pretty decent.

I also managed to achieve 42 mins of flight - 40 mins with the motor running and 2 mins gliding. This is a new record for the LRP.

Here is the on board video:

LRP Pocket Stream on board video (3 min 7 sec)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
Guys, I successfully tested the Orange V2 stabilizer unit on the LRP on a very windy day. The unit is impressive to say the least. In the wind, I could point it in a direction and let go of the sticks and it will keep going straight for quite some time.

For more details on this, please go to the bottom of my blog post here: ArxangelRC

The video I took was not good enough to share. I will wait for a windy day and get someone with a good camera with me to make a descent video.

Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
I managed to get some pretty nice slow motion fly bys of the Pocket Stream. This was during yet another test of the stabilizer unit. In my hones opinion - this plane looks amazing in the air, don't know what it is about it, but I just LOVE it!!!

LRP Pocket Stram slow motion fly bys (0 min 46 sec)
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:41 AM
Charlie
United Kingdom, England, Guildford
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Great stuff! Amazing how that esc/motor change made it so much more efficient :O You can't really beat a plane like that, good in every single way apart from no touch and goes (well maybe still can do that even!)
5616 is offline Find More Posts by 5616
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5616 View Post
Great stuff! Amazing how that esc/motor change made it so much more efficient :O You can't really beat a plane like that, good in every single way apart from no touch and goes (well maybe still can do that even!)
I was very surprised how the new motor and ESC changed the plane, but sadly no touch and go is possible. Even the 5x5 prop protracts below the bottom of the plane, so it will touch the ground long before the plane does. You could probably graze the grass and get away with it, but I try not to get THAT low.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 05:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,652 Posts
Here is some windy Sunday fun with the Pocket Stream:

LRP Pocket Stream /w Orange V2 stabilization - flying in the wind (3 min 22 sec)