HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
The std EC3 connectors work fine Jim. I prefer them over Deans but each to their own.
Agree regarding connectors as I read somewhere the loading for various connectors and the EC3 were rated higher and also sooooo much easier to solder
Thanks JIm
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:24 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
I use a 120 amp ESC with a Tenshock 5200kv motor in one bike. In others I use the 80amp Venom one using either the 4800kv or 4200kv Atomik motors.
Thanks for clearing that up .
I did go back trying to find the original posting but with there now 3 active threads covering the Venom and Atomik bikes got lost
Perhaps a bit off this post but does anyone know if there is a link to a survey done showing the tested C rating of various brands of Lipo compared to what they claim but without clarifying period of load
Big difference between very short burst and extended

Thanks Jim
T
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:33 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

Thanks so much for your video.

My mixture of Ofna 5000wt & 80AE went a little thick for the 1.3 pistons, though isn't that far from yours, specially in the drop test. In the compression and rebound by hand, your rises a little faster. Thanks again Chris. You're da man!

I know Ofna doesn't follow CST standard. I've ordered 1.2 pistons in order to use Chris's setup, but can also get a bottle of 3,000 differential oil and use it with the 1.3 pistons as TJ did.

The big bore shock looks amazing in the bike, and you can see the difference when the bike take bumps.

David

David
No worries David hope it helped you out. I've yet to try TJs set up but I will get some oil the same as kyosho 3000wt to try. It looks to work well also. The big bore compliments Chris's great chassis design and gets it working as good as it can be.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:34 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Agree regarding connectors as I read somewhere the loading for various connectors and the EC3 were rated higher and also sooooo much easier to solder
Thanks JIm
So that's why I've melted Deans plugs eh lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
This one has a 5000 battery on board. The pic is after running in the mud and the ride height after. It had dropped maybe a few mm under the weight. I found the bike seemed to handle even better. I've yet to drop the ride height a little and see if I like it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
Atomik MM big bore shock action (0 min 27 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:23 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Chris,

Thanks.for posting a video with the battery on too. As you said, there isn't much difference with the battery on and off.

Let see if TJ makes a video of his Kyosho 3,000/1.3mm pistons setup so we can compare .
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:28 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
I just put a pack through on a completely ice covered car park in the dark.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Last edited by Gaz-b; Jan 17, 2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Chris,

Thanks.for posting a video with the battery on too. As you said, there isn't much difference with the battery on and off.

Let see if TJ makes a video of his Kyosho 3,000/1.3mm pistons setup so we can compare .
No worries David, I did the one with the battery so you could see. As I said not much different.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
I'm doing up another bike that was my sons old VMX that got hardly any use. The front sprocket is original so you can imagine how little use its had. Probably 7 to 10 hours maybe. While I was checking things I came across the usual bent swingarm shaft. This one is only slight but pays to check. I use a cut down drill bit in my Tenshock bike which will never bend. You could also use a cut down pin punch possibly. I thought this vid may help out.
MM450 checking for bent swingarm shaft (0 min 20 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Any thoughts on fabricating a track and front ski? How could you modify the rear tire or rim to drive the belt?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:57 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
this should take care of the front don't forget to reverse the steering. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._60_size_.html
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:58 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Any thoughts on fabricating a track and front ski? How could you modify the rear tire or rim to drive the belt?
There are videos of the bike running in snow. Pic looks cool but once you get rid of the back wheel you loose the egyro too and this bike doesnt have a low cog so I have my doubts of it working. Not trying to stop you, just some things to consider. I never delt with treads so no comment on them.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:32 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
venom listed exactly what you need when they first released the bike but I don't think they ever made them paddle tyres.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:29 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
No worries David, I did the one with the battery so you could see. As I said not much different.
Hi guys,

Yesterday, I spent some hours changing the oil mixture in order to have a softer rebound. First, I did try AE 80 (1,000 CST) alone with the 1.3 pistons and it went too soft. Then I started mixing AE 80 with the Ofna 5,000 (unknown CST) and had a hard time getting what I wanted; sometimes ending too soft and sometimes ending too hard. Well, I ended fair I believe but will wait for the 1.2 pistons so no more mixing for now. In addition, I'll probably order a bottle of AE 2,000 & 3,000 CST Diff oil to have on hand for future experiments so I can know real CST numbers of mixtures. These oils will also help in a pinch letting me going thicker when the shock start to get leaky.

Now, I have a question about chain lubrication. How the chain lubrication should be in this kind of dirt bikes knowing we will have them in dirty conditions many times?
When should I remove the chain to clean it and lube it?

Thanks.

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 18, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
I'm doing up another bike that was my sons old VMX that got hardly any use. The front sprocket is original so you can imagine how little use its had. Probably 7 to 10 hours maybe. While I was checking things I came across the usual bent swingarm shaft. This one is only slight but pays to check. I use a cut down drill bit in my Tenshock bike which will never bend. You could also use a cut down pin punch possibly. I thought this vid may help out.
http://youtu.be/XX9z1wWG4a4
Hey Chris,

That place definitely look like real moto shop, LOL.