Flown with Dragonlink!

Popping Balloons (4 min 20 sec)
squishy654 is online now Find More Posts by squishy654
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:33 PM
Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Joined Mar 2003
143 Posts
I have the V1 transmitter module and just ordered the new 12 channel receiver. I'm assuming since they asked which transmitter module I had, that it's been configured to work with the older V1 module. But I can't get it to bind. Does anyone have the directions to bind the V2 receiver to the V1 module?
chillybee is offline Find More Posts by chillybee
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:34 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2005
391 Posts
If your V1 TX isn't updated, then I believe the procedure is as follows:

1. Turn off the receiver and transmitter, ensure that the antenna is connected to the transmitter
2. Turn on the transmitter while pressing the red button
3. Release button after about 2 or 3 seconds - the LED should be flashing green (binding mode)
4. Turn on the receiver

This should complete the bind operation.

credit: Daniel Wee

capn
capn is offline Find More Posts by capn
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:36 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
I had been struggling getting the PPM from Dragonlink to my APM. The DL v2 docs are really clear about PPM being output on Ch. 12...

But, I am getting PPM out of Channel 9. Hope this helps, feedback appreciated. So it finally works, correctly. (Video antenna not placed yet.)

I know there was a some production confusion on the first runs of the V2 RX, i.e. Channels 1-8 being labeled backwards, etc. Perhaps there is something weird about the PPM output too.
Van,
Are you using PPM with your APM?
If so, did you get it working?
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Last edited by iskess; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:52 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Van,
Was this directed at me, who is Van?

Yes using PPM into APM2, works great.
Oso M is offline Find More Posts by Oso M
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:01 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654 View Post
A helpful hint...You MUST post 'Flown with DragonLink' on the beginning of the video, not at the end or not at all...Mike will DQ you. The 'Flown with DragonLink' on the post doesn't count...must be on the actual video. Delete your video, re-edit, and repost.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:03 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Van,
Yes I am. It was real easy. Just connect the PPM from the DL Rx to the Ch1 input on the APM. Then place a jumper across the Ch2 and 3 signal pins on the APM. Done. No soldering, trace cutting, etc. required.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:04 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
Was this directed at me, who is Van?

Yes using PPM into APM2, works great.
I'm Van...as in Vantasstic!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:31 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
Also not sure if marcin.gala was entering his again this week..... closer this time..uploaded a month ago?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:45 PM
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
So I'm relatively new to this and have had many many long nights of info searching so far. My problem at the moment, is that I can't get my laptop to recognize dosd v2. I think I have the correct program for p/c....but who knows with all the info clutter out there of old downloads, versions, opinions, etc. etc..
I've recently purchased DL version 2.8 (two receivers) and dosd+, figuring that they would likely play best together. Why in the world I should have to track down the USB cable at hobby wireless is beyond me and has cost me time, money and frustration! It came with a four pin plug and wiring (the product website has a picture of which wires are which and states not to use the red one) so I've wired my own 3 pin with the appropriate pins to dosd+ and connected to computer. I get no power to board, nor recognition. (Yes I've selected the proper com port)
Please help and please clean up the mess out there :-/
FYI, I also purchased apm2.5+ and it came with ALL I needed, but I'm stubborn and hoping to keep the dragon stuff together...for now...
Jimmyjames916 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmyjames916
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:46 PM
a wild pilot
Joined Mar 2011
18 Posts
Video Tx Recommendation for quadcopter?

Hello all,
I fly a quadcopter with my newly acquired Dragonlink. I want to maximize my FPV range and I was looking for a recommendation for a video Tx that will give me great range but won't cause too much interference on a small quadcopter frame.

Is 1,000mW too powerful?
Thanks
vork22 is offline Find More Posts by vork22
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:16 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vork22 View Post
Hello all,
I fly a quadcopter with my newly acquired Dragonlink. I want to maximize my FPV range and I was looking for a recommendation for a video Tx that will give me great range but won't cause too much interference on a small quadcopter frame.

Is 1,000mW too powerful?
Thanks
how far you want to go? what freq?
JohnVH is online now Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:13 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,387 Posts
I am going to try my best to narrow down why your having your Problems. This is mainly about the DOSD.
Have you looked here? Ready for some reading? All jokes aside, if you have any questions, guys well try there best to figure out any Problems you have.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames916 View Post

My problem at the moment, is that I can't get my laptop to recognize dosd v2. I think I have the correct program for p/c....

There is only 1 Program for the DOSD
and that is PC Commander(Install the latest version) 2.11

http://www.dragonlabs.net/site/dragonosdplus/downloads

but who knows with all the info clutter out there of old downloads, versions, opinions, etc. etc..
You are getting confused with the TX/RX's

I've recently purchased DL version 2.8 (two receivers) and dosd+, figuring that they would likely play best together. Why in the world I should have to track down the USB cable at hobby wireless is beyond me and has cost me time, money and frustration!

No one said you have to...Its just recommended for ease of set up. You can easily hook it all up and play with the DSOD settings on your monitor/googles.
And if you get frustrated that easy on finding a simple USB cable online.. you have a long road ahead for FPV...sorry couldn't resist

It came with a four pin plug and wiring (the product website has a picture of which wires are which and states not to use the red one) so I've wired my own 3 pin with the appropriate pins to dosd+ and connected to computer. I get no power to board, nor recognition. (Yes I've selected the proper com port)
Please help and please clean up the mess out there :-/

Yes you only need to use 3 of em, Ground/ TX and RX. When you say no power, you mean no light comes on on the USB when plugged inot your PC?
have you confirmed in your device manager your dongle is showing?

If you are referring to no power/recognition from the DOSD and PC commander, make sure you power your osd. with a 3s batt... remember Neg on the outside pin.

Ok did your PC recognize your USB when it plugged in? What OS are you using? XP/ win7/8, Mac?

This is the one i got,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350568364250?...ht_6640wt_1139
have not used yet, as the one i got with my DOSD works great.

I had it install the PL2303 Prolific Driver for both of them though.

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...id=225&pcid=41

FYI, I also purchased apm2.5+ and it came with ALL I needed, but I'm stubborn and hoping to keep the dragon stuff together...for now...
Im stubborn to, as i dont know what apm2.5 is

.................................................. ................................................
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:36 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Mike changed bootloaders a couple of hundred units in which is why they will need to be sent in.
Is there anyway for someone to know if their unit is one that would require being sent in? I guess you just give it a try, and if it fails, send it in?
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:38 AM
Joined May 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillybee View Post
I have the V1 transmitter module and just ordered the new 12 channel receiver. I'm assuming since they asked which transmitter module I had, that it's been configured to work with the older V1 module. But I can't get it to bind. Does anyone have the directions to bind the V2 receiver to the V1 module?
Follow your V1 binding instructions.

With transmitter off, hold the bind button down. Turn the transmitter on while still holding down the button, release it after 2-3 seconds. Now plug in your RX, wait 3-5 seconds and then turn both off. It should be bound.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended