SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:32 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
Discussion
hornet formula 1

currently i just bought this hornet formula 1 from hobbyking great boat. im new here can u guys tell me where can i divert myself to hornet formula 1 forum. and any link i can get hopup for my boat especially the rudder i wish to change to cnc aluminium thks guys....
wan6176 is offline Find More Posts by wan6176
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:15 PM
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Nov 2009
543 Posts
Might be thinking of the wrong boat but isn't the hornet an outboard tunnel hull? Why does it need a rudder?
Don't think you're going to find a Hornet forum unless it's on the HobbyKing site.
siberianhusky is offline Find More Posts by siberianhusky
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:23 PM
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Joined Nov 2010
1,113 Posts
Is this the tunnel hull you have purchased;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16600

It is outboard as mentioned by SH, is it the leg of the out board you are referring to for CNC parts???

Does this help at all;

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=48
rotorkilla is offline Find More Posts by rotorkilla
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:27 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3 Posts
rotokilla thks alot thats tge info i need anyway im gonna get http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...5-bullet-drive.
to be install to my hornet formula 1 thks rotokilla
wan6176 is offline Find More Posts by wan6176
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Joined Nov 2010
1,113 Posts
No problem my pleasure, what motor are you going to mount on it, stock or???
rotorkilla is offline Find More Posts by rotorkilla
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:54 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
You'll need a bigger motor and esc probably with the new outdrive.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:46 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Hi wan6176,

Looks like OSE are out of stock of the 3.5 bullet drive but you can buy them directly from Hyperperformance products (they make them) here is the same bullet drive on the Hyperperformance products website and don't forget you will also need this to mount the motor 3.5 Electric Outboard Conversion Kit. You can also fit a 1700kv outrunner motor (same motor they use on the TREX 500 Heli's) have a look at the pic of one on the same leg.

PS: I have had no time to test this leg and yes it will be going on the Hornet one day soon.

Barry
Flying Barry is offline Find More Posts by Flying Barry
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:30 PM
Joined Mar 2011
14 Posts
Hello Everyone

As you can see from my screen name, I've just got one these Hornet F1's..and sort of a disaster .

The hull looks ok to me, but the paintwork and decals are appaling. It's also came with a 2800kv motor not the 1400kv as advertised but I guess that's better for 3s. Anyay took it out for a spin today on the local canal, and I have got to say very impressive how it skimed over the water. But if you're not careful you can pull wheelies, which I did, and it ended 'Upside down'.

I Had fishing rod with me and got it 1st time (beginners luck!), but loads of water had got in. As I turned it over smoke started to come from the esc, and in my rush to disconnect the battery I forgot how fragile the rudder fin under the outboard was and it snapped off !

I've dried out all the electronic bits in the airing cupboard and it all seems to work. The original esc was fried, bit as it happens I got a replacement 80a ESC, which I was going to fit after trying it, as most people on here were saying the stock 45a was to small.

...Any ideas how I can either replace or fix the outboard leg, I've epoxyed it and it's setting, but it doesn't look like it will work...plastic welding maybe ??

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
f1disaster is offline Find More Posts by f1disaster