SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:48 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Any thought on finding a new location for dots since there has been some concerns, from several people, about us running at Artesia?
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,163 Posts
I talked to Victor the other day, and he also stressed that no one should be using the Artesia Transit Center parking lot on non-club days, for fear of jeopardizing the club's contract with the city.

Although we don't run with the club often, it is nice to know that they'll be there when we do get our butts organized. So maybe it's time to start searching for another spot again?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Aug 16, 2014, 01:24 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
780 Posts
Or get organized?, I think it's worth looking into since anywhere we go is potential for this sort of thing happening to us. Look at whats happening here, we are being run out of this place by the very people that limit us as a group. Fine if that's what its got to be, but sitting around all weekend and waiting for track time is misery. Paying for a weekend of racing and not getting the same consideration is angering. Yes we are a smaller group, but seriously if we grow larger you think the car guys are going to give up their monopoly of the track #@#@#%%^ no!. Yes I say get organized!. Yes it will take some work but if we succeed it will be worth it and if we don't at least we tried. I don't fill the least bit of concern on saying this.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Aug 16, 2014, 08:08 AM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
What would we have to do, and who would we need to talk to about being able to use the location on days it is not already being used. To be honest it almost feels like GLARC really doesnt want us around. You guys say they talk sh it about rc bikers, I have heard names like stupid bikes and so fourth, while I haven't ran with them, I never heard anything positive about them outside of they are going to let us share the track in September....but I'm not even trying to be with a group of people like that, last thing I want is to have to take crap from someone else for any reason. So lets go above those guys. Lets find out what we need to do in order to have permission. What type of insurance might be needed, and lets make sure to separate ourselves from that group so the people we talk to can see we are not related. I'm sure some of those GLARC guys are just fine. However their actions towards our group make me feel some typa way. Like that guy rolling up, saying we had to leave. He went out of his way because he saw other having fun, saying we jeopardizing his club by being their when his club isn't. Then help us not jeopardize, but saying we can't run their.... Well if we can't run why should you guys be able to run.

I know Im the new guy to the group, and I don't mean to stir up any trouble, but fair is fair and I'm going to speak my mind when I see something not fair.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
Old Aug 16, 2014, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
Hey guys well sadly I will not be able to make it tomorrow, I have work to finish. However if people still plan on going, I can drop off the firehouse and the "danger" dots in the morning, just lmk. have fun
Old Aug 16, 2014, 07:12 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,522 Posts
Guys....maybe we can chill a little until afterbthe race and see how it goes. Victor has told me the bikes are welcome and that's what I go by. I personally have not heard any negative things about our bikes concerning not being welcome to run with GLARCRC. victor has stated his desire to see more of us at the scheduled races they have but we barely make them as a group. I mentioned that we currently are making progress on getting more people into the RC bikes.

We have sponsors donating alot of things for this race. Lets not get too huffy unless things go badly for this race.

I do not things will go badly at all for this race. We may have to find a different spot because GLARCRC already negotiated specific weekends and agreed not to take up public parking on the other weekends.

Weather the parking lots are being occupied- it doesn't matter I guess.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Aug 16, 2014, 07:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
Also guys, Kevin and myself have been brainstorming on how to get more traction to this hobby. We came to the agreement that a website for southern california, similar to Kevins sight for northern california, would help us out a bit. I am going to start a webpage for us. I would like to adopt the "Socal RC Riders" name for that page. Please let me know if its ok. Also while I have a few pics, I would love any and all pics that you guys would like posted that you may have. PM and I will give you my email to send the pics to, unless they are small, then go ahead and post them here and i will download them. I am opening to any ideas for this website as well as allowing others to modify it as well. I will be giving Kevin the password once its ready so he can help out, if anyone else wants to be able to modify the site, PM me and I will send you the password as well.

This is gonna be fun guys, lets take this to the next level
Old Aug 16, 2014, 07:52 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns0n View Post
Also guys, Kevin and myself have been brainstorming on how to get more traction to this hobby. We came to the agreement that a website for southern california, similar to Kevins sight for northern california, would help us out a bit. I am going to start a webpage for us. I would like to adopt the "Socal RC Riders" name for that page. Please let me know if its ok. Also while I have a few pics, I would love any and all pics that you guys would like posted that you may have. PM and I will give you my email to send the pics to, unless they are small, then go ahead and post them here and i will download them. I am opening to any ideas for this website as well as allowing others to modify it as well. I will be giving Kevin the password once its ready so he can help out, if anyone else wants to be able to modify the site, PM me and I will send you the password as well.

This is gonna be fun guys, lets take this to the next level
I have a feeling this will be awesome!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:07 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,522 Posts
Guys...Sept 7th is a rams race here in San jose.

A great chance to spread your racing wings before the race at the end of Sept. Sunday Sept 7th. http://rams-rc.org see also 1/5 RC bikes acceptance
At rams on our front page www.RCMCConline.com