United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista View Post
Sorry, that was a bit cheap IMO - instead of quoting me out of context,
cheers
Clemens

Ouch. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. My apologies if that's how it was taken. I was under the impression you were quoting other sources and wouldn't be offended.

Now as far as the rest of the post that followed, if it's a genuine question I'll respond. If it was just a reactionary statement I'll disregard it.

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Mar 08, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:12 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,998 Posts
We have all been there....no need to apologize. It happens and I think I have even done it to you myself... It's easy to take things the wrong way in text....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:06 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,547 Posts
I really like the CNHL "ChinaHOBBYLINE" batteries I recieved in the mail today. They come with Deans connectors and are nicely packed package..similar to the sky lipos..but with Deans...Lovely
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
I just don't like the weight. 1600mah 3s 40c battery for both sky lipo=148g and cnhl=165g. I hope they last longer and pack a bit more punch for 18g more weight. I have been interested in them though.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
I really like the CNHL "ChinaHOBBYLINE" batteries I recieved in the mail today. They come with Deans connectors and are nicely packed package..similar to the sky lipos..but with Deans...Lovely
How long was the shipping time? They don't specifiy how long just freight.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:48 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,550 Posts
CNHL are offering free shipping and time has been in line with other US vendors. Their WH is in California.
--Ray
Wrench66 is online now Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
So about 5 days? I seen the free shipping so I'll definitely get a couple batteries since one of my two got destroyed today in my crash.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:13 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,005 Posts
:Mike , and peeps ... I set up my scratch built pool noodle delta with the rudder stick mixed to ailerons. It was easy on a DX 7

Originally Posted by Wrench66
Nice Delta Pool Noodle 50mm, Al!

"I was gonna say the same thing! Love it when someone makes something from scratch!! One of the pix made me do a double take though.... it looked like a :
Yeah, this is one I'll hide from the wife, Not because it cost a lot but I just don't want her falling in love with the 16.6 volt battery
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Last edited by alpea 41; Mar 08, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:54 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
It is pretty amazing!! More power than I have ever felt from one of these little planes!
short intake and exhaust have always been the route to big performance, nothing new here. tigershark delta.

so ... 33... show me the big difference between in and out runners other than price? i still say a watts a watt , as long as u aren't making heat. i will give u that an inrunner in a alum housing MAY be able to be able to dissipate more heat, but a outrunner on a standoff ( ala don's ) has proven to match power to weight.

the one factor that u get and pay for in a inrunner is a factory balanced motor, typically.

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:21 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Very true .... I've run both Out and In runners .... both up to 5000kv formats .... difference ? Haven't been able to detect significant benefit other than slimmer motor body allowing exhaust flow of fan to be cleaner / less obstructed with the inrunner.
Whatever you do ... it all still obeys Physics Laws ... you don't get anything for nothing. You may gain a little by increasing efficiency of motor by a few % points - but that's it.

In my view - the biggest gains are got by :

a) Better battery to provide the power needed
b) Clean efficient ducting.

Nigel
correct, and most of the efficiency differences can be attributed to minor heating differences. one thing an inrunner does better is get the windings heat to the case of the motor for better heat sinking , IF the motor is in the airflow or in a alum housing. an outrunner is easier to cool using a standoff, no alum housing needed, so again, not a big difference overall.

the biggest efficiently gain is in dropping the kv to the magic point where minimum heating occurs , not from having an in or outrunner. , imo

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:25 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
How long was the shipping time? They don't specifiy how long just freight.
i took 3 weeks good timing especially comming from hk and lipo customs delay...plus jason told me he shipped late and apologized he also gave me some Double AA's to compensate for my time loss...Ill repeat definately
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:37 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,459 Posts
is there a good middle of the road Don's setup, where i can run 3s & 4s ? i hate to buy all new 4s batts, when i still have some 3s. my stock T-45 flies pretty good.....but i'd like to throw a 4s in there for a few flights
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
i took 3 weeks good timing especially comming from hk and lipo customs delay...plus jason told me he shipped late and apologized he also gave me some Double AA's to compensate for my time loss...Ill repeat definately
I'm confused your talking about hk but I think your replying about the cnhl shipping time? Hobbyking has cnhl?
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,550 Posts
Hong Kong, Mike
Wrench66 is online now Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:12 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Hong Kong, Mike
Shame on me...i should have been more specific, thank you Wrench

yes I meant Hong Kong wharehouse...I ordered from the HK wharehouse because at the time only the HK wharehouse had the 1300mah batts i needed. I figured I order all from there