john
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:24 AM
The dude abides
Las Vegas NV
Joined Oct 2003
45 Posts
Hi Nina (RC Timer). Some micro polarized Deans would be a nice addition also. In bulk, just like the other Deans that you have. Thanks!
nieltj is offline Find More Posts by nieltj
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Just received my order from RCTimer; 7 days from HK to my door. Only problem I have is getting back on the website; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Shipping was $2.00, great prices! Got the Dean clones w/ ribs, 3 & 4mm connectors & a 850kv outrunner for a total of $27. Happy camper here! Thanks to the thread starter for the heads up.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
Just received my order from RCTimer; 7 days from HK to my door. Only problem I have is getting back on the website; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Shipping was $2.00, great prices! Got the Dean clones w/ ribs, 3 & 4mm connectors & a 850kv outrunner for a total of $27. Happy camper here! Thanks to the thread starter for the heads up.
Dear sonny1,

Thanks for your feedback,
If you have any inquiries please feel free to contact me.
$ 2.00 is shipping insurance

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:02 PM
Dallas
Joined Aug 2002
183 Posts
Hi Nina, placed an order 5 days ago a never received shipping info, could you please pm me to let me know where my order stands.
birdy233 is offline Find More Posts by birdy233
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
TrackingNo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233
Hi Nina, placed an order 5 days ago a never received shipping info, could you please pm me to let me know where my order stands.
Dear birdy233,

Please chech you webmail, we have sent the tracking No. to you.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,756 Posts
I placed my order on the 8th and I "think" my order shipped October 14th.
The email has this in subject "rctimer Have been shipped to you, please note that check" and no text in the body of the email. I ordered from Hobby City and it shipped on the 15th and it arrived on the 23rd. The time line is pretty normal from HC.
By now I am wondering if something happened on the shippers end to not get out?
Order # is 2009100954574

Regards,
Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:49 AM
King NorthCarolina
Joined Sep 2004
264 Posts
They should have sent you a tracking #
tillthefourth is offline Find More Posts by tillthefourth
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:39 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Received the second order today. The first required my signature but this one didn't. Didn't buy the insurance on either. Looks like it entered the US around the 13th so it's the US Postal system and/or US Customs that slowed this package down.

One small issue is I received the 600mm straight extension leads but ordered the twisted version. Like that extra RF protection. Sent Nina a message but not sure if much can be done and no big deal if not. I can still use these and considering they were $.89 ea I can live with the mistake.

Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
Received the second order today. The first required my signature but this one didn't. Didn't buy the insurance on either. Looks like it entered the US around the 13th so it's the US Postal system and/or US Customs that slowed this package down.

One small issue is I received the 600mm straight extension leads but ordered the twisted version. Like that extra RF protection. Sent Nina a message but not sure if much can be done and no big deal if not. I can still use these and considering they were $.89 ea I can live with the mistake.

Xwing
Dear Xwing,

Sorry for any inconveneince, this is our mistake, we can offer resend or refund.
Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
I'm a Canadian resident and the RCTimer website gave me an error when I tried to enter my Postal Code (Zip) in the receiving address section of the "My rctimer" section.

It seems there software only recognizes 5-digits (zip) and not the 6-digits required for a Postal Code.

Anyway, I sent Nina an email and she responded quickly, saying that the package will be sent to the address that I gave her in my initial email. Since then I've logged-in and my receiving address has not been updated and I can't check out what I've got in my "cart" until it is.

I will keep the community updated though!

Looking forward to purchasing a ESC's, motors, deans, ect.

Also Nina, it would be great if RCTimer could find and supply a few choices for a balancing charger with an AC Adapter for 1-6 Cell Lipo's!!!
etotheo is offline Find More Posts by etotheo
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Nina, I see you've been watching this thread, so I'd like to ask a couple of questions if I may. I noticed that your lipo packs are a little more expensive than other HK distributors, (HobbyCity, etc). I am having some difficulty in understanding some of the translations you provide in English; an example from your website reads: "Our battery price is higher than the other seller, because: 1. When the customer orders, we just go to manufacture, so to maintain the best life of battery. 2. Battery capacity of our precision instruments have been checked, capacity is sufficient, but the market is lack of capacity, 1500mAh as 1800mAh to sell, 1800mAh as 2200mAh to sell ... etc. ". I think I get the basic idea of what that says, but to us here in the States it's a little hard to understand. Are you saying that your packs are, as we say here "fresher" than your competitors, and that their stated capacities are more accurate also? Also, does your pack pricing reflect the addition of shipping to their price? And also, when I want to put something in my "favorites" area, I get a window which says, "Add To Flavours Success!". That actually sounds very nice, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in English. I am a satisfied customer by the way; I have never had an order from HK delivered so quickly. I'm sure I will be ordering again soon. Thank you,

Sonny
Last edited by sonny1; Oct 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:37 PM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
This is to the OP badpilotto,

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to the Official RCTimer Thread... or something.

Just a thought.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:12 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etotheo View Post

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to the Official RCTimer Thread... or something.

Just a thought.
For one thing , this is a public forum, and online retailers are part of the public, they have a right to participate here. The interaction between customer and retailer can only benefit both parties. If RCTimer were my company I would strongly encourage active participation in these forums, that's just good business....nothing wrong with that. Kudos to the thread starter for opening up the dialogue, as he like the rest of us here just wanted to know something about RCTimer. And more importantly, if we can get a good deal out of the information we glean here, more the better.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 06:58 AM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etotheo View Post

Just a thought.
For one thing , this is a public forum, and online retailers are part of the public, they have a right to participate here. The interaction between customer and retailer can only benefit both parties. If RCTimer were my company I would strongly encourage active participation in these forums, that's just good business....nothing wrong with that. Kudos to the thread starter for opening up the dialogue, as he like the rest of us here just wanted to know something about RCTimer. And more importantly, if we can get a good deal out of the information we glean here, more the better.
This is exactly my point!

I only thought that by changing the title of the thread, it would be easier for others that are thinking about or already have used RCTimer to join in and participate. Something that stands out a little better... something that catches the eye a little better...