SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Flyzone INUM Micro EP RTF

Everything's included with this 8.5" indoor flyer.

Splash

Almost as small as they get!

The brand new INUM micro RTF indoor flyer is a very affordable 3-channel airplane with a wingspan of 8.5 inches (215mm). The INUM comes completely ready to fly with a 3.7V 35mAh LiPo battery, 2.4GHz transmitter with built-in LiPo charger, and four “AA” batteries.

With a street price around $40, the INUM is an easy and affordable way to fly during the indoor season or teach a new pilot the basics of flight.

INUM Indoor Flyer RTF from Flyzone (1 min 0 sec)

CLICK HERE for more info on the Flyzone INUM Micro EP RTF

Old Dec 26, 2014, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by helifrek
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
3,347 Posts
2 channel!
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printing services!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
TEAM HILLBILLY/ PEASANTCOPTER
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
5,140 Posts
$40? i am gonna get one now!
Somethin' Extra is offline Find More Posts by Somethin' Extra
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by dayhead
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,856 Posts
I will buy one of these planes as soon as I can find one.

I already fly a Flyzone Playmate, which has 3 channels. I've owned a half dozen or so Playmates and am impressed with the Flyzone quality.

So why do I want a throttle and rudder only plane, you may ask.

Flying a rudder only control was my first introduction to RC flying, in 1974.

I found rudder only flying to be a challenging experience. Making a precision approach to a landing without elevator control is a lot of fun. And this one has throttle control, so a missed approach is no big deal, just apply power to go around and try again.

I had one Playmate with a bad elevator servo, so it was essentially the same as this plane. What I enjoyed doing with it, besides making precision approaches, was rudder-only aerobatics. Yes, you can loop a rudder only plane, once you get the plane set up properly. I'll bet this one is already set up for this, but if it isn't I won't have much trouble "fixing" it.

Perhaps I can convince Flyzone to let me do a review of this plane. I wonder how to contact them?
dayhead is offline Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Dec 27, 2014, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by SubaruMike
United States, DE, Magnolia
Joined Nov 2011
414 Posts
Mine flys terrific! What a bang for your buck. I have flown mine strictly outside in no wind conditions. She is extremely precise and scale take offs looks great! I give my INUM a strong 10/10! Now to give it some pre-ww2 markings Maybe. I think I may like the existing paint scheme too much

I moved my CG slightly forward, now it flys much -- stabler. With the CG moved forward it eliminated the "short climb, stall,short climb, stall" like a balsa glider.

Here is my CG position:

SubaruMike is online now Find More Posts by SubaruMike
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by Ricomon
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
678 Posts
Haven't I seen this somewhere before? ...a couple of weeks ago? Anyway, it's great to hear that it's a good flying plane. I love the Playmate, myself, and I usually putter around on idle with rudder only. I might have to pick up one of these.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Dec 28, 2014, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by SubaruMike
United States, DE, Magnolia
Joined Nov 2011
414 Posts
NOTE: I just broke the axle off on a normal landing today. The wheel is MIA Fragile axles or mine was just abnormally weak.
SubaruMike is online now Find More Posts by SubaruMike
Old Dec 28, 2014, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by helifrek
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
3,347 Posts
You know what.... airhogs had almost the exact same thing back in the day now that I think about it. I had one, it flew great!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=663680&page=2
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printing services!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by papadwight
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
1,110 Posts
Sitting here wanting a new indoor house flyer and want to get with my gift card this looks just right now that my mini vapor is gone.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Me Around The House Flying
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by Zoide
Joined Feb 2008
461 Posts
I wonder which is better: this or the Mini Vapor
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Old Dec 29, 2014, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,270 Posts
I don't see this being a hit. Flew it last week and was not impressed especially for the price. I too remember something like this years ago (Air Hogs?) so it's nothing new. You can't easily fly it in a smaller space;would do better in a larger very open area. I think something along the lines of the mini-vapor would have been better.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Dec 29, 2014, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by bergenflier
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
I don't see this being a hit. Flew it last week and was not impressed especially for the price. I too remember something like this years ago (Air Hogs?) so it's nothing new. You can't easily fly it in a smaller space;would do better in a larger very open area. I think something along the lines of the mini-vapor would have been better.
I agree.
This seems like flyzone's entrance into the mall stand toy grade business, like when you are walking around the mall and at a stand some guy is selling coaxial heli's.
Flyzone should of left the business to Hobbico to choose which brand they want doing that business. Heli-Max has some $39 coax heli, and Estes has 2 models of the Proto X (normal and SLT transmitter edition) at $39, and that should be the mall stand business.
I feel like the minimum entrance to airplanes at Hobby grade would be around the Hobbyzone Duet level. RC Planes at toy grade minimum should be Air Hogs planes.
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
Old Dec 29, 2014, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by poulsbobill
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,259 Posts
Jury still out for me.

I broke the charging hatch when i opened it. Charges at 99mah for a 35 mah battery Good news it stopped at 4.19 volts.

Mine has severe left turn bias. My rudder is permantly to the left. I moved the battery as in the pic to balance it and allow for cg movement.

This reminds me of the revell polito. Very similar except lighter.

Here is a mov with a rearward cg. in the house.

Bill
Inum (0 min 26 sec)
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Last edited by poulsbobill; Dec 29, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 08:42 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
678 Posts
I was really looking forward to your video, but it says page not found.

Rick
Old Dec 30, 2014, 07:54 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
678 Posts
Thanks for the video, mate. Looks great. I think you need a bigger plane to take out that pole, though. (...not that I'm criticizing, mind you. I'd have hit it first time around.) I was hoping it would be slow enough for the small rooms in my house, but I don't think so. I think I really need a Vapor.

Rick