2,639 Posts
BEAST AS3X.....BACKYARD (4 min 22 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old May 28, 2015, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,639 Posts
10 14 Low 6 sec hover in guesty winds (4 min 5 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Today, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by scrub monkey
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
903 Posts
I picked one of these up used with a few batteries and a charger for $50. Anyway it was crashed once. The guy thought flying quads would mean being able to fly a plane. The damage wasn't that bad. Fixed up easily enough and now I do t have to worry about me making it look crap question is how would you guys straighten a warped horizontal stabilizer. On one side the end turns up. Enough that when the elevator is deflected it straghtens it out. I was thinking get it straight and the put a piece of tape from the top, over the end, and along the bottom. Like using covering to add washout in a standard wing. Well same sort of idea. But what would you guys recommend?
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
I picked one of these up used with a few batteries and a charger for $50. Anyway it was crashed once. The guy thought flying quads would mean being able to fly a plane. The damage wasn't that bad. Fixed up easily enough and now I do t have to worry about me making it look crap question is how would you guys straighten a warped horizontal stabilizer. On one side the end turns up. Enough that when the elevator is deflected it straghtens it out. I was thinking get it straight and the put a piece of tape from the top, over the end, and along the bottom. Like using covering to add washout in a standard wing. Well same sort of idea. But what would you guys recommend?
Hey scrub,

Are the micro cf support rods in place on the under side of the horizontal stab?

Your tape idea will probably work just fine.

If my horizontal stab needed additional support, I would try adding a small cf rod on the underside like I do for my 3S powered Sbachs.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=727

Roger
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by scrub monkey
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
903 Posts
I used a few bits of tape and its abit better. Not perfect but good enough.
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey