New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2015, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Landoperk
Joined Mar 2015
9 Posts
Discussion
New to building. Double check my wiring diagram?

First time builder here.
I am looking to get my wiring double checked as I'm new to the whole shebang.
The FC is the Brain. The PCB is the Atas Pro Mini. The bottom left component is an AttoPilot voltage sensor.

http://imgur.com/ATl1Fc7.png

These are the diagrams that I referenced.
https://www.brainfpv.com/static/medi...onnections.png
http://d1b5yzykmxw6e8.cloudfront.net...ini-manual.jpg

Please let me know if you see something out place or have any concerns/criticisms.
Landoperk is offline Find More Posts by Landoperk
Last edited by Landoperk; Apr 08, 2015 at 03:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2015, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
181 Posts
It looks ok at a glance but I have one bit of advice- cut the crap!

What I mean by that isn't that your chosen parts arnt good, but for your first build its highly advised to just use the minimum components to get in the air and fly LOS. You can add FPV and OSD and the LED strip later, or on a different build (simply LED's are one thing but many such strips as you've pictured are digitally controlled and require code. Make sure you're getting simply on/off controlled lighting for now).
Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Last edited by Cereal_Killer; Apr 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:54 AM
Joined Mar 2015
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
It looks ok at a glance but I have one bit of advice- cut the crap!

What I mean by that isn't that your chosen parts arnt good, but for your first build its highly advised to just use the minimum components to get in the air and fly LOS. You can add FPV and OSD and the LED strip later, or on a different build (simply LED's are one thing but many such strips as you've pictured are digitally controlled and require code. Take note you're getting simply on/off controlled lighting for now).
I understand the train of thought and have put it to practice with other things in my life but that's not simply not the direction I'm taking this project in. I'm hitting the ground running by building the quad now that I want to end up flying later.
I've got LOS experience from other quadrotors and I'm confident I'll be able to learn and grow on this new build.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
181 Posts
Being your first BUILD, at the very least put the thing together with just the bare minimum, get that running and get to a point you understand (and mainly CAN TROUBLESHOOT) the hardware, then add the add-on's.

Have you done much OSHW work before, played with an Arduino or anything? Are you savvy with setting up serial comm's between devices? Cause that's where most everyone gets stumped...

If you build this thing (your first build) with every add-on piece of equipment when you go to fire it up and it doesn't work you'll have no clue where to start digging. I understand your train of thought as well sir, but for your own good you really should stop at just the flying stuff- then fly it for a bit (even just one day) to confirm you got that part down, then if you still insist go back over and add GPS and BARO and all the jazz. I'm just thinking from an engineers stand point- don't work above your pay grade, you gotta walk before you run (or in tech speak "you gotta run "blink" before you can write your own sketch")

I'm not trying to turn you off from it [having a totally decked out quad] or trying to be a dick, nor am I saying you can't do it, it's really not all that hard... But I see a similiar question all the time, then two weeks later I see another question from the same guy "all my stuff is hooked up and it doesn't fly" and they have to, one at a time, disconnect / remove all these add-on's till they're back at a barebones quad before they're even able to start figuring out what went wrong. That's all I'm trying to convince you to not do here.
Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:43 PM
Joined Mar 2015
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
If you build this thing (your first build) with every add-on piece of equipment when you go to fire it up and it doesn't work you'll have no clue where to start digging.
It will most definitely end up like this. I'm building it piece by piece as parts arrive in the mail. I'm sure as soon as it's capable of LOS flight I won't be able to resist setting everything up to "test" it. FPV gear and bells and whistles are last on my acquisition list.
Thanks for constructive criticism and discussion.