New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2015, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,131 Posts
Ever since I switched to those mpx connectors on my V and bixler it's made it a heck of a lot easier. Now playing with mixes on my taranis has been fun, going to try putting crow on the throttle as I think it would feel more "natural" than a switch and more precise.
Mr.Aaron is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by doomracing
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,697 Posts
if your using a dx8 get the sailplane update. that's already done for you. get the radian oro setup as well, but you have to have your DX8 registered to use them. meaning my copy wont work on your DX8.
doomracing is online now Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Apr 10, 2015, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by weedsnager
United States, IN, St John
Joined Mar 2011
153 Posts
Just bought the Roc hobby v-tail, my first glider.. Can someone please explain to me like a 6 year old how I need to set this up on my Dx9, I can't get it to work right. I have it set for Acro, V-tail. Ailerons and elevator function as they should, but I can't get the rudder to move in the proper direction.
weedsnager is offline Find More Posts by weedsnager
Old Apr 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,697 Posts
ok that's simple except for i cant tell you where your servo reversing menu is in a DX9. i have a DX8. anyhow when you find where to reverse the rudder channel do that. don't worry about norm rev showing on the menu.

to check to see that the rudder is working roll the fuse nose away from you to say the right. give the rudder (left stick) a push to the right. the fin sticking straight up should move to the right. now roll the fuse to the left, and push the rudder stick to the left. the fin straight up should move to the left. now roll the fuse with the tail fins up. give right, and both fins should move to the right, and the opposite when giving left stick.

now pull back on the elevator (right stick) and both should go up, and down when you push forward on the stick.

push right on the right stick, and the right wing aileron will go up, and the left aileron will go down, and the opposite for a left push on the right stick. left up, and right down.

i can do the flaps, but harder to explane without having your DX89 in hand.

hope this helps. on your first flight have someone go over the controls to be sure everything is ok. better safe than sorry.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,697 Posts
oh ya. we here refer to it as the V ROC. haven't gotten mine in the air yet, but you got a fine sailplane.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
663 Posts
weeds,
Look at page 16 in the manual. You will see the correct movements of the "V's" for Rudder input. With Left Rudder, the Left V will be Down & the Right V will be UP. That forces the tail of the glider to the right as the nose moves left. With Right Rudder, the Left V will be UP & the Right V will be Down....again that forces the tail to move to the left as the nose moves to the right. It's like looking at reverse ailerons. The pics show this correctly. The correct setting on your radio is for V-Tail.

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Old Apr 10, 2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by weedsnager
United States, IN, St John
Joined Mar 2011
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
weeds,
Look at page 16 in the manual. You will see the correct movements of the "V's" for Rudder input. With Left Rudder, the Left V will be Down & the Right V will be UP. That forces the tail of the glider to the right as the nose moves left. With Right Rudder, the Left V will be UP & the Right V will be Down....again that forces the tail to move to the left as the nose moves to the right. It's like looking at reverse ailerons. The pics show this correctly. The correct setting on your radio is for V-Tail.

Denny
First of all ,to get the elevator and rudder to act as intended (as per the manual pictures) I don't need to do any radio mixing? I have tried reversing the rudder and I still couldn't get it to act right...appreciate the help guys
weedsnager is offline Find More Posts by weedsnager
Old Apr 10, 2015, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by chech
Spain, Community of Madrid, Cobeña
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a larger glider (have the AXN Floater now) and these one has caught my attention. After discarding the Radian Pro and most probably the ST Models Salto (which looks awesome, but I think I want something a bit slower and more versatile), I'm looking at this model and the Easyglider Pro Blue Edition from Multiplex. Would you recommend me this one? I've been reading bits of the whole thread, apparently it stalls when turning at low speeds? The Easyglider Pro, although I believe is a much older model, seems to fly pretty well.

Also, has anyone bought it en Europe? I have only been able to find it here. I did find it in 2 others stores, but I didn't understand the language nor the currency.

Thanks for your time, and have a nice weekend!
chech is offline Find More Posts by chech
Old Apr 10, 2015, 06:52 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,697 Posts
i cant say of the V ROC flies because i haven't gotten mine in the air yet. are you looking for a slow flyer, scale, thermal ship?

everyone here seems to like it. i got mine because i was looking for a scale looking sailplane with a V tail. i have a radian pro. great plane. flies well in wind. can thermal, light aerobatics, and floats around nicely. i also have a easy-glider pro. when i got mine it had a brushed motor in it. very slow, and got bored with it quickly. if the newer version has a brush-less power in it it mite be faster.

without flying my V ROC i would still recommend it. if your worried about tip stalls just keep some power on in the turns. the size of the wings it should thermal nicely. is it the best in speed, thermaling, or aerobatics? no, but should do well in all 3. all the build issues in the V1 have been addressed from the factory.

i would recommend getting a spare set of wing pins. loose them, and your done till you get more.

on another note id like to say i enjoyed my 2 years in Espania. i was stationed at Torrejon. i loved your country, food, and the beautiful women. what a wonderful place for a 20 year old guy.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
6,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager View Post
First of all ,to get the elevator and rudder to act as intended (as per the manual pictures) I don't need to do any radio mixing? I have tried reversing the rudder and I still couldn't get it to act right...appreciate the help guys
That's part of the beauty of the new DX series Tx's -- you just set up the aircraft's basics, in this case your Wing & Tail selections, and it does the mixing for you.

Something else you might be interested in is Sherman Knight's (Team Horizon Sailplane) programming setup for a 6-servo glider wing. Exploiting another feature - the setup is available as a download. Save to your computer, transfer to an SD card, put the card into your DX9 & import the setup. Click here for post #168 in the DX18 Sailplane thread for the attachments to the firmware & guide.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
6,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
i cant say of the V ROC flies because i haven't gotten mine in the air yet. ...
Trust us - it does.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager View Post
Just bought the Roc hobby v-tail, my first glider.. Can someone please explain to me like a 6 year old how I need to set this up on my Dx9, I can't get it to work right. I have it set for Acro, V-tail. Ailerons and elevator function as they should, but I can't get the rudder to move in the proper direction.
Hi weedsnagger.....i like my V-Roc, and for V-tails on my DX-9, i use a set-up like this....go to 'aircraft type', then scroll and select "tail B".....this should set everything moving the way you want.....
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Apr 11, 2015, 05:25 AM
Find More Posts by chech
Spain, Community of Madrid, Cobeña
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
i would recommend getting a spare set of wing pins. loose them, and your done till you get more.

on another note id like to say i enjoyed my 2 years in Espania. i was stationed at Torrejon. i loved your country, food, and the beautiful women. what a wonderful place for a 20 year old guy.
I live 20 minutes from Torrejón, lol

I have decided to go for the Easy Glider Pro. I like this plane more, I'd love to get it, but it's 200€ with shipping to my house here in Europe, there are no spare parts (like the wing pins), and I already have electronics to fit the Easy Glider Pro, so I can buy just the hull without electronics and have a full glider on steroids for 80€.

Thanks however for the tips! Hope to be back some day should this plane get more love in Europe.
chech is offline Find More Posts by chech
Old Apr 13, 2015, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Lower AL
Joined Feb 2013
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chech View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a larger glider (have the AXN Floater now) and these one has caught my attention. After discarding the Radian Pro and most probably the ST Models Salto (which looks awesome, but I think I want something a bit slower and more versatile), I'm looking at this model and the Easyglider Pro Blue Edition from Multiplex. Would you recommend me this one? I've been reading bits of the whole thread, apparently it stalls when turning at low speeds? The Easyglider Pro, although I believe is a much older model, seems to fly pretty well.

Also, has anyone bought it en Europe? I have only been able to find it here. I did find it in 2 others stores, but I didn't understand the language nor the currency.

Thanks for your time, and have a nice weekend!
I learned to fly on the Radian and still have it but one look at flying buddies V-tail I knew it was for me. Great flying and thermals well, easy to put together and take apart, not sure about where to buy in Europe.
Jeff......................
SeeMeDo is online now Find More Posts by SeeMeDo