Closed Thread
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:15 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
do have to say that being such a noob you might be better off getting a fp heli to get good with the sticks before a 450,,there is a lot of setup with a 450 and lots of peeps get fed up quite fast after a few crashes,maybe a walkera cb180 might be better choice right now ? just a thought
i apreciate the input,but I had gotten ta the point of steady hover,with my nightranger 3d,ok its an old kit and most prob dont remember it,but its from what I've read, a renamed walkera 52,which from what lil I know, is in the 250 class cp catagory!

and from I've read,itsa misserable heli ta fly! even for some one with experiance,and untell I burned out my tail motor, i was able ta hold it in what I consider a stable hover.

thats why I'm considering getting a 450 size heli,as its spose b more stable, and way better flyer then my nightranger. thanks again the KID!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:20 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
i apreciate the input,but I had gotten ta the point of steady hover,with my nightranger 3d,ok its an old kit and most prob dont remember it,but its from what I've read, a renamed walkera 52,which from what lil I know, is in the 250 class cp catagory!

and from I've read,itsa misserable heli ta fly! even for some one with experiance,and untell I burned out my tail motor, i was able ta hold it in what I consider a stable hover.

thats why I'm considering getting a 450 size heli,as its spose b more stable, and way better flyer then my nightranger. thanks again the KID!
You say you can hover,,can you fly around and look at the heli from different angles ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:28 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
hey all! :d

ok went ta lhs 2day ta c if they had a brushed motor 4 my vnr,no joy

ok they had a trex 450 kit on the shelf, align trex 450sa, it has balstic main and tail. (havn't heard about this kit in all the forums i've read.

It was on sale at just under 220 bucks,i'm pretty shure it comes with everything but the reciever, and batt.

Ok the q is,sense its the plastic version,should i go with a clone,r get the trex with all the trex gear, 4 a few bucks more,and i assume with parts that will all work 2gether,without having ta guess!
thanks the kid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
i have to agree here, the post was really hard to read. If you expect people to spend energy on writing a response, i think its fair to expect you to expend the energy to write comprehensively.
+1.

No offense Whiskey, but as soon as you "cleaned" up your "act", your posts immediately became a lot easier to understand. I'm sure you know that respect is earned. The most respected people put forth the most effort.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:42 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!? View Post
Barak1001 -

I do see what your saying. I havent had a problem with my align motor yet, it dosent have super climbout and it does loose rpm under heavy loads.

Do I mind, not really. I dont fly hardcore 3D, loops rolls, invereted hover all that stuff is fine and dandy.

Although I am wondering if I need to get a higher discharge battery. Im running that 2600mah 25c, and Im wondering if I should get a 2200 35c.

Here are my temps for todays flight:
Outside temp: 45 degrees
Motor Temp: 80 degrees
ESC temp: 65 degrees
Battery temp: 103 degrees

This was on a 15min flight, 10 mins of it was forward flight
I'm getting better results from the standard Turnigy 2200mah 40C, than I am from the Nanotech 2200mah 45C. They can still be charged up to 5C and they're a very good price as well.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:02 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I'm getting better results from the standard Turnigy 2200mah 40C, than I am from the Nanotech 2200mah 45C. They can still be charged up to 5C and they're a very good price as well.
Are the nano-techs broken in ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:23 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,249 Posts
Quote:
You say you can hover,,can you fly around and look at the heli from different angles ?
sadly never got past tail in on my ranger befor tail motor seized on me.

however I am able to hover 360 deg's on my sim with most heli's they hav on the realflite basic.

and at this rate I will be flying my nexus 30 nitro which is a totaly diff subject!(waiting on pitch gauge,lost mine in my hobbie room) before x-mas, as the hk450pro will be what I'm asking the Mrs. ta get me.

back ta the sim sense I don't hav anything but a jet flying rt now.

thanks again! the KID!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:32 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
Quote:
Are the nano-techs broken in ?
Yes. I have two of each. They all had 5 cycles at 1C from new and are now well over 20 flights each. I use the Hitec Aurora 9 with voltage telemetry and the Nanotech 45C drop to a lower voltage sooner than the standard 40C.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:00 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
Errrrm so was on pack 5 today and the SHAFT of my turnigy 2215 motor sheared off mid punch out! lol
Does anyone know the shaft dimensions? I have a couple of hextronik shafts here 3x42mm
RG2000 is online now Find More Posts by RG2000
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:19 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
Errrrm so was on pack 5 today and the SHAFT of my turnigy 2215 motor sheared off mid punch out! lol
Does anyone know the shaft dimensions? I have a couple of hextronik shafts here 3x42mm
Gee, I've never heard of that happening. First thought that comes to mind is whether you had your pinion pushed up against the main gear too tight, resulting in fatigue to the shaft?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:28 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
I used the super hi tech paper accordion method lol
FYI the HK website says the bit missing is 16mm and I have ~34mm left so the shaft must be 50x3.17mm??

EDIT: Had a random spare shaft from a turnigy 2213 that looks juuust long enough!
RG2000 is online now Find More Posts by RG2000
Last edited by RG2000; Nov 08, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:32 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,865 Posts
made some modification to my HK 250 gt , i added the 450 gear with a wood block . it only added 8 grams of weight, now unless i faceplantit into the ground , i dont think the gear is going to break . alot of lightming holes on the side and bottom and yet very strong. now since this one is done and flys better than any 6 channel i have , its time to start the 450 pro
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:51 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
I had that happen with a 2218. Cared more about losing the pinion.

hk450 crashes (1 min 34 sec)

You can get 3mm and 3.17mm steel rods and make motor shafts from here Just need to use a cutting wheel on a dremel after measuring length, smooth the ends, and use a good circlip.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:05 AM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
So I was doing some flying today. And some how my hand bumped my count down timer on my DX7 and it stopped at 4:05....
I found out this when I did a roll about 10ft high, half way through I noticed I had no inverted climb out... I barely got it right side up and flared it, into a tree.

Main gear: $15
Main shafts: $10
Flybar: $4
Blades: had some

Realizing that the saying "there's no such thing as a landing, just a controlled crash" still holds true. Priceless...
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:03 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorJohn View Post
I was going to leave this one alone, but I do want to say something here. Please take this as coming from care and not anger ...

<snip>

To whiskykid: Please do keep asking. I hope you will keep hanging around. I am a newbie here and overall I think that you will find it a good place to get very helpful info.

My apologies for the long post. Happy flying. John
All good and valid points - but if someone is asking for help then it makes sense to make the question as easily understandable to as many people as possible. When joining a new group or environment and hoping to engage and enjoy then again it is helpful and less contentious to communicate in the way that the majority of the group already do ..... if people want to "fit in" then they have to make some concessions to the current status quo - or perhaps I'm just an old fart - I hate text speak
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:25 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
All good and valid points - but if someone is asking for help then it makes sense to make the question as easily understandable to as many people as possible. When joining a new group or environment and hoping to engage and enjoy then again it is helpful and less contentious to communicate in the way that the majority of the group already do ..... if people want to "fit in" then they have to make some concessions to the current status quo - or perhaps I'm just an old fart - I hate text speak
I agree. TXT'ing makes common sense on a phone, but when you have a full size keyboard at your disposal, the effort to write correctly is much less than the effort required by others to read those cryptic messages. I know I gave up long before I worked out what he was talking about.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Closed Thread