HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:18 AM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jun 2014
10 Posts
Discussion
Nano CP X fly it stock or upgrade?

Being new to Micro Heli's,

my question's, Upgrade or fly it Stock ?.

what art the best upgrades to do and the upgrades not to do?

I here a lot of complaints about the Brushless systems not being worth doing or are there better systems that cost a little more that don't have issues?

Stock swash plates and blade grips, Stock or aluminum, and if Aluminum are installed do you need to upgrade to Brushless to compensate for the extra weight?

Longer tail boom or stock advantages or disadvantages? and is a brushless motor needed if main motor installed is brushless?

Plastic frames or Aluminum or graphite, if upgraded to Alum or graphite is brushless a must?
Any Advise would help.
Thanks in advance.
Keith93611 is offline Find More Posts by Keith93611
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:11 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
Stock Nano is fine. If new to helis then stock is way to go. Noobs like to upgrade even they don't know how to fly. Some bling is fine.
bl kit does work and couple die-hards just keep attacking it. Hey there is a long thread on this heli.. If crappy flyer you crash and stuff breaks. Electic flying nothing is bullet proof, but hey thats show biz.
Flying Nano stock give you time to learn its ways. Bl kit is nice but not needed.
FWIW for me improved a good heli to better heli. These threads can be a help, but also have conflicting reviews. As soon as somebody says yeah, another is there to say nay. Most heli problems are owners fault very quick to blame product. Yes indeed defective stuff. HH stands behind priducts. Save reciets, no reciet and playing game with them then good luck. Legit problems will be fixed by HH.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Jul 18, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:04 AM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jun 2014
10 Posts
Dankar04, Thanks for the info, question, are you referring to Horizon Hobby's when you reference HH ?
Keith93611 is offline Find More Posts by Keith93611
Old Jul 18, 2014, 02:09 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
Yes HH is what many refer to Horizon as. Best in market at this time.
Last edited by dankar04; Jul 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:29 PM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
310 Posts
inn my case I want to upgrade to BL to avoid need to change the brushed main motor every 100+ flights
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:53 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
If you like flying Nano stock you will really like it better with bl upgrade kit.
If you leave it stock each time you replace that $12.00 brushed motor could have went to purchase of bl kit. Colored blades are a big help. I don't buy bling parts. They are not made by Blade and do not have same standards.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 07:05 PM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith93611 View Post
Being new to Micro Heli's,

my question's, Upgrade or fly it Stock ?. Fly it stock and come to your own conclusion

what art the best upgrades to do and the upgrades not to do? That would depend on the individual pilot

I here a lot of complaints about the Brushless systems not being worth doing or are there better systems that cost a little more that don't have issues?I have a BL nano and it has no complaints just praise

Stock swash plates and blade grips, Stock or aluminum, and if Aluminum are installed do you need to upgrade to Brushless to compensate for the extra weight?

Longer tail boom or stock advantages or disadvantages? and is a brushless motor needed if main motor installed is brushless?

Plastic frames or Aluminum or graphite, if upgraded to Alum or graphite is brushless a must?
Any Advise would help.
Thanks in advance.
Just fly it. I wouldn't bother with any 'upgrades' other than batteries until you can fly it without crashing. If you fly these little beasties over grass and hit throttle hold before crashing you should not damage anything. My nano collection is growing almost daily - I really love these little things. I have one completely stock, one mostly stock, one BL with heaps of upgrades and one I am currently building from scratch. The 3 that currently fly all fly similar yet different. I enjoy flying the stock as much as my BL but the stock needs 10 mins between flights and main motor swap every 50 or so flights. The stock nano is a fine flyer, bit twitchy but out of all the micro's I've had it is the only one I've kept. The rest are, in my opinion, mere pretenders to the nanos Crown.
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish