Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Super CP worth buying?

Would the Walkera Super CP be worth buying? How does it do with 3d flying?

Thanks
canadabear07 is offline Find More Posts by canadabear07
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2009
147 Posts
its a fine trainer but for 3d it has low power and the fbl is terrible
IM back! is online now Find More Posts by IM back!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:54 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadabear07 View Post

Thanks
The wk mini-cp is a better option...both are priced at 99 USD body only...the mini has better servos, which will not overheat as easily...Think of the super cp as MiniLite cp....I had both, but gave away the Super cp as a gift...
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Jun 25, 2014, 04:43 AM
Joined Dec 2009
147 Posts
the mini cp v2 suffers the same problems as the super cp. low power, terrible fbl (v1 is ok), and the inability to handle a brushless upgrade of any power. the servos are not really bettery btw they are the same servo just with the controler in the servo. If thats an improvement depends on who you ask.

if it needs to be a 100 sized heli i would recomend in decending order: Blade Mcpx BL > WK Mini cp v1 (with bl upgrade Not v2!) > Skyartec Wasp Nano CPX (rev b is best) > Hisky 100 (with bl upgrade) > Blade MCPX (with bl upgrade).

if a larger size is ok: wk-120d02s > Skyartec Wasp X3V (with 3s) > Align Trex 150 > Blade 130
Last edited by IM back!; Jun 25, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:04 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
For 3D flying, the gyro on the Blades are consistently better than Walkera's. Having said that, the best 3D performers would be either a V120D02S or 130X fitted with a gy280RX receiver followed by the Trex 150. The Super CP will fly basic 3D but is a bit strange. It is very difficult to get tight flips. It is a good inverted trainer though.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 25, 2014, 09:00 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
I have Mini c/p bl V1 flys fine. Recently got two new V120D02s.. love these birds/ My other two sweeties are Nano CP-X with bl upgrade. All above posts are good. I would avoid Skyatec stuff big time. Fragile and TX is worthless except for a few models they make.
Mini c/p is smooth nice flyer but stock just good for basics. V2 has issues with bl upgrades. Mcp-x BL / 130X have issues but work. V120D02s is very nice heli, plus there is new RX available to upgrade to two cell. [gy280 RX]
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:36 AM
Joined Dec 2009
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have Mini c/p bl V1 flys fine. Recently got two new V120D02s.. love these birds/ My other two sweeties are Nano CP-X with bl upgrade. All above posts are good. I would avoid Skyatec stuff big time. Fragile and TX is worthless except for a few models they make.
Mini c/p is smooth nice flyer but stock just good for basics. V2 has issues with bl upgrades. Mcp-x BL / 130X have issues but work. V120D02s is very nice heli, plus there is new RX available to upgrade to two cell. [gy280 RX]
Skyartec's lack of durability is often overstated on this forum. The Wasp nano cp was indeed bad in the begining. but skyartec always slowly improves thair models instead of releasing new ones and my wncpx actualy more durable now than my super cp. The x3v is also very durable for a 250, now that the reciver, bec and tail have all been improved. That said blades and hisky's 100 sized birds trump skyartec's and walkera's micros in durability by a wide margen.

Yes skyartec tx'es are useless so are hisky's and even spectrum when compared with a devo 10 oder maybe a 7e, due to deviation nothing else is worth your money.
Last edited by IM back!; Jun 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:08 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
I sarted to fly just when Devo came out. At that time clones were not big deal V911's and some other similar helis 9958's. Bought them also but wanted to later go c/p. Walkera and Blade were leaders and still are sa far as I am concerned. There was no devo 7e/ Devo 10 back then. I chose both as liked birds they had. X-heli had a deal on Genius c/o w Devo 7 for $112.00 w free shipping. Later at RC contest/ swap meet bought mcp-x new in box/ and used MQX. Traded guy some stuff and got DSM-X DX6i. Bought T9X as WL toys stuff at that time used same protocol, plus wanted a 9ch TX/RX. ,
Today still use these three tx's. No clone c/p's for me as each has different protocol. Plus no bnf/rtf clones over 100 size anyway..why bother. There cheap knock offs anyway. Folks like em cause they be cheap. Defend them to the hilt..hey thatrs fine. somebody has to like sloppy seconds.
Super c/p/ Devo 7e is good deal. I just recieved two V120D02s's and really like them big time. fly them with Two Nano CP-X's with bl kits and pretty much increased fun factor .
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 12:05 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadabear07 View Post

Thanks
Yes, very....I would prefer the Mini-CP of the same brand...light 3D....check videos and pictures at Helipal.com or Ehirobo....to get a better idea.
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker