Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Discussion
BBC Judges it even BUT...

Most politically committed people will claim their man won and the argument can be made both ways.

Mr Biden won on points, perhaps, but his manner may have put off some undecided voters.

He was stronger, more aggressive, more certain of his position - but chuckled, laughed, smiled, grinned at his opponent, in a way that was certainly condescending and that some will have found irritating.

Biden wasn't there to cosy up to Ryan, he was there to deliver a spanking and he did just that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19919988
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Most politically committed people will claim their man won and the argument can be made both ways.

Mr Biden won on points, perhaps, but his manner may have put off some undecided voters.

He was stronger, more aggressive, more certain of his position - but chuckled, laughed, smiled, grinned at his opponent, in a way that was certainly condescending and that some will have found irritating.

Biden wasn't there to cosy up to Ryan, he was there to deliver a spanking and he did just that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19919988
Pretty much what I heard a fellow on PBS who was with Politico say, that the entrenched on both sides would be pleased with their candidate.

I think, as an entrenched liberal who votes Democratic party most of the time, that Biden delivered something which will motivate Democrats to either vote, or for some to volunteer and call folks in swing states, it was an energizing performance, much like Romney's was for the right.

Frankly, I think the Romney Obama debate was rated all out of kilter for what actually transpired. Obama, as president, cannot be as aggressive as either Biden or Romney. He has to remain presidential in manner and decorum.

I also believe the media has, out of self interest, magnified the differences in the first presidential debate. Before that debate, the race was looking out of reach for Romney. They get more viewership from a tight race than an out of kilter race and let's face it, presidential elections, wars, and bad behaving celebrities are about all they have. They had every reason to promote Romney as changing the game..

I don't just say this out of personal bias, my 22 year old son calls me up the next day and says, "I don't understand why people are saying Romney was so good, he was stiff, at times overly-animated, and had a lot of nervous energy, and argued with the moderator almost every time the moderator tried to instruct him to move on." " I don't see it, and don't understand why that was viewed as such a great job."

He is not near as died in the wool as I am, he actually likes some libertarian ideas, although he did vote for Obama when he was 18, he did his own research. He ruled out Hillary in the primary due to her history of trying to get video games censored.
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:32 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
To me Romney sounded like a car salesman while Obama sounded earnest.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:46 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
To me Romney sounded like a car salesman while Obama sounded earnest.
It's Important to be Earnest.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
It's Important to be Earnest.
You made me smile, Michael!
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:53 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
The Importance of being Ernest - ideedie
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
So Biden and Obama are into spanking guys? Was Barney invited?

Maybe that was what that eating grin Biden had was about? Dirty old man.

The problem is Biden was only spanking himself. Looking like a fool to most people isn't winning.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
So Biden and Obama are into spanking guys? Was Barney invited?

Maybe that was what that eating grin Biden had was about? Dirty old man.

The problem is Biden was only spanking himself. Looking like a fool to most people isn't winning.
He was belligerent and unserious best thing is women pick up on this. ya got to love these useful idiots
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Being beligerent, disrespectful, rude and crude isn't what would be considered as delivering a spanking.
Biden looked like an arrogant ass who made it clear that he is a teenage bully in an old man's suit.
Americans saw that come through, loud and clear, and it is that which has emerged true from last night.

In short, it was a "strategy" of aggressiveness that Biden attempted to use to stop the Romney/Ryan bulldozer that starting running over them after the first debate, and it totally backfired on them.
Americans like Biden and Obama less after last night, and that's why early polling shows that the R/R bulldozer is continuing on it's run to the White House.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
And there you have it. Right there.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogel View Post
He was belligerent and unserious best thing is women pick up on this. ya got to love these useful idiots
You are so right and my wife really got upset with Biden's feigned attempt at masculinity, and I do believe the needle on women's vote will change toward Romney Ryan after Biden shameful display.

Another thought on my part was Biden's facial expression looked more pissed off than anything else. The laughing and smirks were an attempt to hide the stress building up. I would hate to have been Biden's dog when he got home.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:33 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Biden looked 'stressed' Lyle

Really

I wish I looked this 'stressed' under that sort of scrutiny
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:45 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Quote:
You are so right and my wife really got upset with Biden's feigned attempt at masculinity, and I do believe the needle on women's vote will change toward Romney Ryan after Biden shameful display.

Another thought on my part was Biden's facial expression looked more pissed off than anything else. The laughing and smirks were an attempt to hide the stress building up. I would hate to have been Biden's dog when he got home.
Why? Did he end up on the roof of the family station wagon?
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Dang, ET, another debate thread? Are you sure you're not mixing it up with MtnGoats and not sheep?

Quote:
Yeppers, ya gots ta be earnest, even down ta da SMILE:

Neocons, the gift that keeps on giving...

--Bill
Proud MINUS (-) Member
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:16 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Why? Did he end up on the roof of the family station wagon?
Qual.
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau