HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I installed Benmlee's tail clutch for testing last night. This mornings flight was really solid. No tail movement on full pitch climbouts or mild 3D maneuvers. Parts were precise and there were no balance issues at all after installation.

I also experimented with the KKDD blades with the TA915 motor and the pitch up was too unpredictable to keep flying her that way. So I decided to lighten up the stock blades (since the heli is super stable with them but the flip and roll rates were slow) by drilling holes in them and covering them with clear tape. The stock blades weighed in at 4.5g and now the modified blades weigh 3.7g. The flip and roll rates are very good and there are no issues with FFF. Nice. We will see how she handles Manny flying her this weekend.
Good job & good to see a few holes reduced the weight so far! I was hoping to get them down to 3.1g (the weight of a 4g6 foamy) but hadnt got round to it as I'm still not 3D'ing at low altitudes --- or at all at the moment since wintery Autumn has set in. Now I'm buzzing my Nano round the house which is decidedly too small for my skills.

Can I ask how much cyclic pitch travel you get on your V2. I currently get ~38.5mm travel at blade tips which with a 134mm blade length only gives me about 8 degrees pitch - if my maths is good. I had read 11* was where the 3D flyers like it but I just cant see how I can get it without binding somewhere ... Even the top part of the swash against the mainshaft. Maybe the 11* was a figure from the 4G6 / D02 days.

Anyway glad the lightened blades perked it up some I'll definitely be drilling a bashed up pair for testing in the spring.

Oh and BTW Thanks for the 130x maintenance info ... more food for thought.
rangebound is offline Find More Posts by rangebound
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:27 AM
asp
Spain, CN, La Oliva
Joined Apr 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
A lil off subject but figured you guys might like my pet Arctic fox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YLPQjdpdI
Wonderful flohio!
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Wonderful flohio!
+1 Thats one cute cool critter. Good Vid too
rangebound is offline Find More Posts by rangebound
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:27 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
A lil off subject but figured you guys might like my pet Arctic fox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YLPQjdpdI
Cool pet, looks very playful (watch your fingers ) good video!
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:23 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Wonderful flohio!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
+1 Thats one cute cool critter. Good Vid too
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Cool pet, looks very playful (watch your fingers ) good video!
Thanks guys hes pretty fun and keeps you on your toes he won't bite my fingers off he really loves us n only playbites I can stick my hand in his mouth n he'll just lick me lol he's a good boy but sometimes he's pretty crazy and runs a million mph around the house lol.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:30 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
Thanks, I tried looking but could find exact instructions on how to do it specifically for the V120D02S. Do I just make the cut through the entire horn opposite the arm?

I ordered 5 Airy gear sets from a seller on Ebay last week just incase, but I'd rather have the servo saver mod done instead so that I don't have to put the servo out and replace the gears. Thank you for the tip though.

I just got my bird in the air today and it flies great, very smooth and easy to control. I'm having two issues though, one of which I couldn't find an answer to when searching this thread.

1.) Tail twitching/vibrations - seems like a usual occurance, doesn't bother me too much so I guess it's alright.

2.) Motor seems to govern (not sure if this is the right word) itself at one consistant throttle percentage regardless of transmitter input. My current throttle curve is 0-25-50-100, but anything above 25% throttle feels/sounds exactly the same as 100% throttle input. Switching to idle up (100-95-100) makes no difference in the sound of the motor, and I can't perceive any change in head speed either. I'm not sure if this is normal, but the heli also bogs pretty badly whenever I pitch pump with only 50% pitch travel. Has anybody experienced this?
I replied earlier that I could hear a difference in the sound of the motor, but that was with my 3 axis versions. I received my first new version 6 axis yesterday & I also can't perceive any change in head speed. I'll be able to test fly it after work today & see if it has a bogging issue also.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
This is gonna hurt.........
USA, OR, Sandy
Joined Mar 2009
242 Posts
Well guys, I"ve been flying the bird for several weeks now. Seem to like it with the 130X blades or the KBDD blades best. I'm also now flying the ACE upgrade motor. Lots of power and loving it full out.
The one thing I can't seem to get rid of is how this thing does NOT want to piro in place at all. Seems no matter how I set the gains the tail wants to dip down and it gets all ugly doing any type of piro move. In place piros are pretty much out of the question so piro flips or piro loops just don't work at all. I'm starting to think that I need to try the 3 Axis gyro and be rid of the 6 axis one if this is the issue. Anyone else have this problem? It's done it from day one bone stock and along with any upgrade done. I have checked the CG and it's spot on now, but still it does not piro worth a darn. Before I go and spend the dough on the 3 axis gyro, I would like to know if it will fix the issue.
nwcudaman is offline Find More Posts by nwcudaman
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcudaman View Post
Well guys, I"ve been flying the bird for several weeks now. Seem to like it with the 130X blades or the KBDD blades best. I'm also now flying the ACE upgrade motor. Lots of power and loving it full out.
The one thing I can't seem to get rid of is how this thing does NOT want to piro in place at all. Seems no matter how I set the gains the tail wants to dip down and it gets all ugly doing any type of piro move. In place piros are pretty much out of the question so piro flips or piro loops just don't work at all. I'm starting to think that I need to try the 3 Axis gyro and be rid of the 6 axis one if this is the issue. Anyone else have this problem? It's done it from day one bone stock and along with any upgrade done. I have checked the CG and it's spot on now, but still it does not piro worth a darn. Before I go and spend the dough on the 3 axis gyro, I would like to know if it will fix the issue.
As far as I know, no helis of this class have piro compensation with their FBL system, whether it is the 130X or V120D02S. Some people have put in more advanced FBL units in there such as the micro Rondo or even the BeastX with a Spektrum satellite receiver The mirco Rondo had a Walkera edition that take Walkera servo plugs. But I am not sure whether it has piro compensation. The person to ask is Jeff Barrett of rchelicanada.com
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:10 PM
This is gonna hurt.........
USA, OR, Sandy
Joined Mar 2009
242 Posts
I don't know why it would need any comp. It acts like there is some mixing in there that gives elevator input with the rudder. Really odd thing. Slow or fast, this bird just will not piro in place on the main shaft. It just tilts and falls out of shape really bad. Makes for some harder 3D just about a deal breaker to be able to do. As much as I hate the 130X, It does not do this.
nwcudaman is offline Find More Posts by nwcudaman
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
That's how walkera sucks u in to buy mor parts..... I love this bird to t max as a practice heli.... But ever since I started on with the 250dfc, I don't tend to fly it as much anymore even though I have 3 of them. The feeling is just different n it is hard to predict where it is going to fall when doing 3ds....but all in all, it is a nice heli to b honest. Kept me company for the last 10 months.
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Taiwan, Hsinchu City
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
I also use KBDD blades, see the video I recorded with 3 axis gyro RX2622V, there were both slow piro and inverted slow piro. Is that what you want or not?
Walkera V120D02S tic toc practice II (1 min 42 sec)
Grant Litmanen is offline Find More Posts by Grant Litmanen
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
Taiwan, Hsinchu City
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
I don't know why it would need any comp. It acts like there is some mixing in there that gives elevator input with the rudder. Really odd thing. Slow or fast, this bird just will not piro in place on the main shaft. It just tilts and falls out of shape really bad. Makes for some harder 3D just about a deal breaker to be able to do. As much as I hate the 130X, It does not do this.
You got the point. If they did what you want, the elevator will mix with rudder to compensate the shift of piro. But Walkera only give us a very simple type of gyro that only stable the direction of yaw axis when piro. The tilt plane of hover will make the shift in piro. If you like, turn the plane to exact horizontal (of cousre it will drift a little whenever one do this) and start full speed piro, the bird will keep in place for two or three turns.
Grant Litmanen is offline Find More Posts by Grant Litmanen
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:43 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Anyone tried or know if the Rx/gyro of this thing can be used in bigger helis. I'm thinking 250 size as flybarless control unit.
Xascent is offline Find More Posts by Xascent
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xascent View Post
Anyone tried or know if the Rx/gyro of this thing can be used in bigger helis. I'm thinking 250 size as flybarless control unit.
I am sure it can be used and WOW sold servo conversion leads for that. But honestly, don't do it. There are much better options around. If you must use a Walkera rx, you can try the RX2618 or the new rx2703H-D instead.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xascent View Post
I would suggest just using a Walkera stand alone receiver and a separate flybarless unit. A ZYX tarot would probably be a better choice because it is more programmable.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk