HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
United States, OH, Pickerington
Joined Nov 2014
8 Posts
New Product
BuddyRC New P-51 750mm Mustang

I seen at the Horizon Indoor Fest that BuddyRC had some new planes on their display. Im kind of a sucker for WWII warplanes and for $90 at the Dome I thought I would give it a try. I purchased the Top RC 750mm P-51D Mustang
Name: received_4729678776963.jpeg
Views: 8
Size: 244.4 KB
Description:

To start off I had an issue with the original ESC. I went over to the BuddyRC booth and they immediately without question gave me a replacement ESC. Other than that there was no issues. Its seems like a very solid plane for $90. I tried to maiden in the Dome which was a big mistake. The area just isn't large enough to tweak in the plane, especially with all those other planes around. So it went on the table to wait for a nice outdoor flying day.

Today was the Nice outdoor flying kind of day. A little cold but Flyable none the less. I originally put the plane in the air on the 1st flight with the 2S 1000 mah Glacier that is recommended in the instruction. It flew ok but VERY touchy. Even with the DR down and expo up. The second flight I still used the 2S 1000mah battery but this time I moved the elevator rod to the middle hole on the elevator Control Horn. MUCH better. Fly's like a dream now with one exception I just wasn't getting a whole lot of flight time (3 Min) and the plane was just a bit slow.

Last flight of the day. Not a lot to loose here. Plane is cheap and parts are even cheaper on this plane so I decided I'm going to go for it and throw my 3S 1300mah battery in it and see what she does (its a tight fit). WOW. Its whole new plane. Its not a rocketship but its fast and its fun to fly. I think I'm going to try the 1200mm Geebee R3R next.
Electric_hertz is offline Find More Posts by Electric_hertz
Last edited by Electric_hertz; Yesterday at 04:02 PM. Reason: Bad information
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,512 Posts
Quote:
I moved the elevator rod to the middle hole on the elevator Control Horn. MUCH better. If your new to flying you might even want to consider moving it to the first hole closest to the elevator

Moving the rod towards the control surface will give more throw, not less, which would make a touchy plane even more so (unless you add more expo)
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM
United States, OH, Pickerington
Joined Nov 2014
8 Posts
You are correct, but I did not add any more expo on the second flight. Just changed the control horn position. Not sure why but it worked for me. On the first flight that thing was all over the place.
Electric_hertz is offline Find More Posts by Electric_hertz
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,312 Posts
Those are the same ones that Hitec sells
http://hitecrcd.com/products/airplan...bird-2/product
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis