HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2014, 01:56 AM
Joined Oct 2005
571 Posts
Discussion
SkyHunter vs Hercules Wing

I have already done my homework going through the 2 specific SH and Hercules thread, but would any owner please tell me what would be a reasonable choice between those 2 for professional orthophotography, come rain or come shine ?

Until now, all others things being equal, the only advantage I can see toward the Hercules is a higher resistance to potential shocks. Stability, crosswinds resistance, lifting capacity ( 4x 5000 4s) seem to be the same for both models.

In that case the Hercules would be a winner for me as the only default for the SH seems to not cope so well with hard landings which may occur one day or another...

What is your experience ?
philgib is online now Find More Posts by philgib
Last edited by philgib; Jan 09, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2014, 04:17 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2011
575 Posts
I have only been flying the sky hunter for a short time and I flew the x8 for a year or so.
If I was in your position Id go with a wing type aircraft. Most of the professional orthography
systems I have seen have been wing type aircraft. I think you should make a list of what
capability you need and make your choice from there.
Artful Owl is offline Find More Posts by Artful Owl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: :-(
Old Jan 09, 2014, 07:27 AM
Joined Oct 2005
571 Posts
Thx.

I want something exactly like the Sky Hunter but rock solid :-)

Rocks can't fly, I know
philgib is online now Find More Posts by philgib