HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2014, 04:46 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycctx View Post
I can't figure out how to zoom in and save the video to youtube using Final Cut Pro. Are there bugs or birds that can take off from a house and fly over 800 feet in 1 second? I swear the UFO left a house over 1000 ft and passed by my P2 in under 2 seconds. I can see it if I zoom in 200%. Anyone know how to publish it using Final Cut pro?
I'm with Tia on this being a bug at close proximity. These wide angle lenses don't see small things well from a distance. I vote for a small thing up close, but still, unrelated to the crash.
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2014, 04:53 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
852 Posts
I think aliens zapped cowboys Phantom with a cosmic ray gun.
Bravia3D is online now Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Old May 02, 2014, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
I think aliens zapped cowboys Phantom with a cosmic ray gun.
I was in the woods looking for my P2 for a long time but I swear it was on a minute or two. Man my chair is uncomfortable today.
cowboycctx is offline Find More Posts by cowboycctx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FreeX Skyview Review
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 02, 2014, 05:01 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
852 Posts

Stop flying in our airspace!
Bravia3D is online now Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Old May 02, 2014, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
That's what I thought. All motors spin up and blades don't have a scratch on them. You can see the compass was intact on the way down it got ripped apart during the crash. I was fly forward at the time and it looks like the first sign of trouble the camera flipped up and the P2 rolled forwarded for some reason. Here is the video frame by frame if you're interested. Look at .13 to .15 seconds, there is a UFO just before the crash. It almost looks like something shot at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKeH8_05kk
Ok look at the row of houses on the left side of the woods I was flying over. The house at the far end has a black roof. At time :13 there is a flash, that is where the object originated from. the next frame you will see the object is slightly over 1second and about 1000 feet from that house. You need to go full screen to see it.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cowboycctx; May 02, 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add picture
Old May 02, 2014, 06:34 PM
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Jan 2013
95 Posts
Quote:
Ok look at the row of houses on the left side of the woods I was flying over. The house at the far end has a black roof. At time :13 there is a flash, that is where the object originated from. the next frame you will see the object is slightly over 1second and about 1000 feet from that house. You need to go full screen to see it.
Perhaps someone fired an airsoft rifle at your craft, since you say you regularly fly in that area they might have decided to spoil your fun. They shoot a while colored projectile. Just an idea.
tmaxxtigger is offline Find More Posts by tmaxxtigger
Old May 02, 2014, 06:37 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jul 2005
128 Posts
maybe some one was shooting a pellet gun at it and hit it? any small pin holes in the frame or gimbal?
upperking is offline Find More Posts by upperking
Old May 02, 2014, 06:46 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperking View Post
maybe some one was shooting a pellet gun at it and hit it? any small pin holes in the frame or gimbal?
I've looked and looked but I can't find any physical damage other that the landing gear and it looks like the landing gear was broken during the fall through the trees.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2014, 06:50 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxxtigger View Post
Perhaps someone fired an airsoft rifle at your craft, since you say you regularly fly in that area they might have decided to spoil your fun. They shoot a while colored projectile. Just an idea.
That could be, just reading on one and it shoots 750 feet per second that would be about the right timing of the object in the video.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2014, 07:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
519 Posts
Quote:
No I was just flying a wide circle about 100m high. I already have flown the P2 without the gimbal and it flies perfect. I had a Phantom 1 I stole the compass off of.

Everything is the same equipment except I replace the broken compass and the one landing gear. All I did was install the new compass and re-calibrate. Flew one battery and could not get it to crash. I still think a UFO attack it. lol.
Actually I was talking about the projectile. And I also saw that flash I thought it was a muscle flash of some sort but replaying a couple of times make me rethink whether it was a reflection or something.

A failure induced by Over Load on gimbal is alarming
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old May 02, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Oct 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
That could be, just reading on one and it shoots 750 feet per second that would be about the right timing of the object in the video.
The odds of a pellet gun hitting a moving/flying object at 1000 feet are virtually non existent and they do not produce a flash. That's over 300 yards and would be a difficult shot by a marksman with a high power rifle with a scope and a bullet flying at 3000 feet per second. There would definitely be some easily recognizable impact damage to. I would agree with the others that there was a major technical malfunction.
tommy52 is offline Find More Posts by tommy52
Old May 02, 2014, 08:18 PM
Joined Aug 2013
44 Posts
iOSD Mini Giveaway!

Just wanted to let you guys know about a giveaway for a DJI iOSD Mini on our Instagram going on right now. Just follow, like and tag to enter. Thanks. www.instagram.com/thedjiguy
jacobclackey is offline Find More Posts by jacobclackey
Old May 02, 2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy52 View Post
The odds of a pellet gun hitting a moving/flying object at 1000 feet are virtually non existent and they do not produce a flash. That's over 300 yards and would be a difficult shot by a marksman with a high power rifle with a scope and a bullet flying at 3000 feet per second. There would definitely be some easily recognizable impact damage to. I would agree with the others that there was a major technical malfunction.
I really don't think it was shot. Since it seems to fly fine now without the gimbal, I do think the gimbal brought it down somehow and maybe its also why we are see other unexplained crashes. We need to try to track these crash and keep a list of what equipment installed.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2014, 10:08 PM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,077 Posts
I have just flown my P2 with the 3.2 upgrade. Also calibrated the compass prior to flight. All seems normal, couldn't detect any abnormalities. Flew the quad down to 2 bars all good.
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old May 02, 2014, 10:37 PM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2013
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagobaracho View Post
Hi my friend.... I believe the object is a small kind of bug, bees or something... he was flying forward fast at that point so the velocity may be just relative velocity... and the insect may have nothing to do with it.. I believe if it had, we would have heard something hitting hard at that point...
Hi Tia,

I am with you, that initial flying object did not hit the craft ( but it was damned close and perhaps there was a second "object or shot which hit the gimbal"!), but i too think a electrical glitch is the culprit, we will see. But a bug, no dont think so, as you can see it from greater distance approching at .12.
Anyway i stay far from upgrading as my P2 flies just fine and (no air and 2 m/s decent limitations and some unstable flying reports on 3.02)
Wouterjansen60 is offline Find More Posts by Wouterjansen60
Last edited by Wouterjansen60; May 04, 2014 at 06:56 AM.