HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrojets View Post
Have connected the rangelink to the rf module but one question though, how do I power up the rangelink fr
source from the rf pins, u need connect to the switched +BAT.

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
263 Posts
If I were to Desolder the two diodes, I can use the dsc port as the ppm output of the tx? Have connected the rangelink to the rf module but one question though, how do I power up the rangelink from an external source as right now I'm tapping power out from my tx's battery. Have tried connecting deans to the positive and negative terminal of the wires but it seems that the batt I connected to the deans is powering up my tx as well. Is there a way to power up the tx and rangelink tx separately?
pyrojets is offline Find More Posts by pyrojets
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrojets View Post
If I were to Desolder the two diodes, I can use the dsc port as the ppm output of the tx? Have connected the rangelink to the rf module but one question though, how do I power up the rangelink from an external source as right now I'm tapping power out from my tx's battery. Have tried connecting deans to the positive and negative terminal of the wires but it seems that the batt I connected to the deans is powering up my tx as well. Is there a way to power up the tx and rangelink tx separately?
If I were to Desolder the two diodes, I can use the dsc port as the ppm output of the tx?
>no, and also some jr dsc just out 4ch ppm signal. so you no need to remove the diode.

Is there a way to power up the tx and rangelink tx separately?[/QUOTE]
>
rangelink tx R/C port
1-GND --------> GND (radio rf pin)
2-PPM --------> PPM (radio rf pin)
3-v+ --------->battery + (extra 3s lipo)
4-GND --------->battery - (extra 3s lipo)

Sid
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:32 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2010
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hi, just wanna to know how many people use the futaba 12FG - 12Z - 14MZ for FPV, and what make YOU GUYS wanna to use the 12ch on FPV? I dont have any one of them, but i know on the 12ch mode, not a stardand ppm stream out on the trainer port. if it really important for u, i think i can modify rangelink fw make it support this. just need to find a 12FG radio.
Sid
A lot of people use Futaba T8-T12-T14 for FPV, and many more will do in the future.
We do because we need more than 8 ch in some gliders (they have lots of servos to be controlled), in helicopters and multirotors with camera gimbals, and in any aircraft with camera control, lights, retracts and osd switch.

Some models just need more than 8 ch.
A good way to find a t12fg radio is buying one.

Anyway, what's the command resolution of Rangelink receivers?
jhoexp is online now Find More Posts by jhoexp
Last edited by jhoexp; Jan 04, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:14 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoexp View Post
A lot of people use Futaba T8-T12-T14 for FPV, and many more will do in the future.
We do because we need more than 8 ch in some gliders (they have lots of servos to be controlled), in helicopters and multirotors with camera gimbals, and in any aircraft with camera control, lights, retracts and osd switch.

Some models just need more than 8 ch.
A good way to find a t12fg radio is buying one.

Anyway, what's the command resolution of Rangelink receivers?
Ok,thanks, i will do it,

I need to make all rangelink user happy...

what's the command resolution of Rangelink receivers?
>9bit

Sid
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:26 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Sid,

I think there are some people among us who would like to upgrade for various reasons. In my case it's the headtracker input feature, the built in filters, and the fact that the same ID can be assigned to multiple transmitter modules.

Why not think about an upgrade offer? Something like a discount along with sending in the old stuff? I definately would be interested.

Markus
Hi, Markus, chainlink OEM by bevrc, maybe i need to find an idea to help you guys upgrade from chainlink to rangelink.

Sid
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:31 AM
Team Flying Pirates
Joined Nov 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Hi, Markus, chainlink OEM by bevrc, maybe i need to find an idea to help you guys upgrade from chainlink to rangelink.

Sid
but in terms of performance what is the difference? more range? i dont think so.. i think the best uprade will be 1w output power...
_ELLIOT_ is offline Find More Posts by _ELLIOT_
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:48 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ELLIOT_ View Post
but in terms of performance what is the difference? more range? i dont think so.. i think the best uprade will be 1w output power...
What and flood the air even more. Buy a good transmitter antenna as that will give more range than going from 500mw to 1watt.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:51 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,292 Posts
Quote:

Sid
Many of us brought the first version of chainlink. Oh when are you coming out with more receivers sizes?

I would love a 6-8 channel with side pins ... all futatba can handle anyway
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,853 Posts
Quote:

Sid
Sid,

I'm aware that BEVRc probably earned most of the money by those deals, but for me at least I don't want to buy anything important there anymore based on the service experience we could gain with this adventure. Then, and that's very important, your support is the way it should be.

Buying from scratch is a bit hard. How about an upgrade kit that say includes a transmitter only, and the work needed to upgrade the existing chainlink recivers one have so as they work with ranglink? If you then have an idea to do this so that those going this route can continue to fly, I'm pretty sure you would have a winner.

Problem is if we have to buy new, the question remains what to do with the chainlink. Selling it on ebay? An option, but such customers soon would find themselfes in the same boat. So a true upgrade, that renders the old tx module useless, keeping the investments made into the recivers but also saves some money over buying new seems to me to be the best way.

I'm however open to your ideas, and thanks for at least considering this.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
Many of us brought the first version of chainlink. Oh when are you coming out with more receivers sizes?

I would love a 6-8 channel with side pins ... all futatba can handle anyway
I highly doubt it would make sense for Sid to also make such new recivers for the older system. I think a good upgrade path would be better.

Just my 2 of course.

Markus
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:05 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
I'm happy with my original chainlink.

My concern is if I buy new cl recivers and they are not cvompatible with rl and eventually my cl tx breaks. I have expensive recievers that are now useless.

So ideally I'd like cl recivers to be compatable with rl. And perhaps be able to send cl tx t sid and he upgrades it if possible.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Apr 2011
263 Posts
Is it ok if the maximum RSSI voltage is 2.690V and the minimum RSSI voltage is at 0.010v? Thank you.
pyrojets is offline Find More Posts by pyrojets
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:12 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post

My concern is if I buy new cl recivers and they are not cvompatible with rl and eventually my cl tx breaks. I have expensive recievers that are now useless.

So ideally I'd like cl recivers to be compatable with rl. And perhaps be able to send cl tx t sid and he upgrades it if possible.

All bought from me, chainlink v2 can be upgrade to rangelink rx by yourself. (usb2ttl), about v1,the who bought rangelink , i offer a service,that is rx free upgrade to rangelink rx.but u need pay the shipping cost.

BTW, even your chainlink tx broken, also repairable.

Sid
Last edited by sid.huang; Jan 04, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post

We are basically sitting in the same boat then. I'm happy with the CL, but the lack of future for this system is what concernes me most.

We should not forget though that it was BevRc who sold us the units and as such Sid should find a way which is ok for him (money wise) but also for us. As such a "maximum expectation attitude" on our end is probably not the way to go. But as you, I also like to protect the investment into the recivers and most imporantly having a situation where I also can take profit of new developements (like i.e. smaller recivers etc.). I'm willing to pay for this, but again, buying totally new is something I like to avoid as it would an otherwise working system (CL) render useless which is ethically not ok.

Markus