HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2014, 06:47 AM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Laneritc... I see you have a parkzone 18amp esc in your wing. I have the stock motor in my 900 popwing. Do you think it would be big enough for mine?

Word of caution on your battery to esc adaptor connector. I have stopped using the ones with the wires in between the plugs. I have found that some come not soldered very well and come apart under the wrap and you can't see it till it's too late. Also the other blue EC3 end I could push pull the wires like they was just crimped inside. I have had several crashes before I figured out why my motor and controls cut out. I'm going to try the battery to esc connectors that have no wires, like a plug. I see them on ebay. I'm just thankful my crashes didn't happen on one of my bigger more expensive planes. I was using these connectors on several of my planes.
Happy Fly'n... Capt'n

Oh, I use the prop saver that came with the popwing. 2 summers fly'n her with the same prop that came with her. And I'm putting it on my new one I'm putting together.
mycaptain, I put a lot of flights on my wing with the stock AS2208-15 T-motor. Never had any issues with the motor or ESC. I think the 18amp should work fine. I have since upgraded my to the HURC 400zoom motor with a 40amp ESC, really added some nice power to it. I have used a 11.1v 2200mah 30c battery with both motors. Hope this info helps! Lane
Laneritc is offline Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:11 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moteasa View Post
How's that work? You just keep bumping it until it stops horizontal? Mine usually stops wherever it feels like it.
First thing ESC should have "Brake on"!

Second thing is my prop stops also where it wants. But if the prop stops vertical, i give some throttle hoping it will stop horizontal. I do this until it stops horizontal.

Then let it glide for landing.
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Nov 18, 2014, 04:50 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,233 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=6035

Better props instead of the GWS 6030 for the Bonsai and the 1811-2900kv.

Comes with adapter rings. Well balanced.
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:19 AM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
316 Posts
Battery Adapter Connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneritc View Post
mycaptain, I put a lot of flights on my wing with the stock AS2208-15 T-motor. Never had any issues with the motor or ESC. I think the 18amp should work fine. I have since upgraded my to the HURC 400zoom motor with a 40amp ESC, really added some nice power to it. I have used a 11.1v 2200mah 30c battery with both motors. Hope this info helps! Lane
Ahoy Laneritc! Thank you for your response. I'm going to get one at my lhs soon. I'm waiting for a couple of battery adapter connecters to come by mail. NO WIRES in these. I got a batch of 5 that had wires in between the plugs and 3 of them had lose wires inside the plugs. I will post a picture later today for you folks to check yours if using them as to what to look for. Hopefully before it's too late. I won't be using any with wires in between them anymore.
Capt'n
mycaptain is online now Find More Posts by mycaptain
Last edited by mycaptain; Nov 23, 2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: pictures