HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:38 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
I feel like ranting about the nano's again now they are broken in. Its the 35-70C and still has less power than the 30C zippy, so i'm not impressed with their new tech.
Was gonna order some of them with a new charger as well,im shocked,,i would except the same performance as the the zippy but not less really not good,,are they lighter than the zippy as well ???
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:41 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 126jp View Post
I'm in. But I guess I missed the cake.
I was thinking of doing the cake thing bi monthly and having a camp fire with optional night fly comp with the prize of a second piece of cake for the winner
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:45 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Hey, people, lets take it easy and not fill up this thread too fast, now, mmkey?

sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:48 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Yeah but he is giving away cake
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:03 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
thats going to be one expencive cake , he is in the UK
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:34 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
The issue with using a 4s is weight, generally they are much heavier than a 3s that will fly as long.

This means that with a 4s you'll wind up having to add weight to the tail (literally weights of some type) in order to correct the center of gravity for the helicopter.

3s 2650 mah are about the largest batteries you're going to want to use on your helicopter. With a 212 gram battery (weight of the 2650) you'll wind up having to be extremely creative with mounting your electronics to get it to balance.

With the Flightmax 3s 2200mah 25c that most people use they are the perfect weight to balance the chopper out.
My RCModelpart 2800 mAh 3S are a lot lighter than that .. in fact lighter than my 2280 mAh 3S GE pack ....

2800 pack :

2280 pack :

I'm actually thinking to go even bigger on capacity if I can get it under 200gr.

Oh the pair of 2800's I bought of Ebay came to about $20 incl shipping.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
Portugal, Lisboa, Lisboa
Joined Mar 2009
124 Posts
Are you sure the battery is 2800mAh?
cruzado is offline Find More Posts by cruzado
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:39 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Weight really depends on cell density. The higher the C rating (cell density) and the storage capacity, the heavier the pack is.

I'd say that it's hard to believe that pack is a true 2800 30c pack at that weight, simply because so many manufacturers make these packs with identical chemistry that it's really not possible for someone to make them lighter. There is usually a variance of 20 grams or so from one manufacturer to another, but 40 grams lighter is stretching it a bit.

Edit:

For reference a Zippy Flightmax with the same stats weighs 231 grams! So somehow the maker of your battery has found a way to drop the weight by 68 grams without lowering the capacity or max output of the battery and is selling it for $5 less than inferior batteries? Something doesn't add up here.

Edit 2:

Here's the same battery on Ebay that you are showing in your picture. Its net weight is listed as 204 grams, and that's without connectors! It's also priced at $24.35 for the single battery.

Final Edit:

Here's the listing for their 3s 2200mah battery on the manufacturer's page. They list the weight without connectors for a 3s 2200mah as 163 grams.

http://www.rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=634

Looks like someone possibly ripped you off.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Last edited by Barak1001; Nov 10, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Joined Oct 2003
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
I'd save some cash and get the HK450MT they're in stock and $10 less!
They fly really well out of the box!
Nothing wrong with the 2215 motor either plenty of power on mine, also the 401 clone is a really good gyro if you get a good one. Mine holds the tail rock solid! When you get good enough for 3d you might need another but you might not want to 3d it!
Get a couple of sets of blades too
simjen is offline Find More Posts by simjen
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:46 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
got in from hobby king the corona 919 digital servos for around 5.00 each, everywhere else there selling for between 9.00 and 14.00. i was a bit worried because of the low price but after recieving them today they are definitly digital as they say that on the box and on the servo . if you used corona servos before and had the mg digital919 and want more ,Hobby King has them dirt cheap . i think the price may be a missprint so i bet they will probably go up in price.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
I've got 3 of them on the way, will be interesting to try something else than hxt900 on cyclics.

I suspect the hxt900 has bad overshoot from visual bench-testing and seeing how the bird flies. And it seems to be worse in one direction! Hoping this will be better.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:31 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Was gonna order some of them with a new charger as well,im shocked,,i would except the same performance as the the zippy but not less really not good,,are they lighter than the zippy as well ???
The Nanotech Lipo's are lighter and smaller than the standard Turnigy Lipo's. My 2200mah 3S 25C Nanotech's have less power and a much higher internal resistance than my standard Turnigy 20C, and the 2200mah 3S 45C Nanotech's have less power than the standard Turnigy 40C.

The standard 40C has the same internal resistance when charged but a lower internal resistance than the Nanotech, at 80% discharge, so they maintain a flatter voltage during discharge. Using the Hitec Aurora 9's timers and telemetry, the 45C Nanotech's reaches 3.5V per cell in a shorter time than the Standard 40C Lipo's. All the cells have been broken in.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:11 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABAL99 View Post
HI FRIENDS

here is the new HK 450 thread (last page of the old one was : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6255&page=1190)

ENJOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorJohn View Post
Sticky request:
On the first thread I followed for the E-sky Honey Bee King V2, the first post for the thread was a set of basic info such as settings linkage lengths, and (some) radio settings. It was designed to let a newb have a chance to get set up without having to search the thread for the info. It also had links to some of Finless Bob's videos, and other setup tutorials and info. Would there be any interest in starting such a posting here?

I am not trying to create work for someone else, just asking at this point. If needed, I would be willing to edit in information if it was sent to me. You guys seem to know the HK 450 very well, and we could all benefit from the expertise in this way.

The other option is to keep this a discussion only, Q&A only thread.

Opinions?

Happy flying. John

Addendum: Would appreciate having a section that clarifies differences between models such as the MT, PRO, V2, or other configs with specific differences from the basic model. A cress reference to Align parts or to parts by dimension would help. Too ambitious?
I'll subscribe to your "church". I'll be in the "choir" and stand behind you singing your "song", because I think you have a great "sermon".

In my opinion, the "word(s)" should be easy for all lost "souls" to find (front page - first post?) by themselves.

Who is KABAL99? Is he a regular? Will he volunteer the extra effort to update the front page - first post, and be our Saviour in time of need? Will he be here for the long haul, come judgement day?

I think the best choice, is whoever has the wisdom and strength to keep up maintining the first post, should start the new thread, and the "sheep" will follow.

I'm just a lamb in the wilderness, and am looking for the Shepard to guide myself to safety.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Nov 10, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:13 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
The Nanotech Lipo's are lighter and smaller than the standard Turnigy Lipo's. My 2200mah 3S 25C Nanotech's have less power and a much higher internal resistance than my standard Turnigy 20C, and the 2200mah 3S 45C Nanotech's have less power than the standard Turnigy 40C.

The standard 40C has the same internal resistance when charged but a lower internal resistance than the Nanotech, at 80% discharge, so they maintain a flatter voltage during discharge. Using the Hitec Aurora 9's timers and telemetry, the 45C Nanotech's reaches 3.5V per cell in a shorter time than the Standard 40C Lipo's. All the cells have been broken in.
Really dont know why people try and rip others off to make a quick buck? in the rc forums the word travels soooo fast it will dammage their sales and their reputation Was just looking at them again,,they have some info on them like sizes,weight,mah,ect,,do any of these specs tally up with what you have or is it all just made up bull ?
Last edited by Magic k2; Nov 10, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:54 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I'll subscribe to your "church". I'll be in the "choir" and stand behind you, because I think you have a great idea.

In my opinion, the "word(s)" should be easy for all lost "souls" to find (front page - first post?) by themselves.

Who is KABAL99? Is he a regular? Will he volunteer the extra effort to update the front page - first post, and be our Saviour in time of need? Will he be here for the long haul, come judgement day?

I think the best choice, is whoever has the wisdom and strength to keep up maintining the first post, should start the new thread, and the "sheep" will follow.

I'm just a sheep, and am looking for the Shepard.
pastorjohn and i812 there is a place like this , its in a sticky at the top , all the links and ideas of others are there to lead you to a answer . but if your lazy like me just ask in a thread , i am pretty sure anyone could answer the question. btw there has been some shorthand/texting in the new forum i need a translator