SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2008, 08:41 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
Great!
A 10A fuse between the two Deans (gray wire) would prevent damage in case of accidental connector swapping on either side.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2008, 09:01 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Hmm, interesting thought. For me it wouldn't work as I use the same Y-cable for flying and charging and when flying, a lot more than 10A is flowing!
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old May 15, 2008, 09:45 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
I wouldn't work for me neither, since I use 4mm bullet connectors. Very easy to do the serial connection, also the wrong way !

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old May 16, 2008, 02:59 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello all,
Good news!!!
The new software upgrading file is published here!
See the attachment PDF.file.
Hope this file can do help to your chargers!

Attention:Some modifications to the iC1010B_V302.bin and iC106B_V302.bin:
1, Press the STOP botton, power the charger and it will enter into the waiting process!(You can active the PC to enter into the upgrading progress, only for 1010B)
2,we have changed the function of automatically clear the charging information for NiMH,NiCd when the battery removed to continue displaying the charging information even the battery removed! Kgfly, itís really kind of you to give us such valuable information.
You can download its software in the following website:
http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/upgrader_v10.exe

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old May 16, 2008, 03:05 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello all,
The new software upgrading file is published here!
Attention:Some modifications to the iC1010B_V302.bin and iC106B_V302.bin:
1, Press the STOP botton, power the charger and it will enter into the waiting process!(You can active the PC to enter into the upgrading progress, only for 1010B)
So after the update, the jumper to initiate Update is no longer needed? Good Idea! I hope, my RS232-TTL Cable will be delivered, soon

Thanks,
- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old May 16, 2008, 03:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Junsi this is great, thank you

I did not quite understand something.

Quote:
1, Press the STOP botton, power the charger and it will enter into the waiting process!
OK, so this new feature to enter the download waiting mode will work on both the 1010B andr the 106B, correct ?

Is it safe to simple remove the power to the charger in this mode so long as no download has been started ?

Quote:
You can active the PC to enter into the upgrading progress, only for 1010B
I do not understand what you mean ? Is it that the download progress display in the Upgrader window on the PC will only be active for the 1010B ?

Quote:
We have changed the function of automatically clear the charging information for NiMH,NiCd when the battery removed to continue displaying the charging information even the battery removed!
Is there a reason this cannot be the same for LiXx ? That is, at the moment if I disconnect my LiPo at the end of charge it will revert to the idle display the same as for NiXx. I think it would be better if for all chemistries the end-of-charge display remained until the Stop button is pressed even if the battery is disconnected.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old May 16, 2008, 03:23 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
I agree - holding the STOP button during power up to activate upgrade is a clever and very user friendly way of doing this Provide the outside hookups and you've solved the upgrade issues without much work! Waiting patiently for my RS232-TTL board from futurlec...

@junsi:
Can you confirm that initiating upgrade using STOP (v3.02), then power off (without actually upgrading), will not erase the firmware and that the charger will still work? I can imagine a scenario with user "ten thumbs" - either a stuck button or something resting on the button during powerup.

Also, does the upgrade procedure really need all 4 connections (+5V, GND, TX TTL, RX TTL) or can one of them be left out? Does it get +5V already, or not use TX TTL (from charger to PC)?

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by thomanie; May 16, 2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:25 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Is it safe to simple remove the power to the charger in this mode so long as no download has been started ?
kgfly beat me to it typing his reply...

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2008, 03:32 AM
Near Oslo, Norway
Joined Oct 2004
49 Posts
I have never ever seen such a commitment from a manufacturer to respond and change things upon customer request. This is really unique! Keep up the good work Junsi!
My 1010B will be here in the middle of next week! I can't wait to test this charger against my Bantam 902.

Lars
larshkj is offline Find More Posts by larshkj
Old May 16, 2008, 03:49 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello Kgfly,
Quote:
OK, so this new feature to enter the download waiting mode will work on both the 1010B andr the 106B, correct ?
Yes, you are right!
Quote:
It is safe to remove the power before the process of upgrading, but if your charger has entered into the upgrading progress(the sign for the upgrading process is the Progress Bars shown up) , which may result in the firmware locked. The new bulk has no such problem!
Quote:
I do not understand what you mean ? Is it that the download progress display in the Upgrader window on the PC will only be active for the 1010B ?
This convenient procedure is just for 1010B!
Quote:
Is there a reason this cannot be the same for LiXx ? That is, at the moment if I disconnect my LiPo at the end of charge it will revert to the idle display the same as for NiXx. I think it would be better if for all chemistries the end-of-charge display remained until the Stop button is pressed even if the battery is disconnected.
We will take it into consideration!
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; May 16, 2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:52 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
This convenient procedure is just for 1010B!
Could you pleas elaborate on this a little further?

Thanks,

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old May 16, 2008, 04:06 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello,
Quote:
Could you pleas elaborate on this a little further?
Ok, the convenience is that the upgrading for 1010B you need to do is just power on your charger of v3.02 and connect it to the PC, and then click the UPDATE button and it will enter into the progress directly! In other words, the serial communication can directly active the upgrading progress!

Thanks,
Junsi
Old May 16, 2008, 04:28 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello Thomas,
Quote:
Can you confirm that initiating upgrade using STOP (v3.02), then power off (without actually upgrading), will not erase the firmware and that the charger will still work? I can imagine a scenario with user "ten thumbs" - either a stuck button or something resting on the button during powerup.
Yes, you are right, the locked problem won't accur if you cut off the power before upgrading!
For this firm locked problem, which has nothing to do with the version, it is just related to the firmware ISP. We are sorry to say that these problem will occur in you charger when the power cut-off in the process of upgrading, for we hadnít consider it before. But the new bulk wonít have such locked problem whenever you cut off the power! Please be careful when you upgrading your charger!

Quote:
Also, does the upgrade procedure really need all 4 connections (+5V, GND, TX TTL, RX TTL) or can one of them be left out? Does it get +5V already, or not use TX TTL (from charger to PC)?
Usually, you just need 3 connections (GND, TX TTL, RX TTL)!

Regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; May 16, 2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:56 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,331 Posts
This is really good news!
Thank you, Junsi, for all the work of constantly improving your chargers!

I like that only 3 contacts are needed for upgrades. This way, one can install a 3.5mm stereo jack in the charger case for future upgrades.

I can hardly wait until I recieve mine

Cheers, and thumbs up,

Julez

PS: Before I forget: I recieved a PM whether this USB device will work to upgrade the charger:

http://cgi.ebay.at/USB-Serial-to-RS2...QQcmdZViewItem

Could you comment?
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old May 16, 2008, 05:20 AM
Joined Aug 2007
137 Posts
hi,

In my jurney to find my next charger I end up here

I have read al the post but there are some confiosion for me as my english isnt that good.

Can software of the iCharger 1010B on hobbycity be updated or not? I see some post about soldiring and bin files etc... If yes, could someone please point me to an how-to upgrade the software. Is there a usb connection or not?

I want to charge my 3s lipos at the same time... I understund that this charger can, but;

1. would it be ok if one is more empty then the other? I mean I fly using a timmer but there is noway to have them exctly in the same condition before connecting. One will be more empty then the other.

2. Do I still need to use an serial conector to put my lipos in serie will charging? Or puting them in the balancer conector will be enough?

3. Can this charger charge NIMH also?

4. If I want the max capacity to charge as much lipos posible in one time, wich power supply do I need? 12V 6A?

Thank you for your time and sorry for much gramatica faults
crash1000 is offline Find More Posts by crash1000