HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2014, 11:44 PM
India, TN, MAS
Joined Aug 2013
252 Posts
The fault was with the cable I've got my cable exchanged and it's working now.
FMS is so boring is there any other nice simulator. Can I use this cable with Phoenix 3.0 with emulator
rcniteshrc is offline Find More Posts by rcniteshrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:09 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
555 Posts
Hey guys, maybe you can help.

Trying to set up for a FlySky CT6B - I have the cable (like this from FlySky)

Now, i am running windows 7, but i have got T6Sim working, and listening to my radios,

But i cannot get it to work on FMS, Clearview, or RC Desk Pilot.

Any recommendations?
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:13 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,560 Posts
Have you installed PPJoy ? Or VJoy ? I.e. the software which converts the signal from T6sim into a usable joystick signal for the simulators ?

I don't own that TX but that's what a quick Google on "T6Sim FMS" said needed doing.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jun 18, 2014, 09:07 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,761 Posts
You use that cable to change the programming in the transmitter, right? If so, you cannot use it as a flight sim cable, as it does not provide the signal from the Tx to the PC. You'll need to search for the correct cable. I'll see if I still have the part number in my archives.

This is what I have: http://www.helidirect.com/usb-simula...-70-p-3171.hdx
Wintr is offline Find More Posts by Wintr
Last edited by Wintr; Jun 18, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:53 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
555 Posts
Does it matter that i am Win7 64bit? as alot of the software i have tried recently is only 32bit compatible.

Either that or i will try again but on the upstairs computer, (the one for the kids is win 7 32 bit.)

As it is really to teach my 4 year old, as she absolutly loves everything that moves, and adores watching me fly. She is in fits of laughter when she uses the sim on her tablet.
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:46 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,761 Posts
You set it up in the Windows Control Panel as a Game Controller. I have Win 8.1 64, and it works just fine.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:49 AM
India, TN, MAS
Joined Aug 2013
252 Posts
after you have to calibrate it on fms.
search on youtube calibrate fms simulator.
rcniteshrc is offline Find More Posts by rcniteshrc
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:39 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
I have a related question - can a radio with the "DIN" type port on the back get a "DIN" to USB cable to use on a PC for a Simulator? Be nice to use you actual radio. I'm very new to the hobby. I hooked an XBOX 360 wired controller to USB & BMI Simulator sees the controller & runs, but not like using my real radio? Thanks all.
jerry457011 is offline Find More Posts by jerry457011
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:45 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Not sure of your problem, but RC desk pilot (and BMI's sim) will talk to a USB wired XBOX 360 controller and runs OK. At least in Win 7?? This refers to #17 above.
jerry457011 is offline Find More Posts by jerry457011
Last edited by jerry457011; Jun 27, 2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: put in out of sequence
Old Jul 03, 2014, 11:26 PM
Joined Jun 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
You use that cable to change the programming in the transmitter, right? If so, you cannot use it as a flight sim cable, as it does not provide the signal from the Tx to the PC. You'll need to search for the correct cable. I'll see if I still have the part number in my archives.

This is what I have: http://www.helidirect.com/usb-simula...-70-p-3171.hdx
(I think) I have the same cable as yours, and an esky 6ch transmitter, but my PC detects it as Unknown Device. Any pointers?

EDIT: thing is, it installs the drives automatically, but comes up as Reflex RC USB cable...?
ForcedIntoFlying is offline Find More Posts by ForcedIntoFlying
Last edited by ForcedIntoFlying; Jul 04, 2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: some more information
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:20 AM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedIntoFlying View Post
(I think) I have the same cable as yours, and an esky 6ch transmitter, but my PC detects it as Unknown Device. Any pointers?

EDIT: thing is, it installs the drives automatically, but comes up as Reflex RC USB cable...?
That would be the name in the driver, found by the driver search. If it appears in the controllers section of the Control Panel, just try going through the calibration procedure there. TX has to be on, of course. Once set up in the Control Panel, it should work in the sim.