Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Apr 11, 2016, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by xMichaelx
Joined Apr 2016
4 Posts
Question
Buying Blade nano qx vs any other rec's?

Looking to fly mostly indoors. Will later fly outside in the yard. Will probably have to buy a larger multirotor for that.

Want:
a. fun
b. easy to repair or cheap to replace
c. removable rechargeable lipo batteries
d. pretty led lights would be nice or may be a necessity for the fun factor
e. rtf or bnf. I can fix it but I don't want to build it!!

I currently fly mostly foamies like the nutball and eppyak; used to fly the mini-Ultra stick but it's hard finding a place to fly.
I have a 8 year old or so old DX7 acro transmitter.

I'm planning on buying the Blade nano qx RTF - I want the transmitter even though I can bind to my old DX7.

The Blade nano qx seemed on reading to be nearly perfect for indoors. The Blade nano qx 3D seemed on reading to be a little less durable with the blades on bottom.

There's plenty of spare parts for sell for the nano qx and the nano qx has been around for a while.

My skill level is intermediate, but I plan to let beginners fly it.

1. Just want to make sure my choice is good before spending my money. I can't stand spending money on something and finding out I bought the wrong thing. Are there any better micros for the money? Seems like the brushed motors would be easy to replace, even with my bad eyesight. Is there a better choice with pretty LED's?

Thanks.
xMichaelx is offline Find More Posts by xMichaelx
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2016, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by steve_o73
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Mar 2014
134 Posts
I would go for the Inductrix. I also have the original Nano QX but the Inductrix is better in every way. More stable, has LED's and the props are protected better. Price is a bit lower to.
steve_o73 is offline Find More Posts by steve_o73
Old Apr 12, 2016, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
729 Posts
I second the inductrix, it's a superb little quad and more robust than the Nano QX.
mawz is offline Find More Posts by mawz
Old Apr 12, 2016, 08:31 AM
Joined Apr 2016
4 Posts
Wow - the Inductrix checks off everything on my list!! Thank you. Thinking about it last night, the orientation LED's were just important to me as everything else. The Inductrix looks good for indoors, and in a couple of months I may buy a larger multirotor for outdoors, not sure about FPV.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMichaelx View Post
Wow - the Inductrix checks off everything on my list!! Thank you. Thinking about it last night, the orientation LED's were just important to me as everything else. The Inductrix looks good for indoors, and in a couple of months I may buy a larger multirotor for outdoors, not sure about FPV.
And for outdoors + FPV, there's the Inductrix 200 ;-)
mawz is offline Find More Posts by mawz
Old Apr 13, 2016, 07:26 AM
Joined Apr 2016
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz View Post
And for outdoors + FPV, there's the Inductrix 200 ;-)
Haha! We shall see.
I placed the order for the rtf Inductrix and four extra batteries yesterday. I'll post a follow-up after it flys.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:22 AM
Joined Apr 2016
4 Posts
My Inductrix arrived yesterday and it is just what I wanted - fun to fly - thx again to all.