HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:13 PM
Great Lone Star State
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Feb 2013
620 Posts
Alert
Too Many Plane Crashes!

I've spoken with many people who have flown all over the world about the number of incidents they had while flying related to plane failure or hard landings etcetera .

Everybody says this phrase "If it ain't Boeing I'm not goin" . So, long trips, it's a 747. On short trips, a 737 usually, but if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going.
traceyl is offline Find More Posts by traceyl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:14 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,306 Posts
I doubt that you mean a 727. Maybe a 737?
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:17 PM
Great Lone Star State
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Feb 2013
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
I doubt that you mean a 727. Maybe a 737?
Darn typo, yes, a 737, its a great plane. Wish I could lease one for awhile.
traceyl is offline Find More Posts by traceyl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:21 PM
Registered User
grumpy42's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
922 Posts
Fatal plane crash rates by model
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:33 PM
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
No more Concorde flights for me.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:38 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,442 Posts
Yet more things to be scared over...
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:56 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,861 Posts
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going - really

OK - Boeing 737 v A 320

Similar numbers presently flying - about 6 thousand of each

A 320 is a much more modern aeroplane and if you want to buy one today then you have a 7 year waiting list

An A 320 takes of and lands every 2 seconds - 24/7 - 365 days of the year

ONE crash is one too many of course, but generally - A 320 is one of the safest aeroplanes on the planet

And don't ever forget Captain Sully - he flew an Airbus down on the glide and floated a high alpha landing on the Hudson with no loss of life and without Airbus fly by wire that would not have happened
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 07:09 PM
Great Lone Star State
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Feb 2013
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going - really

OK - Boeing 737 v A 320

Similar numbers presently flying - about 6 thousand of each

A 320 is a much more modern aeroplane and if you want to buy one today then you have a 7 year waiting list

An A 320 takes of and lands every 2 seconds - 24/7 - 365 days of the year

ONE crash is one too many of course, but generally - A 320 is one of the safest aeroplanes on the planet

And don't ever forget Captain Sully - he flew an Airbus down on the glide and floated a high alpha landing on the Hudson with no loss of life and without Airbus fly by wire that would not have happened
No airbus volkswagen for me. You can keep them. Sully was a majorly great pilot. He would have lande any airliner the same way because hes great.
traceyl is offline Find More Posts by traceyl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 07:34 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyl View Post
No airbus volkswagen for me. You can keep them. Sully was a majorly great pilot. He would have lande any airliner the same way because hes great.
Ignorance on your part I'm afraid

Airliners generally do not 'alight' on water

Fly by wire means that aeroplanes don't stall - that made Sully's landing much more feasible
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 07:40 PM
Registered User
Usta Bee's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
3,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
An A 320 takes of and lands every 2 seconds - 24/7 - 365 days of the year
I'd hate to be stuck in the landing pattern behind that one and try to squeeze my landing in between all his touch and go's.

That must be one busy runway !.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 03:32 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Oct 2013
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyl View Post
I've spoken with many people who have flown all over the world about the number of incidents they had while flying related to plane failure or hard landings etcetera .

Everybody says this phrase "If it ain't Boeing I'm not goin" . So, long trips, it's a 747. On short trips, a 737 usually, but if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going.
People forget how many planes there are.

For the Airbus varieties alone (I don't have numbers for anything else) one is taking off or landing somewhere in the world ever TWO SECONDS 24/7.
Mark Powell is online now Find More Posts by Mark Powell
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:11 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I'd hate to be stuck in the landing pattern behind that one and try to squeeze my landing in between all his touch and go's.

That must be one busy runway !.
Well that's O'hare for yah
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:12 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Powell View Post
People forget how many planes there are.

For the Airbus varieties alone (I don't have numbers for anything else) one is taking off or landing somewhere in the world ever TWO SECONDS 24/7.
That's not Airbus 'varieties' Mark - that's JUST the A320
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:54 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,442 Posts
I did smile when I see the OP state "Everybody says.."

I have never heard that saying (but then I'm not American), and have travelled on many, various planes probably significantly more than most Americans (including our 3 month World trip - 16 flights).

Sorry, but it's also rather weird that people get all sensitive about plane safety, yet drive a car! They have little idea about risk, methinks.
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:57 AM
Registered User
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyl View Post
No airbus volkswagen for me. You can keep them. Sully was a majorly great pilot. He would have lande any airliner the same way because hes great.

"Majorly great"....
MrMootsie is offline Find More Posts by MrMootsie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Wife says I have too many planes??? TFLG Slope 114 Jan 19, 2015 03:01 PM
Poll How many is too many? How many is enough? Cathay Stray FPV Aircraft 23 Dec 09, 2014 12:04 PM
Discussion TOO MANY TO PICK FROM-Which plane would fit my hanger darticus 3D Foamies 1 Oct 28, 2014 03:10 PM
For Sale I have too many, just too many planes! rcjake Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 23, 2014 09:27 PM