HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2015, 08:06 PM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
North AL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
2,010 Posts
Romans 12:1:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1&version=NASB

I will definitely read Brother Lawrence's writings.

Thank you for sharing brother.

Kevin
ruff1 is offline Find More Posts by ruff1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 09:48 PM
United States, AL, Phenix City
Joined May 2013
277 Posts
It's been a while. Any progress?
PC Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PC Pilot
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:06 AM
This is a fine fiddly business
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined May 2009
1,516 Posts
Distractions and though experiments

PC Pilot,

I have made a bit of progress...mostly in the wrong places.

I have had some quality modeling time lately. I am near completion of my 3rd 247 intra- project-project. The first intra-project- project was the Cessna 140A I built for an old friend. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post25257909

The second inta-project project was a Sringer Tug made to look like a cartoon scale Clyde Puffer freighter. I claim that I made it for my wife. She gives me the patient roll eyes and tells me that I made a boat for me named after her. Maybe....
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...3-IMG_4865.jpg

The third intra-project project is nearing completion. It is a Parkscale Models Mini-Drake which I am making for another friend in a pseudo-scale pre-WW2 military color scheme. It is both visible and attractive.

I claim to be making great strides on the 247. The progress has been in the form of "thought experiments" If they were good enough for Einstein and Schrodinger why wouldn't it be good enough for me. After extensive thought experiments I have I have decided to use Coverite - CoverLite "Iron-on Synthetic Tissue Covering" because it is strong, light, heat stable and takes paint well. I have also decided to do separate right and left elevator halves and push rods because it will make the aft part of the fuselage stronger and easier to build. I have also decided to use exposed pull-pull cables on the rudder rather than a hidden bell crank because it will be less fiddly.

I still hold the ambition to live life as worship. There is slow progress there as well. My spiritual walk is a bit like my 247 build, long, slow with some distractions but going in the right direction.

Robert
Robert R is online now Find More Posts by Robert R
Last edited by Robert R; Mar 26, 2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:58 PM
Joined May 2013
277 Posts
Overall progress in the right direction is always better than wrong direction or none at all.

Cute boat. I made a pontoon Smurf Boat for my wife in 1985. There are photos of it in the boat forums, unfortunately I don't recall which one.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:26 AM
Joined May 2009
1,516 Posts
DC Pilot,
Thanks for following along.
A bit more progress on intra-project-project #3.

Robert
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:03 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,338 Posts
Nice work on the Mini Drake Robert! I like the choice of covering scheme!
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
Old Mar 26, 2015, 06:09 PM
Joined May 2013
277 Posts
Looks like a nice flyer.

Is it a 3 channel?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 03:00 PM
Joined May 2009
1,516 Posts
Zeke,
Thanks, I like the graphic design as well. Coming from the designer of the plane that is a very nice encouragement.

PC Pilot, It is a lovely little three channel gem. There is a build log. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=mini+drake

The reason for a a intra-build-build was that I had a bunch of niggly little 247 design issues which needed sorting out, hence the thought experiments. But my brain was tired. It seems to tire easily lately. I wanted something that went nicely without fighting me every inch of the way. so I chose a therapeutic Zeke's Mini Drake build. http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=73 . I also plan to build his T-50 Bobcat when it is ready and Pat Tritle's Songbird when Brodak kits it. Yes, I know they are the same plane and yes I will finish the 247 before starting on either of them. I promise.

Now for a note to Callie Graphics for pre WW2 Coast Guard markings. I may do my second as a Boeing 314 Pan Am Clipper.

Robert
Last edited by Robert R; Mar 27, 2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 06:32 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
The reason for a a intra-build-build was that I had a bunch of niggly little 247 design issues which needed sorting out, hence the thought experiments.
Sometimes that is the best thing to do. I often will 'step away' from a project for a few weeks or even months when I am trying to work through a difficult problem. It helps coming back with all of the old ideas cleared out and approaching the problem(s) with a fresh perspective.
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:48 PM
Joined May 2013
277 Posts
This is the boat I made for my wife in 1985. The name on the tail is Willit Float.

This photo is during renovation and some additions. Not shown are the nav lights, the rope tie point next to the golfer, two birds and the Pirate with a butterfly on his sword. The top was changed from white canopy to the copper roof plus the awning and door was added. Decks and stairs are mahogany with Monokote hiding the end grain.

The radio was bashed into an electronic project box and a mahogany top.

The photos are large so click them several times for detail study.