SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:12 PM
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
Question
ET Vector OSD configuration

I really love the display that Vector OSD provides and assume I can use the OSD functions independently from the flight controller (craft already has a NAZA FC). I know I can enable and disable the various objects presented by the OSD but can I move them around the display for the presentation I want?
EdDial is offline Find More Posts by EdDial
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:30 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
627 Posts
Hello,

You can use the Vector without any of its control connections however you will continue to receive various warning messages because the Vector is not seeing the needed inputs, controls etc.

Yes, you can move most of the display items to different positions.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
So if there's no way to disable the messages would I be better off just getting the OSD pro? Would I be sacrificing any features other than the flight controller?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:42 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
627 Posts
Hello,

No, you can not currently turn off the messages. To get similar options with the OSD Pro you will need the eLogger, OSD Pro, Guardian Stabilizer, Altitude sensor and GPS Expander and will still not have all the features of the Vector.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2015, 04:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
116 Posts
I purchased the osd pro combo and am very happy with it on my f450 with naza. It's not as good as the vector as far as moving things around and there are a lot more wires and modules but it's cool if you want to spend the money. I also added the barometer. The osd pro kit is around $200 on sale at most places. I have my vector in a plane now and love it. You don't need the stabilizer since naza is your FC. Just the gps,elogger and osd pro. Barometer is extra but the gps altitude on the osd pro is not good.
biomedchad is offline Find More Posts by biomedchad
Old Mar 24, 2015, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
OK, made the plunge, joined the family

OK, I ordered a vector system. I hope these messages aren't too much of a pain. I'm hoping that a future software release will allow me to turn that off. I also hope the loiter issues have been resolved. Threads aren't clear on that. I guess the end game is to load this system up in a fpv plane. It arrives tomorrow.