HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2015, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2003
427 Posts
Discussion
Removing epoxied servo

Help,

Just epoxied a servo in tail of a gp siren, appears there is some kinda short in the wire as it stops working when wire wiggled.
Aarrgghhh

Suggestions on how to remve this servo ?
lennyk is offline Find More Posts by lennyk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:01 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,257 Posts
I took a piece of 90 degree angle and sharpened the end of it so I could wiggle it under servos like this. Sometimes you can just flex it enough to pop it off though. try that first. Just push a thumb in on the other side of the fin and maybe you'll get lucky.
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Oct 2013
1,485 Posts
I've used a cutting wheel and made several cuts into servo and pick it bit by bit with needle nose pliers..assuming you can't pry out....the little 90 degree pry bar method sounds good...
hubcapsteve is online now Find More Posts by hubcapsteve
Old Feb 15, 2015, 05:04 AM
Joined Dec 2004
808 Posts
Check the wires in the servoplug first. May not be the problem here, but I have seen instances there the little 'prongs' in the contacts did not quite go through the plastic insulation of the wire.

If the plug is ok, the 90 degree angle sound slike a good idea. I've also used big pliers and just grabbed the servo, then rotating it a wiggling it to each side. After some 'suitable' force is applied they usually pop out easily enough.

Gerben
Gerben is offline Find More Posts by Gerben
Old Feb 15, 2015, 06:07 PM
Joined Dec 2003
427 Posts
Got it out with a sharpened piece of angle, good thing i have lots of scraps from welding.
One of the motor wires was not properly soldered in the servo.
lennyk is offline Find More Posts by lennyk
Old Feb 18, 2015, 01:10 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,640 Posts
Use servo frames...then you won't have to bite your nails the next time it happens
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Feb 19, 2015, 09:50 PM
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jul 2002
204 Posts
I'd just use pliers and yank the sucker out., you might destroy ur servo in the process.
Labrother is offline Find More Posts by Labrother