SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:04 PM
Live Free and Fly
United States, NH, Bedford
Joined Apr 2013
491 Posts
Latest vid for those who enjoy them. Polaris Ultra cruising around a winter wonderland. Three feet of snow and six foot drifts. Perfect for the Polaris.

P-Fun Snow-Run (6 min 25 sec)
bmw111 is offline Find More Posts by bmw111
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 02:05 PM
Joined Jun 2007
481 Posts
Which one? Last tree? Unfortunately I do not have it. Video link cuts off about 5 seconds before tree contact, mobuis disintegrated on impact. SD card was in but empty. Mobius does not power up anymore ;(
Zippy compact 5000mAh turned into the shape of a pear - it become shorter by an inch. Surprisingly EC5 plug did not disconnect and it was powering the model when I found it. I would expect it flame out but it did not. May be they did not put lithium in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
I'd like to see that video.
DenisM is offline Find More Posts by DenisM
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:29 AM
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Jan 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisM View Post
Which one? Last tree? Unfortunately I do not have it. Video link cuts off about 5 seconds before tree contact, mobuis disintegrated on impact. SD card was in but empty. Mobius does not power up anymore ;(
Zippy compact 5000mAh turned into the shape of a pear - it become shorter by an inch. Surprisingly EC5 plug did not disconnect and it was powering the model when I found it. I would expect it flame out but it did not. May be they did not put lithium in it
I had a 52" grim reaper wing from Crash test hobby that had survived at least 100 plus crashes. Late last year I tried an orange R615X on it and the receiver cut out in the middle of a power dive. The wing bounced 15 feet into the air after it hit the ground and the motor bell and prop flew off into the weeds and was never found. The battery a 4000 MAH 40C was shaped into a U but it never caught fire. I had to retire that receiver, the wing and the battery after that.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine with an identical receiver we bought at the same time, so we got rid of those receivers after that.
Bluebug is online now Find More Posts by Bluebug
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:53 PM
Joined Jun 2007
481 Posts
Offtop!!!

Back on top ... it did not need to die. it was more like a bush it was caught in. Anyways, lasted for me about 40 flights and 3 crashes. 2 video link loss and one take off with one aileron disconnected were the readons for sub optimal landing approach. PU did good in crashes mainly due to detachable wings on mine. But when nose hits thee trunk it cant be saved.
DenisM is offline Find More Posts by DenisM
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2015, 11:08 PM
Live Free and Fly
Joined Apr 2013
491 Posts
Polaris Ultra Swan Song.

c'est la vie!

Polaris Swan Song (1 min 23 sec)
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:53 AM
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Polaris Ultra Swan Song.

c'est la vie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSb...ature=youtu.be
Sorry to see the demise of your Polaris Ultra. You had a ton of flights with the plane!

Thanks for sharing all the videos.

Scott
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero
Old Mar 09, 2015, 08:41 AM
Live Free and Fly
Joined Apr 2013
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Aero View Post
Sorry to see the demise of your Polaris Ultra. You had a ton of flights with the plane!

Thanks for sharing all the videos.

Scott
Two years and two very full winters of Polaris Ultra. Great, great plane. Who knows, if there's a Polaris Ultra V.2 in the future.....

Cheers.