SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2015, 02:31 AM
Joined Oct 2014
7 Posts
Discussion
Where to find templates?

Hello!

Just ordered a foam cutter and actually a teksumo (popwing) from hobbyking, wanted to make a copy of this as i was very peased with it.

Is there not anywhere online where there are collections of templates for making foamies?

I cant find anyone, wanted to build a sailplane.
gabsterino is offline Find More Posts by gabsterino
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:05 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabsterino View Post
Hello!

Just ordered a foam cutter and actually a teksumo (popwing) from hobbyking, wanted to make a copy of this as i was very peased with it.

Is there not anywhere online where there are collections of templates for making foamies?

I think what you mean is plans? Normal you down load the plan of a plane you want to build and then print it out and make template
Just scroll thru the scratch build forum, you can find tons of plans
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:20 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,777 Posts
Templates are made from Formica countertop material. Cut it out with a bandsaw, smooth the edges with sandpaper and giv'er.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:08 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
10,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabsterino View Post
Hello!

When you say "templates" what do you mean? Most all the planes on this forum have the templates in a PDF file that is either a single page where one prints it out on a large size printer, or in a PDF where the single sheet is tiled and prints on letter size paper. Check the "600+ planes" thread at the top of first page of this forum for designs and follow the link to the plane you want. You can also check out my 60" span motor glider: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=osg

Now if you are looking for templates of commercially available models (ARF or RTF) that is another issue. They are Copyrighted, and one can't legally copy them for sale or distribution, although there is no reason one can't copy the pieces, making their own templates for their personal use.

Hope this helps...
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: more indoor stuff
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:24 PM
Elmer
Joined Feb 2015
31 Posts
I think you should check out the website called FliteTest. They have a LOT of information about building foam board airplanes. Plus their store has stuff that is not generally available in other hobby stores. They also have a lot of free plans that you can download and print out. Their videos are awesome and I learned a lot form them. I am getting ready to build a 40 size Ugly Stick from foam board and hot glue.
Elmer.
emckay7067 is offline Find More Posts by emckay7067
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:25 PM
Elmer
Joined Feb 2015
31 Posts
Sorry, deleted double post. My IE browser is acting up again.
emckay7067 is offline Find More Posts by emckay7067