SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2014, 11:15 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
Help!
walkera master cp tail rotor issue

Hi folks,
I own a walkera master cp heli. I flew it just couple of times. I once landed it pretty hard on the ground and since then the tail rotor stopped working. When I tried to pull it out, I realised one of the wires of the motor had come off. I ordered a new motor but when I connected it, it wouldn't work. The main motor does work fine.
How do I check if the new motor is working fine? How do I check if the tail rotor cable is not broken? How do I disconnect the tail rotor cable in the first place? Could the equipment below the main circuit be a problem?
Please need help, I badly want to fly this heli. Thanks.
ShyamVadeyar is offline Find More Posts by ShyamVadeyar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:46 PM
Joined Jan 2014
8 Posts
You should have a digital Multimeter (Local Hobby Store, Radio Shack, Lowes, HomeDepot, Sears, etc.) $50-$100 should be quite adequate. You can use it to test continuity of the cables, and voltage present at the motor terminals.

Be sure to disconnect the main motor when testing live circuits, as the main rotors can be quite dangerous. The tail rotor is activated only when the gyro determines that the tail must move or resist movement to maintain the commanded position. I believe from my few tests that the tail rotor will not be activated unless the main rotor is activated and yaw is commanded. With the main motor disconnected, you can safely command lift + yaw, and perform the electrical tests.

If you do not understand what I am recommending, then you should seek out another hobbyist to walk you through testing procedures. They are simple if you have a fundamental grasp of electrical principles and the response of the Master CP computer system to commands and uncommanded movements. Otherwise, you should not attempt repairs by yourself.

I just replaced my tail motor after burning it out in a crash that caused the rotor to embed itself in the tail motor bracket and stall. Now I can resume my hover practice. I am just starting to be able to control my Master CP using a dual-rate of 60% with -20% exp.
hedgewarden is offline Find More Posts by hedgewarden