Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:27 AM
Joined Jan 2014
16 Posts
Discussion
Night Hawk 250 Pro

Someone have an experience with new mxp230 clone?
http://m.besthobbymall.com/item_deta...-Frame#!detail
yaronrez is offline Find More Posts by yaronrez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:34 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
2,117 Posts
No, just like any other mini as far as setup. Read the threads and find one that matches whatever frame you have.
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:45 PM
United States, PA, Meadville
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
I ordered a Night Hawk 250...it's cheap enough and plus i had a good experience with www.besthobbymall last time. good people there. I chose Swiss Post for the shipping instead of a fast service like Fedex or UPS, because they give u free shipping with swiss post. Can't beat that!
Tornado78 is offline Find More Posts by Tornado78
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:49 PM
United States, PA, Meadville
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
Hey waterbound, sorry to get off the subject, but i see you're in Annapolis...you a monohull sailor? Maybe we could talk sometime...I'm looking at Lagoon 52 multihulls. Let's not muck up this thread too much...here's my email: bailamesisisi@gmail.com
Tornado78 is offline Find More Posts by Tornado78
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:56 PM
Joined Jul 2014
20 Posts
More info on the Night Hawk 250:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...250+key+points
BestHobbyMall is offline Find More Posts by BestHobbyMall
Old Jul 23, 2014, 01:42 AM
Australia, NSW, North Sydney
Joined Aug 2013
95 Posts
Looks interesting, might get one of these.
ollierexx is online now Find More Posts by ollierexx
Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:01 AM
Joined Jan 2014
16 Posts
Afraid that the frame little bit heavy. 185g it's a lot for mini category. All other frame in this category weight about 130g. I think if there was a version with shorter arms for 5 inch prop only it would take off some weight and make this frane to more attractive.
yaronrez is offline Find More Posts by yaronrez
Old Jul 23, 2014, 01:45 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2004
89 Posts
SS Screws look pretty, but add to the weight bit by bit.. switching to nylon or aluminum screws would help its weight.
Jam-ehz is offline Find More Posts by Jam-ehz
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:46 PM
Joined Jul 2014
20 Posts
Appreciate the suggestions, guys! We will do what we can to make adjustments in order to reduce the weight.

The reality is, though, that it comes down to a simple equation. Regarding CF frames, one of the following two options are possible:

1. Lower weight + high cost

or

2. Higher weight + low cost

We all want to "have our cake AND eat it too," and maybe there is a way to achieve this (I hope!)

So, keep the suggestions coming. I'm all ears...
Old Aug 02, 2014, 12:48 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
261 Posts
When it says "Carbon/Glass hybrid", what is 100% carbon (if anything), what is glass, and what is a mix (usually glass, plus outer layer CF more for the looks)?

I personally would prefer CF for the arms, and GF for the rest, mainly so that receivers and GPS, FPV etc. don't have issues with radio waves receiving and sending.
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2014
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkubota View Post
When it says "Carbon/Glass hybrid", what is 100% carbon (if anything), what is glass, and what is a mix (usually glass, plus outer layer CF more for the looks)?

I personally would prefer CF for the arms, and GF for the rest, mainly so that receivers and GPS, FPV etc. don't have issues with radio waves receiving and sending.
We had the same question when we were first made aware of this hybrid material. The glass fiber and carbon fiber threads are interwoven in such a way that each strand is literally a mixture of both, not layer by layer. Hope that helps. As for interference, can you elaborate more on that?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:46 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
939 Posts
Great looking frame and I have just the motors for it, are you looking for testers/reviewers ?
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM